A Divorce Busting® Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out.

Save your marriage singlehandedly
with Divorce Busting Telephone Coaching
Call 303-444-7004 to get started right away.

A Message from Michele
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
L
LH19 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
So this weekend I started to watch the series Sex/Live on Netflix that gives the good depiction of the mindset of a WW wife. What is extremely telling in the story is that she is purely acting on emotion. It starts out as a fantasy about an ex BF, then turns into an EA and I am guessing that it will turn into a PA. Logically she knows she has everything that a woman dreams about growing up. Good looking loving husband, big house, kids, career. Her husband is letting some things slips in the romance department, some equipment issues and his work is a priority. But for all intents and purposes they have an incredible life.

I must warn you that if you are married man this show may really rub you the wrong way. Its pathetic how this stuff is so sensationalized but has interesting insight to the WW mindset touching on losing yourself, post partum depression and MLC.

M:51 W:46
T:22 M:16
S:15 D:11

“Don't chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people - the ones who really belong in your life - will come to you and stay.”- Will Smith
R
R
I haven't watched that one yet, but "Marriage Story" was hard to watch. Lots of classic mistakes from both sides.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
E
E
Saw it popping up in my favorites yesterday. Will definitely have a look soon.

Me (43) H (42)
M:14 T:18, S17, S14 & S14
4/19 BD1 ILYB & OW1 til 2/20
8/20 Moves abroad for work
12/20 Possible new OW2, denies but wants divorce(no action)
09/21 Proof of OW2
10/21 D in progress (Me)
J
J
Saw it on Netflix, this Saturday, kept going back to it, but couldn't pull myself to watch it after watching the preview. It's too intriguing not to watch thou. I know I will be trigger.

M:37 W:37
T:11 M:10
S17, S13, S10, S4
BD:06/28/17
OM confirmed 07/20/17
Recon the M 10/29/17
Working hard:2gether

Onward and forward

This process is not a sprint it's a marathon! Patience, Patience, Patience.
O
O
Where I am, we have just been thrown into lockdown for 2 weeks, so I have plenty of time on my hands. Just watched the first episode. One thing that struck out at me when the backstory of her and the ex-BF was playing out was her saying that the first night she was with him she had a "vision of who she could be" with him. This is a person that couldn't make herself happy, but relied on someone else.

Also, a fair bit of butterfly imagery. At the start, her S says the butterfly is a female and she talks about setting it free otherwise it will feel caged and die. My STBXW recently got a tattoo of two butterflies to signify the change in her life.

Last edited by OnlyBent; 06/28/21 11:00 PM.

Me: 39 W:41
T: 14 M: 11
S: 5

BD & OM Jun 2020
W moves out Aug 2020

"What happened happened, and couldn't have happened any other way...because it didn't"
B
B
I specifically avoided "Marriage Story" as it was getting popular on Netflix right during the heart of my stich - seemed way too dramatic and realistic, and I was too raw.

What's the tone of Sex/Life? Does the cheating spouse have their fantasy crushed and life ruined as all us LBSs have fantasized about, or do does she ride off in the sunset as Hollywood would have us believe?

Me:39 Ex-W:36
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:2
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
O
O
Originally Posted by BL42
I specifically avoided "Marriage Story" as it was getting popular on Netflix right during the heart of my stich - seemed way too dramatic and realistic, and I was too raw.

I did the opposite and watched it during the heart of my sitch. I'll admit that pathetically I was hoping that I'd see some hope for us in the watching of it. Hard to watch given how real it feels.

What's the tone of Sex/Life? Does the cheating spouse have their fantasy crushed and life ruined as all us LBSs have fantasized about, or do does she ride off in the sunset as Hollywood would have us believe?

No spoilers BL. Like LH said, highly sensationalised, but its uncanny how many things she does that my own STBXW did/said. Lots of underlying themes and hidden meanings if you know what you're looking for. Which I imagine most on here do.

Me: 39 W:41
T: 14 M: 11
S: 5

BD & OM Jun 2020
W moves out Aug 2020

"What happened happened, and couldn't have happened any other way...because it didn't"
L
LH19 Offline OP
OP Offline
L

Her wayward tendencies are strong!

“Don't chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people - the ones who really belong in your life - will come to you and stay.”- Will Smith
L
LH19 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
So I finished the series last night. Not to spoil it but the moral of the story is that 85% of your life can be absolutely amazing and its ok if that isn't enough. You deserve to have at all no matter if it destroys to everyone around you.

Great job Netflix! lol.

G
G
No, no, no. I think the bigger part of this series and I just began watching it is, not dating before you are over your ex!

She was in some crazy passionate relationship with this dude who broke her heart and met her husband a month later, never dealing with her crap. And he re entered the picture.

So the moral of the story is get healthy before dating

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004