Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
L
LH19 Online OP
OP Online
L
Originally Posted by Ginger1
No, no, no. I think the bigger part of this series and I just began watching it is, not dating before you are over your ex!

She was in some crazy passionate relationship with this dude who broke her heart and met her husband a month later, never dealing with her crap. And he re entered the picture.

So the moral of the story is get healthy before dating

That's a great point Ginger I did not think of that. However, you are not finished with it so your opinion may change.

M:51 W:46
T:22 M:16
S:15 D:11

“Don't chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people - the ones who really belong in your life - will come to you and stay.”- Will Smith
O
O
Originally Posted by Ginger1
No, no, no. I think the bigger part of this series and I just began watching it is, not dating before you are over your ex!

She was in some crazy passionate relationship with this dude who broke her heart and met her husband a month later, never dealing with her crap. And he re entered the picture.

So the moral of the story is get healthy before dating

Bingo Ginger! This woman was always looking for someone to make her happy rather than happiness from within herself.

Me: 39 W:41
T: 14 M: 11
S: 5

BD & OM Jun 2020
W moves out Aug 2020

"What happened happened, and couldn't have happened any other way...because it didn't"
1 member likes this: Mach40
B
B
Originally Posted by LH19
So I finished the series last night. Not to spoil it but the moral of the story is that 85% of your life can be absolutely amazing and its ok if that isn't enough. You deserve to have at all no matter if it destroys to everyone around you.

Great job Netflix! lol.

Ugh. It'd be nice for once if the WAS was painted as the awful party and their life blew up due to their waywardness! LOL

Originally Posted by OnlyBent
This woman was always looking for someone to make her happy rather than happiness from within herself.

This is actually one of my major take-aways from this board and other resources over the last year and a half, and I now have a much better understanding of the concept. Happiness has to come from within; other people can not be responsible for our happiness. Just like a shiny new thing, the validation and excitement a new relationship brings fades after awhile and you revert back to your previous level if you don't address yourself internally.

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
1 member likes this: Mach40
Originally Posted by LH19
So I finished the series last night. Not to spoil it but the moral of the story is that 85% of your life can be absolutely amazing and its ok if that isn't enough. You deserve to have at all no matter if it destroys to everyone around you.

Great job Netflix! lol.

I was OK with the ending until the last two words of the show.

UGH!

Me-67, D35,S34
R
R

During E1, the husband gets home and says the right thing.... but to the wrong person. Watch the wife's reaction.
She feels good....until she realizes he is talking to the daughter and not her. Then notice how she feels.

Guys, it is critical that you are aware of your woman's emotional state when she is in your presence. It is also critical to understand that words to a woman are like visuals are to a man.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
J
J
The use of the butterfly in the very first episode and the very beginning is genius. Her words are spoken by so many WS it's crazy. She told her son, "honey, you can't keep it trap in there, if you do it will suffocate and die, you have to set it free".

So many WW get butterfly tatts. LOL!!!

M:37 W:37
T:11 M:10
S17, S13, S10, S4
BD:06/28/17
OM confirmed 07/20/17
Recon the M 10/29/17
Working hard:2gether

Onward and forward

This process is not a sprint it's a marathon! Patience, Patience, Patience.
M
M
Good shout out for this LH - Just watched EP1 and EP2.. I'll watch some more tonight..

Seems on the money so far.

Originally Posted by joejoe1

So many WW get butterfly tatts. LOL!!!

Maybe this should be on a mans red flag list when dating lol..

My WW had 2 butterflys! - got them when she left her mum and step dads house as she was "free"

I mentioned a while ago about 1 date i had with a woman with 3 ex husbands from memory ! 3 ! ( red flag and ill get the bill ASAP moment ) - all 3 were abusive apparently. Guess what she had. A tatt of a bird flying out of a cage. She said it was her escaping the abuse in the past... But it proves the point again.. Red flags are there, if you are in a sound enough mind to spot them !

Previous username - Helpme123.. A name chosen at a desperate time..

Now Mr Brightside.. coming out of my cage, and doing just fine.
G
G
I have a butterfly tat that I have had since 17.

Maybe that’s why I am still single hahahaha!

C
C
Originally Posted by MrBrside
I mentioned a while ago about 1 date i had with a woman with 3 ex husbands from memory ! 3 ! ( red flag and ill get the bill ASAP moment ) - all 3 were abusive apparently.

I'm curious--I'd see this as a yellow "caution" flag. 3 failed marriages tell me she made vows too quickly and learned from her mistakes too slowly. But, if this were 5+ years ago, and she could articulate what she'd done to change, she might be okay. Admittedly, people tell me I'm too slow to call a flag red, so I ask why 3 failed marriages possibly due to choosing abusive partners is an absolute dealbreaker for you out of curiosity.

Originally Posted by MrBrside
A tatt of a bird flying out of a cage.

Originally Posted by Ginger
I have a butterfly tat that I have had since 17.

Aha--so butterflies and birds aren't a red flag, they're an orange (ginger) flag!

M
M
Originally Posted by CWarrior

I'm curious--I'd see this as a yellow "caution" flag. 3 failed marriages tell me she made vows too quickly and learned from her mistakes too slowly. But, if this were 5+ years ago, and she could articulate what she'd done to change, she might be okay. Admittedly, people tell me I'm too slow to call a flag red, so I ask why 3 failed marriages potentially due to abuse is an absolute dealbreaker for you out of curiosity.

Fair question, but i think the biggest mistake a LBS spouse makes is to ignore the flags, if the lady is pretty / gorgeous / flirty / interested etc.. She was all of those.

Our date was roughly 1st week in October 2020.

On chatting to her, i found out she has kicked her current husband ( so seperated ) out on something like the 18th September 2020!!! - Yes - She was out dating weeks after seperating.

Very Broken IMO - hence, nice to meet you, i'll ge the bill.

Previous username - Helpme123.. A name chosen at a desperate time..

Now Mr Brightside.. coming out of my cage, and doing just fine.
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Link Copied to Clipboard