Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by SteveLW
Originally Posted by Mach40
Thanksgivng was good. Spent 99% of the time with my daughters and grand kids..
Very little time with my wife. But it was cordial, just a simple hey. No drama, no hopium..

So you could have done this on your own. This post is actually an argument against a joint Thanksgiving..............
Thnx for the positive post, seriously though.. Baby steps. My FIL asked me to go too.. We just lost his wife a few months ago, and it was important to be there for him too..

Sitting at a Table for One.
L
L
M,

I think you did the right thing if you were doing it for the right reasons with zero expectations. Only you know the answer to that.

Get through Christmas and you can revisit next year.

job Offline
Please start a new thread and link both threads together.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
S
S
Originally Posted by SteveLW
Thanksgivng was good. Spent 99% of the time with my daughters and grand kids..
Very little time with my wife. But it was cordial, just a simple hey. No drama, no hopium..

So you could have done this on your own. This post is actually an argument against a joint Thanksgiving..............
Thnx for the positive post, seriously though.. Baby steps. My FIL asked me to go too.. We just lost his wife a few months ago, and it was important to be there for him too..

M40, I hope you realize I am just giving you my perspective. My goal isn't for LBSs to be there for soon-to-be ex-inlaws. It is to try to help the LBS move forward as quickly and healthily as possible. You may have very good reasons for the decision you made. You know your situation why better than I do. I wasn't trying to be negative, I was trying to get you to see that you could have spent time with the kids and grandkids without doing the joint Thanksgiving. That's all.

M40, I hope you had a great time (sounds like you did). Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

New Thread:

Legally separated, in our homes....Part 3

Last edited by job; 11/30/21 08:44 PM. Reason: added link to new thread

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
1 member likes this: Mach40
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard