Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Cadet #2921987 07/30/21 01:42 AM
B
B
The stability and performance of the forum has been awful since the update - offline for a full day earlier this week, and intermittently will load very slowly or sometimes not at all. Any the IT folks aware and looking into the issues?

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
Cadet #2921991 07/30/21 09:18 AM
T
T
Yeah, I was going to reply to a thread tonight and gave up. I couldn�t load the thread like 5x in a row.

Cadet #2921992 07/30/21 10:12 AM
A
A
Any update is going to have some settling in time. Considering that this is free and I expect that it generates minimal revenue for MWD a wobble here and there is fine by me.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
job Offline
Cadet and I are very much aware of the issues and have pointed them out to the powers that be. That is all we can do.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Cadet #2922032 07/31/21 09:48 PM
S
S
Job, I was unaware of this thread, so apologies for posting on the other one.

I cannot send private messages due to permissions, so I sent a report - it said "Sent to moderator".

It was only brief and I thought it may help. Your admins should know what to change.

Originally Posted by Smilie
Originally Posted by job
Also, the issue about things being altered by a string of weird characters...that has been going on for years...another issue that has not been fixed, and tends to pop back up into the system with upgrades.
That may be the unicode translation not being configured correctly?

The code source in the header shows: <meta charset="iso-8859-1"> should be <meta charset="utf-8">.

I have checked this against another installation of the same software on another site. Hope that helps.

I'm not sure about the length of time it takes to post, but it could well be something to do with failing on DNS lookups as sometimes you get a Gateway Timeout.

I was an IT Manager/system admin back in the day. I hope you don't think that I was speaking out of turn. smile

Best,

Last edited by smilie; 07/31/21 09:51 PM.

M(55), W(45)
BD1: Apr-2011, BD2: 23-May-21, NC (15 June '21)
Divorce Filed (16 July '21)
---
When you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, you need to trust it's there.
job Offline
smilie,

No apologies necessary and no, you were not speaking out of turn. Others have advised us over the years what needs to be done. Unfortunately, all we can do is relay the problems and hope for the best in getting them fixed.

Cadet and I use to get notifications when someone reported something, but we have not been getting those notifications for several months. Yes, we have reported several times and we were hoping that the update would bring things back to a normal way of doing business. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. We were advised a week ago that only a portion of the update had been completed because the person doing the update had a personal emergency and needed to be away from the office for a period of time. So, it looks like Cadet and I will have plenty to report on come Monday.

BTW, private messaging has never been activated in the many years that I have been her. I am curious to find out if the editing capability has been reactivated for the "Divorce" forum. Another one that I have reported a number of times not working.

I guess we shall call this update a work in progress. All will be reported on Monday and then we shall see what happens.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
3 members like this: AndrewP, Cadet, smilie
job #2922051 08/02/21 02:43 PM
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by job
smilie,

No apologies necessary and no, you were not speaking out of turn. Others have advised us over the years what needs to be done. Unfortunately, all we can do is relay the problems and hope for the best in getting them fixed.

Cadet and I use to get notifications when someone reported something, but we have not been getting those notifications for several months. Yes, we have reported several times and we were hoping that the update would bring things back to a normal way of doing business. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. We were advised a week ago that only a portion of the update had been completed because the person doing the update had a personal emergency and needed to be away from the office for a period of time. So, it looks like Cadet and I will have plenty to report on come Monday.

BTW, private messaging has never been activated in the many years that I have been her. I am curious to find out if the editing capability has been reactivated for the "Divorce" forum. Another one that I have reported a number of times not working.

I guess we shall call this update a work in progress. All will be reported on Monday and then we shall see what happens.
YUP to all of the above.

I just tried "Likking" JOB's post as I have no idea what that does.
We will see if anything happens from that.

Sorry folks - my pay grade here is the same as users, so I get the same results but I do know that the administrator is trying.

Me-70, D37,S36
1 member likes this: SteveLW
Cadet #2922052 08/02/21 02:55 PM
S
S
Didn't even notice the Like button until your post, cadet! ROFL I am as observant as a rock.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
job Offline
I received word back from the Administrator this morning...they are working on the glitches and have apologized for the inconvenience. No time line as to when the issues will be resolved...so, please be patient. As Cadet has pointed out...my pay grade is the same as the users as well. Cadet and I will keep you informed as we move along in the week.

2 members like this: Cadet, smilie
Cadet #2922113 08/04/21 10:57 AM
T
T
FYI, I'm able to login to the site only like 1-2x/day now. I probably tried 10x today. Otherwise, either the "login" link or the place I type in a user/pass hangs and/or returns an error--I think it was "bad gateway". I've tried from a phone (Safari & cellular) and pc (Edge, Chrome & wifi).

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard