Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
B
B
great job on the outfit! good luck today!

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I’m done!!!!! Only took 30 minutes and I didn’t have to look at him. He walked by and I looked away. He went in the court room while I waited outside.

Idiot agreed to the very fair offer I gave him 2.5 years ago. Why? Why do these people do this??? Let’s spend thousands of dollars to end up right where we started. Oh right it’s more fun to punish me.

Alimony stays the same but I got a small raise (shhhhh) so I’m good. I’m going to push to get him to pay half the kids insurance. It’s not much but every little bit helps. The big win was I got 50% of his pension!!!! I get half the payout and half of the cost of living increase too!!

I don’t have to go back to court!!!! My attorney is working on the paperwork now. Yay!!!

I thought I’d be sad but after 2.5 years I’m just ready for him to go away.

1 member likes this: bttrfly
K
kml Offline
K
Same - by the time my divorce was done, I was just so happy it was over! Even though I never wanted the divorce, it felt great to be done and be free.

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by kml
Same - by the time my divorce was done, I was just so happy it was over! Even though I never wanted the divorce, it felt great to be done and be free.

I’m thrilled!! I didn’t want the divorce but living with this black cloud over my head was awful. And the guy that won’t buy D16 a toothbrush isn’t a good guy.

A funny I got to sit and talk to this hot guy at court. Married 24 years, 2 college aged sons and wife walked out 2.5 years ago. She also wouldn’t take the fair deal he offered so he was there for the same reason as me.

2 members like this: Traveler, bttrfly
B
B
thrilled for you!!

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
K
kml Offline
K
Did you get his number? wink

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by kml
Did you get his number? wink

I wish. I wouldn’t have been that bold and I wasn’t there long enough to entice him to ask for mine.

He was the mirror image of me. Apparently those who do the work after divorce become people that just get it. He puts his kids first, has faith, peace, appreciates the little things and he’s single meaning he didn’t run out and date.

As I drove away I fantasized about how it would be a great how did you meet story. Lol

T
T
Originally Posted by kas99
I wish. I wouldn’t have been that bold..
Next time. That would have made for a great "how did you meet story"! I was thinking about you and your killer $8 wardrobe when I booked a round-trip flight for $60. It's amazing how we make the things important to us work out almost no matter the available budget. Congratz! (:

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I have social anxiety so I’m kind of impressed with myself for striking up a conversation. I was just so nervous, dressed to kill and started chatting with him. It was so cheesy and fun. “So who wanted the divorce?” Lol

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by CWarrior
Originally Posted by kas99
I wish. I wouldn’t have been that bold..
Next time. That would have made for a great "how did you meet story"! I was thinking about you and your killer $8 wardrobe when I booked a round-trip flight for $60. It's amazing how we make the things important to us work out almost no matter the available budget. Congratz! (:

When he first left I fretted so much over being alone and now I'm so over it. I'm happy alone, I enjoy my own company and at this point in my life the guy would have to be pretty special before I'd let him into my life.

With money I've discovered that I don't need near as much as I thought I did and yes it's amazing how you can make things work out.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard