Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Link to my last thread: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2919653&page=1

CMM is struggling a bit, his oxygen levels are a bit difficult to keep up when he exerts himself and he still requires oxygen 24/7. So far we don’t see any improvement from this new chemo - he wakes several times a night to cough and the lack of quality sleep is making him grumpy.

We’ve had a lazy weekend, grilled burgers today with my son for a Labor Day lunch, watching Tom Hanks in News of the World. I’ve only gotten half of the housecleaning done that I had planned, but floors are mopped and laundry done and dusting done and bills paid and filed. Tomorrow will be a busy day at work, not only because of the long holiday but my partner is not going to be in tomorrow because of Rosh Hashanna. But it will also be a short week.

I had a nice walk this morning with Survival Goddess and her doggo, for those of you that remember her. She has moved to my neck of the woods and we try to make it a weekly thing.

I hope everyone had a nice break today - well, those in the US. Stay safe out there. Heard from another friend of mine who recently moved back into town - she and her husband had Covid in July. They weren’t vaccinated, I have no idea why not - they’re definitely not right wing, and not anti-vaccines so far as I know. So glad I didn’t have them over when they were incubating it. They seem to be ok now but with both in their sixties, anything could have happened - or still might.

I’m growing out my white hair, it’s been just five weeks but it’s showing quite a lot. I’m hoping for Emmy Lou Harris and not old hag! Since the only things I’ve ever done to my long straight hair is dye it the same color it originally was, and have some long layers cut into it, this will be a radical change. This seems as good a time as any. CMM, bless his heart, wouldn’t care if I shaved my head, he’d still think I was sexy.

T
T
Sorry CMM's still on oxygen 24/7 and struggling to maintain levels while exerting himself. Even dating an Emmylou Harris lookalike (she was born in 1947?!), and having many more good times than he expected, a transition like that coupled with low sleep would leave anyone grumpy.

B
B
how's CMM today K?

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Pretty much the same. His appetite is ok since we lowered the chemo drug and he's not throwing everything up, which is good. But when he's downstairs on the oxygen tank (as opposed to upstairs on the machine) he's having to crank it up and is going through the tanks fairly quickly. However, when he's resting and on the machine he can still get up to 93% oxygen saturation, which would be bad for a healthy person but is good for him.

I haven't approached him on this yet, but I have a list of things I want to ask him to do that will be helpful if/when he dies. Paperwork he needs to put in order, passwords he needs to write down for me, and although he'll probably resist, I'd still like him to put together some family history and stuff that I could give to his estranged daughters in the event that they respond to the news of his demise. This is a conversation I'll need to try to have with him this weekend.

B
B
{{{{{{kml}}}}}}
sounds stressful, but it's a necessary conversation. xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
T
T
{{{kml}}} - Those sound like horrible conversations to have to have. Props for being able to think clearly about the need for those despite all you two are going through.

D
D
(((kml)))

Sending positive thoughts your way as you have a very difficult, but necessary discussion with CMM. Praying it goes well.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Off topic - just started a new sci-fi series on Hulu called Y:The Last Man. Basic premise is that a worldwide catastrophe suddenly results in all mammals with a Y chromosome dying. Except one guy and his capuchin monkey. (Kind of like A Day Without a Mexican but it's a day without men! )

Jets drop from the sky (because, of course, most pilots are still men). It's written and directed and produced by women, based on a graphic novel, my son tells me. Diane Lane is in the cast. The first episode was good. I'm looking forward to seeing how events unfold.

I love the premise. I'll check it out. I'm a sucker for a good catastrophe.

Have been thinking about you and all you're going through right now. Glad you have a small distraction.

I started reading the Dark Tower series again. My friend was in a terrible accident and can't walk for another 8 months (at least). I brought him the first book of the series and am excited to re-read it along with him. Wonder what it is about reading/watching disasters that cheer me up? lol

Hope you are doing well. xoxo

ME47 XH44, S28 S24 S19

8/17-BD
IHS: 1/17-2/19
D FILED (ME): 7/19
D FINAL: 10/20
M23 T25
OW CONFIRMED: 01/21

Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
Gah. "hope you are doing well" - I hope you are finding moments of peace and goodness in the middle of all you are going through. You are a strong person, and it's inspiring. (is what I meant by that tripe I actually wrote) ((((kml)))

ME47 XH44, S28 S24 S19

8/17-BD
IHS: 1/17-2/19
D FILED (ME): 7/19
D FINAL: 10/20
M23 T25
OW CONFIRMED: 01/21

Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard