Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Just a little update from the inside.

Unvaccinated: very sick

Vaccinated, but not bolstered . Sick, but do well with treatment when hospitalized.

Talking to a doc today. An anti-vaxxed comes to the hospital with covid pneumonia. The treatment is remdesivir for 5 days and steroids He says “ no way are you giving me remdesivir “ doc says, “if you don’t wNt the treatment, you can go home now. There is nothing else we can do “. Gives in and takes the remdesivir . It’s just a bunch of idiots out there who make zero sense. Another one was a whole
Unvaccinated s family who is a caregiver for their mom who had a stroke a few years ago. She’s in her 60’s. Son brought it home, she got super sick, intubated and then luckily extubated but can’t get off high flow and is really sick. She will likely die

Still totally short staffed. The nurses are so burnt out. I help
Out where I can with the bedside nurses.

As far as my non-existent love life, I had 2 past people come out of the woodwork . One was the guy who treated me poorly that I ended it with. He apparently os very apologetic and wants me to give him another chance. I was very blunt with him and told him exactly why I ended it. He says he can “ do better” . But I don’t feel safe with him.

The other guy who really likes me keeps reaching out to me. I’m just not interested. He’s all talk, no action.

Is it lonely? Yes. But I just can’t deal. It will be a while until I get there. But I think I’m just meant to be single. I’m making peace with it. It’s just a different time. And I didn’t have too much luck when I was younger . It’s just going to get harder now that im older. And I can handle it. I will just keep looking towards the future. 3.5 years, and im moving . And I cannot wait .

Happy holidays everyone

K
kml Offline
K
Study in Mass. showed currently the unvaccinated are 31 times more likely to get Covid than the vaxxed and boosted. My youngest son got his booster today - I’m really happy because he works in a restaurant.

Don’t waste your time on the guy who treated you badly - he’s already shown you who he is. And if you’re planning to move in 3 1/2 years - why not just consider any current dating as fun only? I hope Mr Right awaits you in your future dream town.

D
D
Thank you so much again for the info from the inside. Are these really sick patients infected with Delta Or omicron or unknown? Because all I’m heading is omicron spreads like crazy but has very very few deaths and symptoms are very mild like a cold. Many don’t know they even have it. I can’t keep track of the number of fully vaccinated and boosted patients I personally already know that have been infected. None get very sick but especially with omicron the vaccines are near useless in preventing infection. All still seem to be effective and keeping severity low. They just lose efficiency within months and totally Peter out in about six month.

As for” It’s just a bunch of idiots out there who make zero sense.” There’s nothing new here. It’s just way more of them. But what can we expect. People don’t know what to think anymore. So many say something different. Fauchi changes his statements more than some change their underwear. People get silenced and fired. It’s lunacy. And it leads people not to trust anyone anymore. Heck I’ve got 30 years of experience, am a total critical thinker, am well connected and I’m not sure what to think anymore on some things. This has all been handled so badly. You can’t tell people “get vaccinated and you can’t get Covid” or “can’t spread it” then it’s clear both those statements care false. People see they are false yet some still say it and never do we heard”we were wrong or we gave you incorrect information”. Then Twitter and YouTube and Facebook sensor or remove things - it makes it seem like we’ve turned into a Russia and people then dont trust anything they are told.

They are now calling back fired workers in my state. They quietly changed their status from terminated to suspended and then to to inactive and now are calling them back saying we want you to return and dropping the vaccine mandates. Part of our hospital backup is not lack of hospital beds but nursing home beds. We’ve gone from 27,000 nursing home beds to under 25,000 over the last months. So it’s been claimed 600 people currently sitting in our hospitals are awaiting nursing home transfer.

What a damn mess all the way around. Now the WHO or at least a high level WHO official claims all these vaccinations are causing the mutations and will continue to do so with mass world vac. It’s science based and grounded as the virus mutates to survive. This is clearly known - but above my pay grade so I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with it. I’m just hoping omicron infects zillions but only with mild symptoms and gets us the natural immunity we desperately need. I’ve heard that more and more as well.

Again just a total mismanaged mess with government trying to force things down the peoples throat. I’ll bet my last dollar if they dropped the mandates and said do what you feel is best and gave honest consistent info including saying we don’t know or we are not sure there would be a rush to get vaccinated. Tell people they can’t have something and they will do anything they can to get it. Tell them they must get it and they will fight not too.

As for the guys… I’m not sure what to say. Trust your gut is the best I’ve got. Just remember it didn’t work the first time for a reason. It’s not likely to be different. And if you don’t feel safe or don’t trust a guy don’t let him in. I fear they are just hoping to get some more action - at least the one guy is. Keep you standards up and follow your gut.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
B
B
echoing Don ... tell Mr. "I can do better" to go do better with someone else. Remember, it's that wonderful time of the year. How many exh's or exw's show up during the holidays only to retreat again. You're Worth More.

As for the guy you aren't interested in. Block him.

Someone is out there, just not these two.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I think it definitely has to do with the holidays. People get lonely, reach out to something familiar. I’m not about that anymore. It was like 3 weeks with that guy and it was too tumultuous . Not for me. Need peace in life. And yes! 3.5 years I’m out of here and I really don’t want anything derailing those plans. Only for absolutely amazing am I willing to derails those plans. I am just so excited to be getting out of here eventually, not being house poor and living my life and enjoying some travel hopefully

Dating for fun. Currently not fun to me right now. But it might become fun to me again. Right now, I’m having more fun totally single. More time to take care of myself . Going out with work friends. I’m enjoying it.

2 members like this: Traveler, bttrfly
B
B
absolutely keep your eyes on the prize. 3.5 years will fly by.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
B
B
btw you are the prize G

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
K
kml Offline
K
The unvaccinated are 31 times more likely to get the virus than the vaccinated and boosted according to a recent study out of Massachusett. It’s mild in vaccinated people but can still be deadly in the vaccinated. (And the first US Omicron death was in an unvaxxed man who had had Covid previously, so don’t rely on your previous infection - still get vaccinated). ICUs are still full of unvaccinated Covid cases. And the virus mutates the more people it infects, not because of the vaccines. Stopping the spread by universal mask wearing, social distancing and vaccination is the way forward.

For those who want real information and actual facts, I recommend the blog Your Local Epidemiologist. Published by an epidemiologist at the University of Texas who also has a Masters in Public Health, she posts very timely, well researched updates with all the references.

D
D
Originally Posted by Ginger1
It was like 3 weeks with that guy and it was too tumultuous . Not for me. Need peace in life.

How can things get or be so tumultuous in only 3 weeks? That’s a huge red flag for me - for the guys you are picking. At least he didn’t try to put on an act and showed you who he was right away but that tells be he was showing you this from the get go. Something tells me you are picking the wrong guys. But then again using OLD the majority are the wrong guys - land of misfit toys - so there is that. This has shades of CW to it (tumultuous in the early stages). Of course credit for seeing it and stopping it. Next step - avoid it before it happens. These guys who are so bad out if the gate shouid never get into the arena.

Originally Posted by kml
Stopping the spread by universal mask wearing, social distancing and vaccination is the way forward.

If you are seriously placing a vaccine on the same parr as a useless mask (not including N95 properly warn and fit tested) you’re credibility is plummeting. The highest rates of infection are nearly all within areas that already have mask mandates and require proof of vaccination to enter. Yet they are in the top 10 of most infected cities. Natural immunity is at the very least as good as these partly failed vaccines. Early treatment also needs serious improvement. “Quarantine at home and go to the hospital if you get really sick” is hardly quality healthcare. In the end the sooner we stop the insanity and come to grips that we will be living with Covid for a long long time, the better we will be. The only thing worse than living in fear and missing out on life for 2 years is living in fear and missing out on life for 2 years and a day. STOP THE INSANITY.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
O
O
Originally Posted by DonH
If you are seriously placing a vaccine on the same parr as a useless mask (not including N95 properly warn and fit tested) you’re credibility is plummeting.

Your credibility plummeted when you had three spelling mistakes in one sentence.

Me: 41 W:42
T: 14 M: 11
S: 6

"What happened happened, and couldn't have happened any other way...because it didn't"
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard