Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2926127 11/04/21 12:35 PM
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Still a work in progress but I think after this thread that there'll be a shift towards growth and expansion rather than recovery.

Old Thread
Rebuilding and renewal - 7
https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2923750#Post2923750

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
K
kml Offline
K
Yes - growth and expansion! I like that! (Unless it's due to too much Halloween candy lol) (Says the woman who brought a baggie of candy corn to work today lol)

B
B
mmmm candy corn

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
K
kml Offline
K
It was half off!

1 member likes this: bttrfly
D
D
I'm not terribly fond of candy corn by itself, but candy corn and salted peanuts together tastes very much like a Payday candy bar and those are yummy. wink

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
1 member likes this: bttrfly
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Some sad news today. My son asked if he could call me today - "of course". He pretty much never wants to talk on the phone unless it's urgent or complicated. One of "the girls" is ill and probably won't last long. She has fluid buildup in her lungs which could have a number of causes. The vet said either a heart condition or cancer.

This is going to be tough on him - these cats mean a lot to him - and to me. Surprisingly it was the dominant, healthier cat that is ill. He knows, even though I also told him, that he's been a good cat Dad and even though the girls are reasonably young, they are at least late-middle-aged for a cat and with a lineage of feral cats, it's really a coin-toss on how long they would last. I believe they are 11 or 12.

We're having brunch on Sunday as usual but in his town so I can have a visit which I am grateful for him making a point of thinking of.

He's going to make sure that she is comfortable and will support her for as long as she has a decent quality of life. I expect it won't be long before he has to let her go though. He has a kind heart and has been through this before as a bystander while his mother and I made similar decisions.

I expect he'll lay her to rest in the back yard which is of course fine.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
B
B
I'm so sorry Andrew {{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
T
T
I'm sorry today brought sad news, Andrew. It sounds like you two have given her a good life.

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
A couple of odd occurrences today.

As I was driving "in to town" today who pops over the hill heading into the village but my XW. I think that's the first time I've encountered her in the wild in a couple of years. I had stumbled on a picture of us together and seeing her in her car reminded me of how short she is. I'm not really tall at just under 6' but she's 4'11" so seeing her head peeping over the steering wheel was kind of amusing.

I also bumped in to an old acquaintance / former book-keeping client of her's today who has a a variety of enterprises including short-term rentals. Something there's a surprisingly strong market for. We caught up a bit - she's doing pretty well and had some pretty strong things to say about my XW's inability to keep a set of books. They did not part on good terms at all. She's doing some amazing things with her building and showed me around, making - so it seemed - a point of showing me one of the furnished bedrooms in a unit she'll be renting soon. I felt a bit awkward.

She encouraged me to get out and date again and to start doing volunteer work as a way to meet community spirited people. Certainly a good idea to get back into volunteering again now that I have some more time. I used to do quite a bit of volunteer work back in the day and sat on a couple of boards as well.

As a funny - the flower shop has added peppermint to their hand sanitizer at the door - makes things more festive. It turns out that it drives the cat crazy and he licks and chews on my hand quite a bit so I have to remember to wash it off. I did a quick search and it's probably not good for him.

In other news, my flights have been booked for visiting my daughter. I reached out to a friend of mine who travels quite a bit - he lives here but his office is in NYC and he had some good suggestions. I do have a layover instead of a direct flight - fingers crossed that my luggage will follow me. I decided to upgrade a bit to a "comfort" seat even though it cost a fair bit. For that long of a flight a bit of extra leg room will be welcome.

Ah well - first weekend of the month so house cleaning is the order of the day. I picked up a pork cottage roll for tomorrow's supper - might do scalloped potatoes too.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
K
kml Offline
K
Hand sanitizer definitely bad for pets. I also just found out today that Rogaine (minoxidil) is apparently quite toxic too and even just residue on a pillowcase can be a problem for pets.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard