Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
G
G
Yea Andrew! Someone to share interests with! Flea markets, hikes, dinners, cooking. Not, financial support , nursing and whatever else.

You never gave yourself the chance to do any of this. You just moved broke women kr women with housing issues right on in without actually dating.

And the right person for you will be someone you can share interests with and eventually move in together one day in the future ( like KML said, 2 years) and she will contribute the household financially and physically.

L
L
And sexually lol.

D
D
I think there is some really fabulous, special lady out there somewhere just waiting for you to ride on on your white steed and swoop her up. My only comment outside of that would be to heed everyone's advice about not moving in too soon, but I think you already have that down pat.

You're a catch, Andrew, and some day you'll find just the right one to make you realize that you are worth far more than just a decent abode and financial stability.

Now, for the important matters...your weather is down here drunk showing out in my yard. Come get it and take it the h3ll home because I'm OVER "winter" already. wink

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Well ... Got the Facebook reminder that I was officially divorced 4 years ago today.

I looked back at what I posted around that time and found this treasure.
Originally Posted by bttrfly
a moment of silence to honor what has passed.
a moment of silence to honor what is now.
a moment of silence to honor what will be.
I didn't get the official notice via email until the 23rd and when I read back in my thread I see that my X-in-laws both died right around then as well. Would have been quite the tough time for my xW I am sure. I recall being told by my daughter how furious she was at her sister who listed OM as her partner on the obituary. Her siblings were very supportive of her affair I know perhaps because both of them cheated on their own spouses and stayed married.

It seems like so very long ago - much more than 4 years. Of course there were the 2 years before that where first I fought hard for my marriage and then let it go once I realized that she had made her choice to continue with OM vs trying again with me. I think she always had thought of me as a backup plan - good ole reliable AndrewP

---

It was interesting to read back as well that it was at this same time 4 years ago that "C" first reached out to me to go out. We'd met a year or so previously at her Dad's funeral and kept in touch. I think that it was a few months previously (4 years ago) that her own husband had gone a-wandering but she kept it quiet so I had assumed she was still part of a couple and dodged the suggestion.

I reached out to her a day or so ago to see how she and her kids are doing. Her daughter is off in Central America on her mission trip now and C and her son are back home safely. I'd been hearing news from where they had been that the Covid thing was very bad there but she said that they had no issues and had been very careful. It was tricky to phrase my check-in question in such a way to let her know that I both had a concern and also full confidence that she could deal with whatever came her way.

I think she's probably in a better place than she was when we did date about 2 years ago for a short while. Not sure though and even though we are planning on getting together to catch up when circumstances permit, I'm being very "just friends". She's a great person, but as the current phrase around here goes, I'm reluctant to touch the stove in case it's hot.

---

D's weather from Central Kanukistan has arrived here so sorry Dawn, our weather had to divert to AK. -26C this morning. I left the laundry room door open a bit to keep the pipes from freezing. There's no insulation in the walls of this old house - that's they way they built them in the late 19th century. I have lots of insulation in the attic though. My oil furnace does manage largely to keep up although in part that's because I keep the thermostat down.
Originally Posted by Fourier's law
The law of heat conduction, also known as Fourier's law, states that the rate of heat transfer through a material is proportional to the negative gradient in the temperature and to the area, at right angles to that gradient, through which the heat flows.

On the other hand I just was informed yesterday that I will indeed get an annual bonus this year and it's also pretty generous. Essentially 2 weeks pay showing up. For the first time I think, I have no outstanding bills to consider nor any adventures planned so I'm going to put it into my contingency fund category in my budget. One of my savings goals is to have 3 month's salary saved up there and I'm now up to about 1 1/2 months. I do badly need to replace the back porch on the house which has been an issue for 30+ years so maybe that will happen this year.

Someone mentioned to me that my xW must be frustrated to see me doing well financially (I'm sure she hears things), being able to go on trips (albeit cancelled) and live fairly comfortably, have a new car etc. All the things she used to enjoy when we were together. Not my issue - if she's true to habit, she should be cashing her monthly support payment today. She's very punctilious about doing that on the 15th as per our agreement even though the money is usually available a few days earlier. I was paying bills earlier this week and sent that along at that time.

Well. The tea pot is empty, I've reviewed last week's lab results and yesterday's production numbers. One of the tanks is a bit higher than it should be but that could be explained if the plant issues we had yesterday caused another temporary shut-down. When we start up the plant we run production into a secondary lower quality tank for a while. We have a couple of railcars to load before Monday night though that we can mix this in with to get rid of it. A couple of tonnes in a 90 tonne load makes no material difference. The pH of one of our product lines seems a bit high too so I'll need to check later on what's going on with that as well as if we did have a production issue - looks like maybe around 7:00pm yesterday.

Off to bundle up and get my groceries and flowers for the week then housework.

A bientot mes amis

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
D
DnJ Offline
D
Good Morning Andrew

Four years. Funny how it’s seems much longer for some things and far shorter for others. I had to actual think of when my divorce date was. Much like you I suspect we knew those dates front and center back then. Now, it’s somewhere in the background.

Originally Posted by AndrewP
D's weather from Central Kanukistan has arrived here so sorry Dawn, our weather had to divert to AK. -26C this morning.

No need to return that weather Andrew/Dawn. Feel free hang on to it. Lol.

It is suppose to be -1C here tomorrow. Ha, crazy weather.

My abode was constructed with similar era philosophies. I insulated the basement walls and altered the heat transfer constant for my three foot thick granite wall foundation. Thus further impeding the molecular transfer of energy from my cosy warm house to the freezing outside environment. Can’t stop the heat flow, but can alter its rate; additional medium and greater overall distance of energy transfer. Still, Mother Nature managed to freeze one of my pipes. Lol. Keep that laundry room door open.

Congratulations on the bonus. And on your financial situation. No outstanding bills. Yay!

Bundle up while out getting groceries. I’m off to clear the latest snow fall. You could take that too, if you like. I won’t mind. smile

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
D
D
Hard pass on the cold weather. It is 36 here right now and we’re under a winter weather advisory, expecting precipitation tonight. Fortunately the high tomorrow is 50 so nothing lingering, but we Southern folks do NOT do well with this kind of thing. I can handle tornadoes, snakes, mosquitoes, 2000% humidity, but just no with this winter crap.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
B
B
Originally Posted by Dawn70
I can handle tornadoes, snakes, mosquitoes, 2000% humidity, but just no with this winter crap.
no to tornadoes, snakes (venomous variety I am trying to get along with the garter snakes who live here), allergic to mosquito bites, cannot stand humidity (bad hair days are no fun) ... I'll take winter, thank you!

And Autumn!

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
G
G
It’s 10
Degrees here. Goddamn freezing

K
kml Offline
K
Well I actually had to wear a sweater to the grocery store just now because it was 66 degrees - does that count? smile

B
B
it's 6 here. I went over to Mom's to check things. Didn't feel like 6, felt really comfy - like it was maybe 30. No wind! smile Stars were beautiful. Moon will be full Monday night!

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard