Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
M
Originally Posted by DonH
Living in strange times indeed…

Saw one of the many history posts on Facebook this afternoon. Was of someone I met when I was like 21 or 22 and she was very late teens. We had fun together and both of us were significantly involved in EMS. I had last spent time with her like maybe 3 years after my D so at least 10 years ago. It would have been more than 20 years since we had first met. I’d have reconnected more fully as we were both single but it never happened. She finally married for the first and only time about 5 years later. I didn’t know the guy at all other than he was a firefighter, divorced with two younger kids - grade school age. They seemed to have a good life. She seemed happy.

I was then shocked to find out she got a very odd illness that shut down her organs. She had turned the corner but sadly died at around age 52 I think after months in the hospital. I thought it had been longer but it was just 2 years this past December she died.

Thanks to the insanity that was Covid she was never given a proper funeral until a celebration of life was held on September 21, 2021. I was not connected enough to attend even had I known. But as I’m just looking back now after entering this whole rabbit hole, 3 days after her celebration of life, on September 24, some 9 months after her totally untimely death, her widower husband announced he was in a relationship with one of her very good friends. They didn’t at all appear to hide it and every comment I saw was in support of them. In fact many posts tag my deceased friend, her good friend and her widower husband. Some months later they announced their engagement for later this year.

I can’t even anymore. No one finds this at least a little odd? Or perhaps they are afraid to post what they really think? How does a guy in true tragic form lose his wife, and then take up with one of her best friends within the year - possible within months? Was something going on prior? Am I the only one that finds this healthy if not strange as Fock? Loose your wife, start dating her friend within months and marry her a year after her funeral?

I cannot stop my head from shaking side to side. I guess some guys just cannot be alone.
My former FIL is seeing a lady right down the street. It is so messed up. She is the Mother of the girl who had a affair with his daughters former husband before me.. Crazy huh.
After my MIL passed away a couple years ago, he was/is devastated. But, now, he is hanging out with this lady every day. Her husband worked with my FIL for many decades, but passed away about 5 years ago, so she is a widower.
Companionship comes to us in weird ways..

Sitting at a Table for One.
B
B
40 I couldn't even follow that.
Are you saying that your exw was married before?
And the OW who broke up that marriage is the daughter of the woman her father is now dating?

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
M
M
Originally Posted by bttrfly
40 I couldn't even follow that.
Are you saying that your exw was married before?
And the OW who broke up that marriage is the daughter of the woman her father is now dating?
Ex was married prior to me. Her ex had relations with a girl down the street from her parents. Girl got pregnant.
That girls has since passed. Her Mother, is now seeing my former FIL. My FILs wife, passed away a couple years ago. So, My ex Dad, is dsting the Mother of the girl who had a affiar with my ex wifea ex husband.
Now, does thak work.

M
M
Not Ex Dad. Dang auto correct. My Former Fil.

B
B
what happened to the baby?

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
B
B
if they share a grandchild, then it begins to make more sense. If they lost a grandchild, same.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
M
M
what happened to the baby?
Miscarriage...

B
B
ugh. so the baby's gone ... her daughter's gone ... her husband's gone ... poor woman. she's had a lot of loss.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
M
M
ugh. so the baby's gone ... her daughter's gone ... her husband's gone ... poor woman. she's had a lot of loss.
I agree, it is sad. The circumstances, were bad too. Only 55 years old. Drugs etc were the cause of the Daughter.

But the part that is sort of not kosher, is she is seeing my former FIL after his wife died..
I am sure my Ex thinks it is kind of creepy.
Whatever, times are weird for sure.

B
B
How is that not kosher ?

Not kosher would have been seeing him while his wife was alive, right ?

Is he supposed to remain alone for the rest of his life ?

They have things in common.

I think you're over-thinking this.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9