Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
K
kml Offline
K
(PS didn’t mean to offend anybody by saying the woman in my story was overweight and arthritic - overweight arthritic people find love too! Just wanted to emphasize that there was nothing about her that made her so attractive that a “successful international businessman” would propose marriage to her without ever having met in person. We are hoping someone in her immediate family happens to listen to that podcast this week. )

D
D
Originally Posted by kml
(PS didn’t mean to offend anybody by saying the woman in my story was overweight and arthritic - overweight arthritic people find love too! Just wanted to emphasize that there was nothing about her that made her so attractive that a “successful international businessman” would propose marriage to her without ever having met in person. We are hoping someone in her immediate family happens to listen to that podcast this week. )

Fat girls need and deserve love too! I'm a fat girl and I wasn't offended by what you said. It is a societal norm, sadly, that fat people are automatically deemed stupid or unattractive (or both), but I really didn't read what you said that way at all. I just took it to mean that she was not likely someone that some random high-powered hottie was going to be turned onto in a random stranger online meeting.

Besides, I have a super hot husband who loves me just how I am so I know that less attractive people can totally find people who are attracted to them. wink And, I think Sparky is a lucky dude. LOL (If you don't believe me, just ask me and I'll tell you and then he'll say "yes dear". LOLOLOLOL)

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
K
kml Offline
K
Sparky IS a lucky man!!!!!

Btw the title of that Hidden Brain episode is “When You Need It To Be True”. There’s an interesting twist at the end, too.

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by Hubert J Farnsworth
Good News Everyone
I got fired today.

Well - not really. The one massively onerous part of my job, managing the physical loading of trucks and arranging them in and out has been taken off my plate. I'm not very good at it and everyone knows that including me. I get by and have built some good relationships but it is a massive time-sink for me. For example, last night I was woken up at 10:30 because a driver wanted to load but was unable to - so I had to deal with that. This morning on the drive in one trailer pulled in 2 hours early - had to pull over to the side of the road and deal with that. No more (mostly - lots of grey areas and limited staff).

I was joking with the Operations manager that this might open up time for me to date - he had a big laugh at that and reminded me that the last time that I dated that it wasn't a good idea.

It was a good conversation with my boss and puts in place a structure that he knew had to be in place for the new year. As he said, he doesn't set people up to fail but rather to succeed (not always successful at that).

I still have everything else on my plate plus a few others have been added but the constant interruptions, especially in the afternoons should now be minimal. I feel good about my prospects at the plant for the first time in a while. And I'll get a big chunk of my life back.

I did have to log in tonight to check a couple of loads and the lab work done today plus look at expected production rates for tomorrow but then I can power down . 1/2 hour of work vs the 2+ hours in the evenings that I've been doing since March.

Part of what I did is going to my boss - who micromanaged and second-guessed me to the point where he was doing that anyway. Part is going out to the plant to the ops manager and one of the lead hands.

Well - time to do a bit of math then celebrate with a leftover piece of pumpkin pie.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
K
kml Offline
K
Yay!!!!!!!!! That's fantastic news!

This is going to make your life much better going forward. Congrats!

B
B
and .... exhale! whew! frrrrrreeeeeeeeddddddoooooooommmmmmmm!!!!!!!

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
D
D
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you can finally have your life back. So excited for you and the fact that you can now step back, take a breath, and NOT be run ragged. Good for you.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
It was weird last night to not have to open up the computer when I got home. Still ended up responding to 3 or 4 emails but then sat with the cat and watched a bit of TV. I'm really looking forward to having my evenings back for the first time in a long time - probably about a year and a half. Prior to me doing all these extra hours, I had S and her crew to take care of.

My XW appears to have been up early to cash her payment. #48 of 77 - counting down to that bit of freedom. Having essentially a 25% raise when this is done will make quite the difference.

We had a company dinner to celebrate a corporate milestone - Tissot watches were handed out. It feels weird to wear one after all these years of not, but I'm finding it natural to look at my wrist again to see the time. Interesting dynamics during the dinner that it's not worth going into here about - and nothing really surprising. I know all of the outside senior management that attended of course. When my boss introduced the plant people - who I was sitting with - he got to me and instead of saying like he did for the others "operator / assistant / maintenance" - it was just "Everyone already knows Andrew" and I quipped "and still nobody really knows what it is that he does".

Since the responsibility for detail planning of loading and managing the flow of loads has been taken off I will admit to a bit of Schadenfreude on some of the things that have gone sideways that I would have gotten a stern talking about - but now it's my boss doing them. One thing that was a challenge was that I had a mandate to have a plan in place and communicated to the plant by 2:00 pm. Which I was doing - but my boss would send an email out at 7:00 changing all the priorities around (called being flexible and adapting to changing priorities) and then I would be on the hook for things going wrong. Oh - we generally start loading at 6:00. He's pretty sensitive to any sort of criticism and doesn't own it like I would - usually looking for a scapegoat. Glad it's not me any more.

Looking at the racks right now we appear to be as I would say "antlers to a$$holes" down there which is never good. Our plant shutdown is next week so everything needs to be cleared out as we have some cranes coming into the loading area for at least a couple of days.

---

My vacation is finally booked. I'm taking 2 weeks off at the end of November / start of December and have my fingers crossed that I'll be able to go and visit the kids. I reached out to a neighbour last night and one of his boys will be happy to feed the cat and check on the house so that's one thing off the list. Ideally, I'll take the train from here to the West Coast, drive down across the border and then fly back. I need to talk to my travel agent. And all of this is dependent on my vaccine does being acceptable to cross the border which is still up in the air although I was happy to hear that things have opened up again for the land crossings.

Annoyed this morning. My microwave died making my morning porridge which it turned into a puck. The thermal fuse went on it I think. I'm going to pop out and get a new one along with the UPS that DnJ suggested. I also have some forms to fax to the government for next year's taxes so need to time-travel to the 1980s to do that.

Almost the weekend! And I don't have to do nearly as much work as I would normally do. The last few weekends have been stupid busy with not just work but also it seems a lot of running around. I do need to get some more Halloween candy - so a bit of driving around for that.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
D
DnJ Offline
D
Good Morning Andrew

Well as good as it can be without hot porridge. smile

A new microwave and UPS. Santa’s coming early!!!

I’m glad you’ve got some time off and vacation plans. Yes, fingers crossed the border remains open.

A few years ago I dug out my watch and starting wearing it. It is a watch which W bought me. Over the years I only wore it on fancy occasions. First because it is rather expensive and second the whole metallic objects and electricity thing. An accidental contact would turn that gold watch instantaneously into a red hot shackle. Similarly for rings. And of course entanglement issues are another concern.

However, being as my role here expanded with the amalgamation of three work centres into one, I’m not directly working hands on as much as I once did. Actually it’s quite rare now. So, I sport my nice watch and utilize it daily. Not point keeping the fine stuff locked away for the one or two occasions that come up. smile

Anyhow, wear your watch. Get a nice new microwave. And eat tomorrow’s hot porridge and out of the good China. Lol. Maybe not that far. If it can’t go in the dishwasher it can stay in the cupboard. Ha.

Have a great day!

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
B
B
Originally Posted by AndrewP
#48 of 77 - counting down to that bit of freedom. Having essentially a 25% raise when this is done will make quite the difference.
Love the countdown! More than halfway there!

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard