Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2920590 06/29/21 03:06 PM
W
wooba Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I haven't been here in awhile, since I probably won't log in very often now, I will try to do a quick update while I'm here.

This site was a lifesaver for me, but I feel like i've outgrown it smile I don't feel like I belong to any of the boards - definitely not a newcomer anymore, but I'm not yet divorced, and I couldn't care less about ExH's MLC. But what's really keeping me away from here is this site is not mobile friendly, and I do not want to be on the computer when I get home after a day of working in the office lol.

oh yes, H is still stalling on the D. but i won't bore you guys with the details.

Work is going great. Finished a few projects with great results and my boss is always willing to let me take on more. the only problem at work now is that I have a defensive colleague who does not want to share his work with anyone on the team, and my boss being new, is also having a hard time dealing with this guy who holds a lot of info that is crucial to the functioning of the team.

anyways. This pandemic seems like it will go on for a lot longer than we all expected, given that new variants keep popping up. I wonder if we would ever return to the old normal.

this side of the world is only getting caught up on pandemic, and I am already tired of it!

BD: Sep 2019
D in progress
wooba #2920646 06/29/21 10:03 PM
K
kml Offline
K
Join us on the Surviving the Big D part of the forum - just because you're not formally done doesn't mean we don't have support to share! And experience with the divorce process to share.

Glad work is going well for you. God bless the child that has their own. smile

Have you been able to get vaccinated where you are? The good news is the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines still give us 90% protection against the current variants including the Delta variant. Everybody is tired of the pandemic but don't drop your guard now. I see though that Australia doesn't have that great a vaccination rate so far, if that's where you are.

kml #2920649 06/29/21 10:32 PM
O
O
Originally Posted by kml
Have you been able to get vaccinated where you are? The good news is the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines still give us 90% protection against the current variants including the Delta variant. Everybody is tired of the pandemic but don't drop your guard now. I see though that Australia doesn't have that great a vaccination rate so far, if that's where you are.

It def ain't Summer here kml...brrrrr.

We've struggled with vax rates for a couple of reasons. Firstly, we approved AstraZeneca, which has since shown to have to some risks around blood clots, it's developed quite the reputational problem here. Up unitl yesterday the advice was that only over 60s should have AZ.

That only leaves us with Pfizer and given that we don't manufacture it here and are relying on limited availability we only have approx. 4% fully vaccinated.

We've got a bit of a second wave outbreak going on here which probs wouldn't have happened if we were better vaccinated. However, pretty grateful that we've had less than 1,000 deaths here, even if it does mean we're behind the ROW for 6-12 months.

Me: 41 W:42
T: 14 M: 11
S: 6

"What happened happened, and couldn't have happened any other way...because it didn't"
wooba #2920651 06/29/21 10:47 PM
K
kml Offline
K
Yeah, you've done well down under so far (I follow a musician who moved back to Australia from the US so he could tour again. Ben Lee. ) I do worry though with this much more contagious Delta variant, low vaccination rates and general pandemic fatigue, that things could get bad there now. Be careful.

wooba #2920654 06/29/21 11:24 PM
O
O
I always liked his music, did a few movies too if I recall.

The city I'm in has just had an outbreak of the Delta, largest new daily cases was 31 a few days ago, but we've fallen since then, 18 yesterday. They've opened AZ up to under 60s now so hopefully this help speed up the vaccinations. We are a pretty compliant society by nature, so mandatory masks and stay at home orders should do the trick, appreciate the thoughts and care.

"What happened happened, and couldn't have happened any other way...because it didn't"
wooba #2920655 06/29/21 11:38 PM
K
kml Offline
K
One of my favorite Ben Lee songs, from about 12 years ago, is Love Me Like The World Is Ending - very apropos for current times.

wooba #2920656 06/29/21 11:46 PM
O
O
Very! His music is so positive and happy, hard not to smile.

In a strange twist of fate, I just got an appointment for my Pfizer today at lunchtime.

wooba #2920662 06/30/21 01:28 AM
D
DnJ Offline
D
Hello wooba

Nice to hear from you.

You sound very healed. And I get the non-mobile friendliness you refer to. I usually type on my iPad. Like you, I’d rather not sit and surf at my desk on my computer; my couch is much more comfortable.

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
wooba #2920812 07/02/21 04:57 PM
W
wooba Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Oh man! My eldest definitely knows that the tooth fairy is not real now!!

I just try to sneak into his room to swap out his tooth with money, only to find out his door was locked and I don’t have a key to his door!!! (We’re in a new rental) I was googling “how to pick a lock” at 12am!!! Lol!!

I was just about to give up, I tried his door one last time and- voila! It was unlocked. I opened the door and he was asleep, but I swear he was pretending to be asleep!! I gingerly gave him a kiss and swap out the tooth under his pillow with money, but I’m 99.9% sure he was playing me hahahaha. Should I pretend to not know tomorrow morning??

Kml- We still don’t have enough vaccines yet here, we are just starting our first wave of vaccinating the elderly- my parents are getting their shots tomorrow. For the rest of us- not optimistic that we’re gonna get it this summer.

Thanks for the invite to the other board! I may just jump over one day!

BD: Sep 2019
D in progress
wooba #2920820 07/02/21 08:04 PM
D
DnJ Offline
D
Learning to pick a lock. Lol. Too funny.

Say nothing and see if he brings it up. Just because they know doesn’t mean the tooth fairy can’t still drop by.

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard