Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
D
Originally Posted by Traveler
Originally Posted by Don
So now we’ve got to check our dates for hidden cameras
Alternatively, don’t say things in public places that you’d be ashamed if others found out.
THIS RIGHT HERE!!!! It’s called personal responsibility and a whole lot of people need to learn it. Don, that isn’t aimed at you because I get the feeling that you are pretty much who you are in every situation because you just seem like a pretty straightforward guy. I think we can all think of people we know personally, though, who just aren’t terribly genuine and have no idea what personal responsibility is all about. It’s sad really.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Traveler
Originally Posted by Don
So now we’ve got to check our dates for hidden cameras
Alternatively, don’t say things in public places that you’d be ashamed if others found out.

Mark the calendar Traveler - you and I completely and totally agree! They are just saying the truth, what they really believe - instead of the lies they are pushing on television or writing in their Pulitzer Prize winning articles. I don't feel sorry for them one bit. I just find it all very fascinating. It's sad that we are being lied to constantly and only a hot blonde on a Tinder date gets the truth from the person. Glad she brought a camera!

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
C
C
Originally Posted by DonH
I don't feel sorry for them one bit. I just find it all very fascinating. It's sad that we are being lied to constantly and only a hot blonde on a Tinder date gets the truth from the person. Glad she brought a camera!
I can't imagine how beautiful she must be. She gets these guys to sing like canaries.

H37, W37
D4, S2
ILYBNILWY 9/19
BD 9/19
EA discovered 10/19
Currently in limbo, no D or S process initiated
D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Okay, well in keeping with the title of this thread… just heard a reputable report (following talk about this persons comments regarding slapgate on Sunday) that there are all sorts of women throwing themselves at OJ Simpson - yes even OJ has weighed in on slapgate. Anyhow, The TMZ type report, though NOT fromTMZ) claims dozens of witnesses seeing OJ out in Vegas, Florida, etc. with young, middle age, and older women throwing themselves at OJ, apparently desperate to sleep with, date, hook up, etc. with him. It is a pretty common siting evidently. The reporter then commented on the upside down world we are living in. In a world where woman are desperate to hook up with OJ is it any wonder what the rest of us encounter trying in to date? And not just women, I’m sure it follows through to men as well.

Wow! Living in strange times indeed. Well he is tall.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
1 member likes this: Taz
C
C
The amount of criminals, including murderers that get love letters from strangers is maddening. How these ladies could be interested in one such as OJ makes no sense to us men but, it seems some women love to tow that dangerous line. This is why I'm hoping government stays balanced. Maybe a reason why criminals are let out of jail and borders are wide open. Chaotic tendencies not balanced with orderly.

H37, W37
D4, S2
ILYBNILWY 9/19
BD 9/19
EA discovered 10/19
Currently in limbo, no D or S process initiated
D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hmmmmmm could things be looking up and starting to void my thread title? Great local elections a few weeks ago. Heading on my first 100% vacation tomorrow (zero work attached) leading cruise contender girl (might have to come up with a name for her) SIL’s BFF perhaps? Anyhow she’s taking me to the airport where the mask mandate finally got struck down not even 24 hours before my flight. Maybe I should buy a lotto ticket? Three days/nights with my occasional FWB, 2 days/nights on my own followed by 1 day meeting an uncle and 2 cousins I didn’t know existed until a few years ago and then one more day in my own before flying MASKLESS back home. Let freedom ring.

Could the world be turning right side up again? Cautiously optimistic. But it’s a great start to hopefully a great week. And I’ll take it. Back in a week.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
G
G
Love it Don! You seem optimistic and happy. Sex does wonders! Hahaha! Have a good trip!

L
L
Originally Posted by DonH
Three days/nights with my occasional FWB
You dawg you. Better pack some extra love gloves lol.

D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Wow, this is kinda surreal - still making the hair stand up on the back of my neck. To the few remaining veterans, you'll likely remember who Wild Girl was. To the newer folks or those needing a mind prompt, we had first officially met like 5 years ago, dated for about 9 or 10 months or total, solid for 4 or 5 months, took her on a cruise (the first cruisegate) sorta continued then again for a few months after that and now have had zero contact with her in well over a year, though I still see her parents and aunt on a regular basis and always talk with them. I've known her aunt for over 30 years.

I swear I saw a push notification saying "missed Facetime call from Wild Girl" I looked and it changed to a different looking message and then disappeared. I was fully awake, it was I think Saturday or Sunday afternoon. I know I saw it, yet I cannot find a record of it. I just chalked it up to her BF hacking into her phone again - it's happened several times before, but again not in the last year or even 2. I'm playing with bands this coming weekend at the festival that we met at and then several years later hung out with her, her family, BFF and kids. We then went out the following week and continued through the summer and into Fall. Anyhow, I had this funny feeling she was going to turn up there again this weekend - something just told me. I've had feelings like this throughout my life - not with her, just in general. It doesn't happen often, I'm not physic or anything, just sometimes get these very strong premonitions and I very often can figure things out and am a very good read of people and situations. So I would not at all have been shocked to see her on Saturday.

That will not be happening as she was found deceased Monday night around 8 PM at home. No known cause of death although evidently she's been depressed, lost weight, lots of drinking, lots of sleeping, avoiding people, you know the drill. It's rumored her BF was starting the process to have her evicted - he owns the house and she moved in with him about 2 or 3 months after our final date.

It's certainly very sad. Her older brother died about 18 months ago of alcoholism. Her parents will now burry their second child. She's 46. Her girls are ending their junior and freshmen years of college. I'm sure I'll find out more. Of the women I've dated since my D, )dated seriously or at least more than casually), she's the second one to die unexpectedly. The first I dated in 2008 and was shocked about 5 years later, after thinking "I wonder what Chris is doing now" only to have her death notice appear in the Google search results. She was only 38 at the time - accidental overdose. This may be the same, or alcohol damage, or suicide - though I can't imagine her leaving her girls like that.

Wow. So sad. What else can I say, it's just sad.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
A
A
I'm so sorry to hear this Don. My condolences to you.

I like to say that a person is never truly gone as long as you hold them in your heart. I recognize that you two had certain incompatibilities but that your caring for her as a person was genuine.

((DonH))

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard