Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by LH19
Mach,

I would pick a date in your head when you think enough time has passed with no movement. Keep that date to yourself. At said date you can just file or if you want have one more conversation with her that this isn't working for you and you are ready to D if she is not interested in working with you on marriage 2.0 in a calm and not threatening way. If she wants to work on 2.0 great! If not you feel good about trying everything you could to keep your family together and you file.

As for not knowing you were being passive aggressive, me neither. I did it in my marriage because I watched my father do it to my mother all the time and it worked. Something for you to work on moving forward. Anytime you are making threats, trying to change someone's opinion or acting a certain way to get what you want is being passive aggressive.
Great advice. I think she will be kinda shocked. But, When I am ready, it will be done.
I dont think I will initiate a R or marriage 2.0, because I will digress. I want to ensure I dont do passive aggressive on her..
I will have a plan, date to do it, plan to tell girls and what they need to expect. of course, I will honor my divorce agreement and start a simple allotment for her health care..
Then, go forward..dont turn back.

Sitting at a Table for One.
L
L
Originally Posted by Mach40
Mach,

I would pick a date in your head when you think enough time has passed with no movement. Keep that date to yourself. At said date you can just file or if you want have one more conversation with her that this isn't working for you and you are ready to D if she is not interested in working with you on marriage 2.0 in a calm and not threatening way. If she wants to work on 2.0 great! If not you feel good about trying everything you could to keep your family together and you file.

As for not knowing you were being passive aggressive, me neither. I did it in my marriage because I watched my father do it to my mother all the time and it worked. Something for you to work on moving forward. Anytime you are making threats, trying to change someone's opinion or acting a certain way to get what you want is being passive aggressive.
Great advice. I think she will be kinda shocked. But, When I am ready, it will be done.
I dont think I will initiate a R or marriage 2.0, because I will digress. I want to ensure I dont do passive aggressive on her..
I will have a plan, date to do it, plan to tell girls and what they need to expect. of course, I will honor my divorce agreement and start a simple allotment for her health care..
Sounds like a plan. I can guarantee you that D is no where as bad as you think.

M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Mach,

Sounds like a plan. I can guarantee you that D is no where as bad as you think.
When it comes to it, I think for me it will be a new adventure. For her, well....
The girls will just be the girls, needy as always, in a good way.. Grand kids are just grands....
Now to formulate thoughts, a plan to go forward with many things I learned in this thread..
And to fight the passive aggressiveness

L
L
Not going to lie it is tough at first because you are trying to influence her decision. Once you get to a good place and are happy and healthy alone it becomes easy because you can take or leave anything, anybody or any situation. Then you can just be direct and to the point and walk away from any situation that doesn't work for you.

M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Not going to lie it is tough at first because you are trying to influence her decision. Once you get to a good place and are happy and healthy alone it becomes easy because you can take or leave anything, anybody or any situation. Then you can just be direct and to the point and walk away from any situation that doesn't work for you.
If I am aware of it, like tying a bow around finger, I can fight it. But I need to find the root cause, and why I do it..
Is not being passive aggressive like being a honey badger?

L
L
But I need to find the root cause, and why I do it..
Again because you are trying to get what you want and to get what you want you are trying to persuade her with threats and such. See below:

Since you and I split, and filed, its been rough for me. Sometimes I just want to shut everything down and cut off all ties.
If we don't get back together I am going to cut all ties with you
But another side says hold on, there may be a chance, same as when you finally were able to go forward with me after Randy.
Don't you see if we did it before we can do it again
But dating is going to prolong healing, in my opinion for the both of us.
I don't want you to date other people
If you have no feelings, then you have no feelings. Very unfortunate.
You should have feelings for me!
I have always wanted to be the one to raise your smile forever. In reality, only you can.
It's your fault I can't put a smile on your face
I guess if you need to date others, i will too.
If you are going to sleep with someone else so am I

M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
^ Thnx for that. It helps allot.. Damn...

L
L
Mach my man don't beat yourself up too bad. Again most people aren't aware they are doing it.

M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Mach my man don't beat yourself up too bad. Again most people aren't aware they are doing it.
Apparently I have been doing it for a very long time, and if I had known it was an issue with our marriage, I could have corrected that too.

L
L
Apparently I have been doing it for a very long time, and if I had known it was an issue with our marriage, I could have corrected that too.
Learn from it and move forward. My friends parents reconciled after 35 years apart. You never know what the future holds.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard