Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
D
D
Good for you for figuring out what you want and need. You are an amazing catch and you shouldn't settle for less than.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
K
kml Offline
K
Amen!

C
C
Originally Posted by Ginger1
Kid- she’s a freshman in high school now! When did that happen?! She’s thriving in her new school,
Made new friends immediately and is outgoing and happy. She’s quite the social butterfly. She fits in very well at this school. They are all very good academically focused kids. It’s not a regular high school. These kids are like minded and focused and don’t get in trouble. And it’s a parents dream. She did get her first career C which was in French. But so did the rest of her class. So I went easy on her. Her sport is swimming, and because neither Hugh school has it. We pay and she loves it. She doesn’t compete but is on a team that trains for competition. The pool is at a local gym and we joined together and we work out together on the weekends. She’s still a wise ass teen ( no idea where she got that from) but is a good kid. I’m super proud of her.
Well if she ever decides to swim at a swim meet please let me know.
I want to come watch.
I can't believe that she is in high school, seems like we were just making gack.

But then again I can't believe my kids are parents so, I guess its about right.

Me-70, D37,S36
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Cadet, sadly her high school does not have a swim team, but I’m working to get her in some sort of team. I would love and she would love to have you and your little lady come cheer her on! She’s quite the swimmer ! I can’t believe she is in high school either . It all happens too fast, doesn’t it?

I had my surgery yesterday . Surgery went well, they are pretty confident they fixed the problem. Recovery didn’t go so well and I ended up there a lot longer. IV fentanyl or Toradol was NOT working on my pain and I can’t take anything by mouth long acting because my reactions. The pain was really damn bad. The anesthesiologist decided to do a nerve block. I had a nerve block before my first surgery under sedation. Well, they couldn’t do this kne under sedation and HOLY sh!t that sucked! But my pain went from a 10 to a 0. But then I kind of had A Vasovagal reaction after they sat me up, I became cold and sweaty and nauseas and my blood pressure dropped a lot and they had to put me in trendelenburg position ( head lower thank feet) and I felt better.

I’m home. My nerve block hasn’t worn off yet and I’m scared for when it does. I had friends bring me food and books, my dad and his wife are here and they leave tomorrow. Ex’s wife just texted me saying she hopes everything went well and if need anything to just ask. That was nice. I never told ex about the surgery, D did. Ex however hasn’t said boo.

New guy was very sweet and texted me the morning of and after asking how everything went. I remember when I had my surgery and M and I were serious he didn’t say anything the night before or the morning of because of how it affected him. Douche.

Ready for my 2 weeks off. Got books . Got food. Some fun events coming up.

Kind of sad the only way I get a break is with surgery, but I’ll take it !

L
L
Great news! Glad it all went well.

Sounds like your ex being your ex.

Enjoy your time off.

K
kml Offline
K
Hoping you stay comfortable, glad new guy seems normally considerate!

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Well, got the “you are a very nice person and it’s not you, I just don’t have the feelings I need to move this forward” text. In the same day I get another text from that other guy asking for another chance.

Yikes. Lots of stuff today. Anyways. I think I really need some time to myself. I guess there has always been someone in the picture on whatever level for the past few months, maybe just covering up feelings and stopping me from getting my head on straight in that area.

Honestly didn’t see this coming. He’s been texting and communicating and telling me how much he can’t wait for our date on Friday. But it what it is.

Oh well

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
So, the day before my surgery I cut off the connection I had with the guy I have been loosely seeing since august. I guess this is a time of just clearing everything out and starting all over

K
kml Offline
K
Ugh - sorry! But better to find out early. Who knows - maybe he was married and his wife found out. It’s one of the risks of online dating.

(((((Hug))))))

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks KML. I don’t think he’s married with a secret family. He did seem like he is a little midlife crisis-y. He spoke a lot about “at our age” we are 41 and 43 ! He seemed really insecure too.

But hey. I know what it is and what it constantly is. I’m nice. That’s it. There is no “it” factor about me. I’m just a nice person, I go to work, I raise my daughter, and that’s about it. I’m not quirky. I am funny, but I just don’t have the “it” factor . I’m ideal on paper, but That does ignite a spark. I’m fun enough to hook up with , not special enough to lock down .

I accept it. But it’s who I am. Maybe someone one day will feel the spark with perfectly boring me

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard