Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
M
This thread is bonkers.
Just wanted to say my parents (happily married for almost 40 years) are left vs right voters.
Very interesting dinners as a child.
With strong respect for each other I think the way they challenge eachothers views is one of the keys to their marriage being successful.

Me: 34
Stbxw: 30
D:5 D:3
Mini bd: May/June 2019
Married: Aug 2019
BD: 6th Dec 2019
OM Confirmed: Feb 2020
March 2020: I filed for D
Waiting for D to be finalized and W to move out end of January 2021
W
W
Mumin, you don't live in the US right? Because I can tell you our left vs right is a different world entirely.

M
M
I get that WF but my point was to illustrate an example, and while my parents definitely agreed on basic human rights they are actually quite far off in terms of typical political policy (school, medicine etc).

My mother has worked with childcare all her life and is a very caring person.
My father thought it was ok to hit/slap/"manhandle" a child.
Though both my parents could be very strict and controlling, I was never hit, slapped or grabbed.

Me: 34
Stbxw: 30
D:5 D:3
Mini bd: May/June 2019
Married: Aug 2019
BD: 6th Dec 2019
OM Confirmed: Feb 2020
March 2020: I filed for D
Waiting for D to be finalized and W to move out end of January 2021
D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by job
Do you want me to link up your old thread to this one? If so, please let me know...otherwise, I will leave it where it is at.

Did I somehow goof up and have two treads running at once???????? Or do you just mean include the link to my previous thread to this one and Vice versa? If so, you can certainly reference the two. If I’ve got two active treads running I apologize. Let me know where the other one is and I can let you know what to do. I post so little on my own threads but you can. Detain,y link one to the other so my few followers can find them.

Thanks!

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
M
M
Originally Posted by DonH
It was never about the science. It’s always about money and power.

I Just wanted to be on the record of what will be claimed by the president before he claims it - two years nearly to the day after we were told “just 2 weeks to flatten the curve” speaking of, where has Fauchi been? It’s almost like they put him in hiding. What a country.

I hope you remember who was President two years ago and that this was the same President that in his infinite wisdom and judgement appointed Fauci to the COVID task force smile

D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Ive wanted to post this for awhile but then life goes on and I either forget or just never bother. But then it happened again but I still didn’t talk about it - or did I? Hopefully not. If I did my apologies although it happened yet again yesterday and since I think it’s hilarious and does relate to another topic we have talked a lot about - OLD - I’m following through this time. Again, it’s mostly just hilarious (to me) but the underlying lesson is real. What a world we live in

Okay so here’s the deal, it’s not bad enough the OLD is filled with married people looking to cheat, ghosters, crazy and broken and yes there is still a portion that are high quality and legit - but addition to looking out for all of these land mines , guys also now have to worry they are being secretly recorded and set up. So far it’s just been guys but it’s happened a bunch of times now.

So guys troll Twitter, match with a hot chick, think they ate really getting sone place, go out 3 or 4 times only to find out she’s really an undercover reporter and their career is about to get flushed. I don’t want to get into the politics since you all pretty much know where I stand and I will concede sone of what they are saying might at least be embellished in hopes of getting in her pants but imagine their shock when a camera crew shows up and confronts them as their date goes to the bathroom. Makes getting ghosted look like a walk in the park. You never see the women but they sound cute - if that’s a thing. It’s m sure they are.

The first (that I became aware of) was a CNN director talking very unflattering about the network, how they do most things for ratings, how Covid is getting old and their new plan was going to be global warming. Next was an older FDA employee talking about what’s going on behind the scenes how the emergency authorizations should not happen like they are, what he thinks will happen next. The most recent just out is a Pulitzer Prize winning author from the New York Times talking about how he was there on January 6th and it was not at all as bad or scary as he reported, how stuff he wrote about Trump he knew was not true, how if people acted in the office like they do on Twitter they’d be fired on the spot while on Twitter they are cheered on.

Again, it’s not about the details of what was said it’s just yet even another reason to be cautious of OLD. If she seems too good to be true, she probably is. And all of them did no less than 3 dates, most 4 or 5, I’m guessing without getting anything because they’d certainly use that as a defense. Funny stuff. So now we’ve got to check our dates for hidden cameras. Oh yeah, I don’t do OLD. Lol.

Hopefully everyone takes this for the humor as intended - although the funniest humor is often based in truths. Talk about striking out online. Lol

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Just a quick update, I’m now hearing or learning there is actually a term for this - “Honeytrap” evidently it goes back to the spy days. Using Tinder to help set the honeytrap is just a modern day tactic. I guess others have done the same thing to catch cheating husbands. Fascinating! .

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
B
B
there was an episode of Hot in Cleveland where Joy was the Honeytrap ...

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
C
C
Keeping it short however Don, I agree with a ton of what you posted here. It really highlights how different women (more left leaning) and men (more right leaning) are becoming.

I was ok living most of my life in a kind of centrist environment. It was balanced and mostly peaceful except for the inner city. Its gone radical, overbearing, controlling, and unequal.

The more left society pushes the more the center and right will push back and violence will keep coming. People need to stop being so extreme. These laws like abortion up to the day or birth...how people can side with that is beyond me.

H37, W37
D4, S2
ILYBNILWY 9/19
BD 9/19
EA discovered 10/19
Currently in limbo, no D or S process initiated
T
T
Originally Posted by Don
So now we’ve got to check our dates for hidden cameras
Alternatively, don’t say things in public places that you’d be ashamed if others found out.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard