Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
M
M
So I haven't seen this Netflix show - seen preview of it, but haven't watched any episodes. I'll check it out so I can also participate in the gossip drama here smile

No one is coming to save you!

M
M
Anybody check out the show 'Scenes from a Marriage' that's on HBO right now? It's a remake of a 1973 Swedish series. Two episodes have dropped so far.

It's unreal how close it is to so much of what many of us here have been through. The reality is uncanny. Fair warning, the show is gonna be highly triggering for the LBS here. Just watched the second episode and I felt I could predict every single conversation that happened and how every scene basically unfolded. I won't give away anything here but it's like I was reliving almost what happened to me. Check it out at your own peril basically.

B
B
Haven't seen "Scenes from a Marriage" but maybe I'll check it out now that sufficient time has passed since BD.

What did you think of "Sex/Lives"?

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
M
M
I haven't started Sex/Lives yet. It's been busy but I'll check it out sometime before the end of the year.
Scenes from a Marriage is not for the faint of heart. Proceed with caution.

O
O
I'm finding it much more real than Sex/Life. Episode 2 was very raw and real, just the little things, boy was that an intense episode. Worth a watch but definitely could be triggering.

Spolier Alert....

The part where she refers to OM by his nickname, wow that hit home. I remember the first time my STBXW referred to OM by his first name and his nickname, such a weird feeling, like who is this person you seem to know so well and seem so close to, weird.

Last edited by OnlyBent; 09/24/21 09:51 AM.

Me: 40 W:41
T: 14 M: 11
S: 5

BD & OM Jun 2020
W moves out Aug 2020

"What happened happened, and couldn't have happened any other way...because it didn't"
M
M
It is definitely very real. Episode 2 is just so outrageously real. Even in Ep 1 you could see the build up and the cracks in the relationship.

Spoiler alert...

The BD in Ep 2 send chills down my spine. I had it happen in almost the same setting. I'm glad I am much far removed from it where it wasn't triggering in a spiraling way, but oh boy, i saw that coming.

O
O
Spoiler Alert...

If anyone has watched episode 3 yet, what do we think about when he says how much pain he was in every day for a year and she says so was she, despite seemingly having moved in with OM...that she thought about him every day? Do we buy it? My STBX Brother-in-law tried to tell me that STBXW wasn't handling things well and I just couldn't believe it.

BD & OM Jun 2020
W moves out Aug 2020

"What happened happened, and couldn't have happened any other way...because it didn't"
M
M
I just watched it OB and I had the exact same thought when that scene happened.

Spoiler alert.............

It's so hard to buy that she was thinking about him every day and was in pain and that he's important to her when she just dropped him like a ton of bricks into the depths of an ocean. Like the BD was planned and she already had an OM.

I find it really hard to believe that the WAS is thinking about the LBS with such frequency. Like if you wanted it so badly why the hell did you pull what you pulled. I'm sure they're in pain, but I think from the LBS perspective it's hard to believe. We need some WAS to come up in here and tell us.

I also didn't buy it when she said that he was important to her. Some of the stuff he (LBS) did made me cringe - like reading her his notes. But then I remembered that I also did stuff that makes me cringe now.

O
O
Spoiler Alert....

The way I saw it is she came to his house with an agenda, that's why she said all those things. She knew OM was done with her and she had come crawling back. I'm with you M, I cringed at the stuff he was doing, it was so unattractive, but I too did similar things. The phone call dumping his girlfriend was clearly too unattractive for her in the end though, her interest obviously dropped down again when she realised he really hadn't changed all that much.

BD & OM Jun 2020
W moves out Aug 2020

M
M
Spoiler Alert....

Completely agree with your assessment. She came with an agenda and tried to gently push it. and then spent the whole time trying to make him feel good and paid attention to him, and then when she was leaving she reminded him of what she wanted him to think about. I suspect the next time the issue will be pressed further or something else happens. She totally manipulated him.

Yeah she was intrigued and kinda attracted to the 'new' him and that he had a GF. Him dumping the GF was definitely super unattractive and you could just see it in her face and body language. All that desire to sleep with him probably went out the window.

I also realized that this episode is a year after BD, so all the cringey stuff he did indicates he's not done as much work as he needed to. I definitely wasn't doing cringey stuff a year out from BD - thanks to this community - and I had my head on straight. But, he's still struggling and therapy is helping, but he's still the same from episode 1 really.

It was amazing how she tried to justify uprooting him and the daughter just so she could go and live a WAS life in London - so conniving and selfish. She's still got the same mindset from BD and now that the OM is almost done with her, she wants to have the pining LBS around.

It was also incredible seeing how she responded to him asking for a divorce - like she wasn't expecting it and that it wouldn't eventually come if she continued on the path.

Anyways, I'm really enjoying it and how real it is. Anybody from this board who can stomach it, should watch it.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Link Copied to Clipboard