Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
LH19 #2927194 12/08/21 06:18 PM
G
G
Not concerned at all. A vaccine in the face of a pandemic that killed so many and left plenty of survivors with probably a life time of illness wasn’t a needless government mandate.

An unvaccinated bartender during a pandemic? Jesus. God knows what she will bring home

D
D
Originally Posted by Ginger1
One surgeon says there isn’t enough data? Jesus.

Oh I can name MANY healthcare providers that believe the jury is still way out on the vaccines. Many interestingly also believe natural immunity is far superior. These are not low level quacks either. One was chair of a state medical board (years back) another was the most amazing ER doc I’ve ever worked with, was a flight doc on and on. Interestingly though the great majority of these folks are outside of corporate medicine. Isn’t that interesting. These huge one size fits all corporations who won’t allow their doctors to actually practice medicine let alone speak their minds are making healthcare much worse. Its almost like indoctrination or a cult. Even my PMD when discussing the vaccine for me said “would you like the corporate stance I’m supposed to give you or my actual opinion? You’re not recording me are you? Lol”

And for the record, I’ll lay it out so I’m not misquoted, I believe everyone over 65 should strongly consider getting vaccinated. I’d nearly plead for you to do it. 40 to 65, it depends but probably a good idea. 20 to 40, it really depends. And under 20. Likely not worth the unknown or already seen risk. In the end however, it’s YOUR CHOICE.

There are just way more who are unsure or against but they have been brow beat or threatened with their jobs. Well what a way to win an argument or influence people - threaten them. There’s good medical practice - as a physician the corporation will tell you how to practice and what to say - after buying up all of these independent practices and pushing them into their conglomerate. Scary.

And with that I’m done hijacking your new thread. Maybe I’ll even comment n the actual topic.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
1 member likes this: Taz
LH19 #2927196 12/08/21 06:23 PM
L
LH19 Online OP
OP Online
L
Don you are like my new hero. I couldn't agree with you more.

M:51 W:46
T:22 M:16
S:15 D:11

�Happiness equals reality minus expectations�- Magliozzi
L
LH19 Online OP
OP Online
L
Originally Posted by Ginger1
An unvaccinated bartender during a pandemic? Jesus. God knows what she will bring home
Good point. I better stop at the drug store on the way home lol.

LH19 #2927198 12/08/21 07:02 PM
T
T
Originally Posted by LH19
What I don't want to do a CW and throw out the ILUs.. and then dump her.
Well, if you're not feeling ILU, don't say ILU. If you are consistently feeling ILU--it's hard to take back--I'd question whether you're doing anyone a favor being less than genuine about your feelings.

Originally Posted by LH19
What I don't want to do a CW and throw out the ILUs hang with the kids and then dump her.
I focus on my kids. At 4mo, I did not feel comfortable introducing Ms. Sunshine. I've never introduced a date to my kids before 12mo. That's not a hard limit, but that's been my comfort level so far in a decade of dating.

Does your GF even want you to meet her son? If yes, if I understand your dilemma you disagree with her approach of introducing guys 6mo in. If you feel strongly, tell her your timeline, or move on and let her introduce someone else? You don't control whether her son meets guys 6mo in. You control if you're a man he meets.

L
LH19 Online OP
OP Online
L
Originally Posted by CWarrior
Well, if you're not feeling ILU, don't say ILU.
I am not so I don't.
I'd question whether you're doing anyone a favor being less than genuine about your feelings.
I am very genuine with my feelings that is part of my problem.
Does your GF even want you to meet her son?
No.
You don't control whether her son meets guys 6mo in.
Well I hope she isn't introducing her son to another dude.
You control if you're a man he meets.
so true.

LH19 #2927203 12/08/21 08:07 PM
W
W
LH just out of curiosity what would you like to get out of this thread?

-Are you trying to figure out if you should stick this out or walk away?
-Are you trying to figure out if you should give in and let the walls down for more intimacy?
-Are you trying to figure out if she's a good fit?
-Are you trying to figure out if this relationship is a good fit?
-Are you trying to figure out a time line for how long you should give this a chance for before calling it quits?
-Are you trying to figure out what your needs and wants are to continue pursuing this or to forge a deeper connection?
-Are you trying to figure out what you need to know that it's time to call it quits?

To be honest you've given very little info on her, on where you're at mentally and emotionally with this, and on the relationship.

I'm actually staying out of the political portions of this, regardless of my plethora of opinions on everything stated here because if you really are trying to think this through via crowd sourced opinions we need to get back on topic and you're going to just need to give more.

L
LH19 Online OP
OP Online
L
Originally Posted by wayfarer
-Are you trying to figure out if you should stick this out or walk away?
Yes
-Are you trying to figure out if you should give in and let the walls down for more intimacy?
Yes
-Are you trying to figure out if she's a good fit?
Yes
-Are you trying to figure out if this relationship is a good fit?
Yes
-Are you trying to figure out a time line for how long you should give this a chance for before calling it quits?
Yes
-Are you trying to figure out what your needs and wants are to continue pursuing this or to forge a deeper connection?
Yes
-Are you trying to figure out what you need to know that it's time to call it quits?

Yes

To be honest you've given very little info on her, on where you're at mentally and emotionally with this, and on the relationship.

Where I am at right now. I like her and we have fun when together. She wants more from me. I can give her more when we are together. Then we don't see each other for awhile and I lose the closeness. She's not a great communicator so it's hard for me to tell where she's at sometimes. Now I know she has a lot on her plate so obliviously her mind is elsewhere. I actually called it quits a few weeks back but she contacted me and we are giving it one more go.

LH19 #2927219 12/09/21 12:09 AM
B
B
LH, it's hard to build momentum given the restrictions you guys have on your time together, which makes me feel like you're right where you're supposed to be at this point. Forget a pre-set or conceived timeline; you guys aren't seeing each other enough for that.

Re: CW trouwring out ILUs and you not there yet. Comparing apples to oranges. Different people, different relationships, and heck yeah, different histories going into said relationships. Comparing oneself to someone else always makes one feel like they are coming up short. Don't do it.

I think you're going to have to wait a while to see what happens. You like her. You have fun together. If she wants more she will make it a priority to meet your need to see each other with a tad more frequency.

What do I know? I haven't dated in decades.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D Final 12/23/16

"There's something awfully screwy going on around here!"

Walk along the side of the road with a bag & you're gonna end up with a lot of trash!
LH19 #2927220 12/09/21 01:14 AM
L
LH19 Online OP
OP Online
L
Thanks BF for chiming in. I really don’t have a preconceived timeline as I know it would be hard to judge based on our time spent together.

I also know not to judge CWs timeline or relationship because we are definitely different cats and come from different backgrounds.

It’s not that I need her to spend more time with me it’s for me to get to where she wants me to be that would have to happen.

I think I know what I need to do based on what I believe her expectations are moving forward. I think we are vastly different people in many areas. It’s just difficult because I care for her and we have lots of fun together.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Link Copied to Clipboard