Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 188
M
Mach40 Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
M
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 188
I failed to read the 100 post rule, so here is my thread continued.
Italy will be a great place to start mingling with people again, getting out and enjoying myself.
https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2924347#Post2924347


Never Forget your past so you dont repeat, and regret it... The grass isnt greener on the other side, its just a different shade, and time will show it..
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 9,062
Likes: 12
S
Member
Offline
Member
S
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 9,062
Likes: 12
[quote=BL42Have you had a relationship talk recently? I know those tend to be frown on around here but it seems like your situation is a bit different from many of the newcomer threads with a clear affair and running off with another person. You've had time apart, you've spent Holidays together for awhile (I'm assuming amicably), neither of you are rushing the D, if what you heard is right she's frustrated with the dating world and has given you hint of wanting to reconcile. I wonder if broaching the subject to see where she stands wouldn't be warranted in this case. I'm no expert though, who knows...others may disagree.[/quote]

I do disagree. As I said her actions are pretty clear, words won't change that. Rarely does broaching an R talk result in the clarity that a LBS seeks. It will likely result in more confusion.

Remember: When she wants to reconcile, you will know. When she doesn't, you will be confused.

Mach, do you know or are you confused? The answer to that gives you the answer you seek.


M(52), W(53),D(17)
M-20, T-23 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,103
Likes: 19
L
Member
Online
Member
L
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,103
Likes: 19
Originally Posted by SteveLW
I do disagree. As I said her actions are pretty clear, words won't change that. Rarely does broaching an R talk result in the clarity that a LBS seeks. It will likely result in more confusion.
I disagree. A simple question "are you in or are you out" gives you the answer you seek. Direct and to the point so there is no confusion.

Last edited by LH19; 10/12/21 03:22 PM.

M:51 W:46
T:22 M:16
S:15 D:11

“Don't chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people - the ones who really belong in your life - will come to you and stay.”- Will Smith
1 member likes this: Mach40
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 188
M
Mach40 Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
M
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 188
Originally Posted by SteveLW
[quote=BL42Have you had a relationship talk recently? I know those tend to be frown on around here but it seems like your situation is a bit different from many of the newcomer threads with a clear affair and running off with another person. You've had time apart, you've spent Holidays together for awhile (I'm assuming amicably), neither of you are rushing the D, if what you heard is right she's frustrated with the dating world and has given you hint of wanting to reconcile. I wonder if broaching the subject to see where she stands wouldn't be warranted in this case. I'm no expert though, who knows...others may disagree.

I do disagree. As I said her actions are pretty clear, words won't change that. Rarely does broaching an R talk result in the clarity that a LBS seeks. It will likely result in more confusion.

Remember: When she wants to reconcile, you will know. When she doesn't, you will be confused.

Mach, do you know or are you confused? The answer to that gives you the answer you seek.[/quote]
When I have broached the topic in the past, a while ago. She says, she has thought about it, but is terrified I will go back to what I was before.. Cant convince her any different, its all on her to decide..
But that was a while ago.
I havent broached the topic of R , and dont really want to.


Never Forget your past so you dont repeat, and regret it... The grass isnt greener on the other side, its just a different shade, and time will show it..
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,103
Likes: 19
L
Member
Online
Member
L
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,103
Likes: 19
Then I would say it is time to file my friend.


M:51 W:46
T:22 M:16
S:15 D:11

“Don't chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people - the ones who really belong in your life - will come to you and stay.”- Will Smith
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 188
M
Mach40 Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
M
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 188
Something weird happened on my reply.
Here was my reply in post #2924806 at 402pm
When I have broached the topic in the past, a while ago. She says, she has thought about it, but is terrified I will go back to what I was before.. Cant convince her any different, its all on her to decide..
But that was a while ago.
I havent broached the topic of R , and dont really want to .


Never Forget your past so you dont repeat, and regret it... The grass isnt greener on the other side, its just a different shade, and time will show it..
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 9,062
Likes: 12
S
Member
Offline
Member
S
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 9,062
Likes: 12
Mach, WASs words are meaningless. It amazes me when LBSs put stock into words of people that were willing to break the most sacred oath two people can make to one another.

So you are wise to gauge things based on her deeds. Her words are meaningless.

Last edited by SteveLW; 10/13/21 02:16 PM.

M(52), W(53),D(17)
M-20, T-23 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 501
Likes: 10
B
Member
Online
Member
B
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 501
Likes: 10
Mach40,

How's it going? Are you eating pasta and drinking wine in Italy?


Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 188
M
Mach40 Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
M
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 188
Originally Posted by BL42
Mach40,

How's it going? Are you eating pasta and drinking wine in Italy?
Wine, Beer, and no carbonated water, lol. I dont know how they drink this bubbly water. nasty.
Our hotel has a restaurant that delivers.. Very good food.
Going to Rome this weekend, Vatican next weekend for the guided tour.. We hope.. Covid makes everything a little restrictive on tickets etc.. We shall see.
I have already had two solid conversation with women here. Good times. Just flirting a little..


Never Forget your past so you dont repeat, and regret it... The grass isnt greener on the other side, its just a different shade, and time will show it..
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 501
Likes: 10
B
Member
Online
Member
B
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 501
Likes: 10
Mach40,
Originally Posted by Mach40
I have already had two solid conversation with women here. Good times. Just flirting a little..
Excellent. Good to flex your flirting muscles!

Originally Posted by Mach40
Going to Rome this weekend, Vatican next weekend for the guided tour.. We hope.. Covid makes everything a little restrictive on tickets etc.. We shall see.
Enjoy the rest of your trip! That is some great GAL. Hope you get to see the sites.

I highly recommend the "Scavi Tour" if possible. It's a private guided tour of the excavation underneath St Peter's Basilica which ends up in the church - very informative and full of history - but usually needs to be booked months in advance so may not be an option at this point.


Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Link Copied to Clipboard