Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Georgiabelle #2917383 04/01/21 06:04 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks everyone for the commentary. I appreciate it! I really do love meeting peeps but I won’t lie. I wish something would have worked by now. Yep, I admit that and I have to get over that :-)

Yes, I do get asked out lots and I understand that’s dating. Im not delusional. Being swiped on by lots of peeps doesn’t mean those folks wanna date or even talk to me. I’ve been dating for 7 years now, so I get how it goes-whether online or meeting IRL :-) I had a very small radius (20 miles) and age 5 years up and 5 years down. There were over 400 peeps on the beeline (I only swiped for a couple of days) before I deleted. It’s kind of hard to explain what I’m trying to say. I like dating. It’s fun. I will only go out with someone if it at least seems like a semi fit. I think what I’m trying to say is volume doesn’t mean much. And yep, as I get older (I’m 48) it will go much, much, much lower but hopefully I won’t want a relationship. Or it’s not something I desire as much.

I did go out 4x with a guy I met right before I deleted-not the UPS guy. This guy was a criminal investigator. He was really cool. He doesn’t live here though but is moving back. We had some odd “similarities” and had so much fun. He was in his 40s But, he is going back home Saturday.

Moving my mom is a challenge. We pushed it out a week. I think this Will be so good for her. And she will be closer to us and around other people. The actual move, discarding of stuff, and donating of stuff is a bit challenging for me. I don’t even know what some of the stuff is.

Happy it’s almost Friday.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
Georgiabelle #2917398 04/01/21 09:03 PM
K
kml Offline
K
My advice is - box up all the papers and bring them home with you until you can sort through them at your leisure. Some may be important. And some may be revealing. My mom had already gone through downsizing her stuff ten years before she died, as she moved in with me ten years ago. I still found some fascinating items in the few papers she left behind!

We knew my father had been married before my mom, and that my father had suspected one of the two sons from that marriage was not his. We didn't expect to find the love letters from the OM to my father's first wife during WW2! (OM was stationed nearby). Nor did we expect to find legal papers showing that in between the first wife and my mom, my dad had illegally married a third woman with a quickie mail-order Mexican divorce from his first wife (which was not legal in California!) and as soon as she figured it out she left him and had it annulled! Such drama!

Georgiabelle #2917459 04/04/21 10:30 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks KML. I’ll be happy when I get my mom moved in a week and a half. It’s tough with her being 4 hours away. Her being closer will make things easier. It’s just a lot to manage. I felt so anxious about all of this but I just have to wrap my arms around this and deal.

My oldest muffin turns 18 this week. Where has the time gone? I’ve been on this board for a little over 7 years. So much has happened yet some things have stayed the same. I’m taking him, d16 and my niece to the beach. S11 is staying with his grandparents.

The guy I went out with that went home.....dang I really really liked him. We clicked. He even said it. I don’t put much thought into what people say after meeting them online, but he keeps saying he will be back soon. I’m pretty sure we were very attracted to each other but I know that doesn’t mean much. I just liked him. Not sure why the universe put him on my path. I could be wrong, but I kept thinking if he was here, we would have kind of just kept going. Granted we met over odd circumstances but....oh well. Argh.

I have 2 more dates lined up from before I deleted my profile a week ago. One tomorrow night and one Tuesday night. Everyone has been age appropriate.

I’m ready for the beach. It’s my happy place. I love the ocean.

Hope everyone is having a nice Easter.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
Georgiabelle #2917915 04/18/21 12:03 PM
G
OP Offline
G
Hope everyone is well. Laaaaaawd! Moving my mom has been a monumental task in many ways. She does appear to like (and I use the term loosely) her new place. The layout is similar to her former home but a bit more modern. Her sister is staying with her a few days to get her settled in a bit. Hopefully, my mom makes a few friends and enjoys some of the activities. I saw candy bar bingo and I’ve put it on my schedule :-). I hired movers who specialize in senior moving (funny on that in a bit) and they did a job. Unfortunately, they could not fit everything on the truck. This was not their fault. My mom had a ton of stuff to be thrown away, donated, etc. So I do have to make another trip to get a few items. Sigh. My mom has complained that I didn’t get her desk (I didn’t get it because she tried to give it away) but since the friend didn’t want, now she does. Gah. But, her new place is cute and nice. She surrounded by people and hopefully this goes well.

I took my S18, D16 and 19 yr old niece to the beach last weekend. It was bliss! We had a blast and the ocean is my happy place. Water was still chilly but I made it work. Weather was great and the food was divine.

I think I mentioned I did some renovations on my house a few weeks back. My 12 year old cat disappeared during this and I’ve not been able to locate her. This really has bothered me but I do live around hawks, owls, foxes, etc. She was a semi feral kitten when I got her and was indoors about 80% of the time (she always slept inside) but something happened when they painted the house. I last saw her walking down the driveway but I figured she was going across the street until they were done. I guess the universe was trying to tell me different. I keep telling myself she had a great life but well, I feel guilty.

Here is your moving funny. The 2 guys that came to move my mom were exceptional. Very friendly, kind, and patient. They had great personalities. Patience is a necessity with my mom. The lead mover happened to live in the same town I do and was close to my age. The other mover was...hot and much younger. All about 4 hours from my mom. When I met them, I explained a bit of the dynamic between my mom and I to help set the stage. The young one says he will work with me and starts asking me questions about my life. Am I married. Do I have a boyfriend. I’m terrible at knowing when people are flirting but I am very outgoing. I finally asked him how old he was. He’s 26 :-). So now I have a new friend who keeps asking me out. And yes, I know what the 26 yr old wants but it’s flattering for my ego.

That’s all I got peeps. Going for a 5 mile walk. Hope everyone is fabulous and grateful for today. Xo.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
Georgiabelle #2917919 04/18/21 02:33 PM
G
G
I always can empathize with your posts so much. I'm looking for what you are looking for, and i am feeling the hole of not finding it. I totally get it. I think you'll find it though. ANd you'll know it with no doubts.

Georgiabelle #2919799 06/13/21 12:08 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Hi peeps. My last couple of months have been insane and I have a feeling the year will bring more stressors. However, I’m trying not to worry about what I can’t control.

I wanted to share a funny. I went to ABC islands with my close friend from NY for a few days away. I needed to recharge and rejuvenate. The guy I was reconnecting with said upon my return that he had heard stories about what happens on girls trips and he wasn’t “comfortable with that lifestyle.” I actually laughed. Trying to mentally recharge and relax is now an undesirable lifestyle? I reminded him that I was pushing 50 and I enjoyed the beaches and pool with my friend. Then, I stopped myself. Why on earth was I trying to explain why I went on vacation with a friend? And that I was in bed by 9:30 each night. Nope. Nope. Nope. Yes, I met him on OLD.

Some folks are straight up cr8zy. Hope everyone is well xo.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
Georgiabelle #2919800 06/13/21 02:18 PM
D
D
LOL. Sounds like this guy may be a tad bit insecure and a bit controlling. Definitely a yellow flag if not a red one. Glad you had a nice vacay with your friend. smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard