Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
W
Wolfman Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by CWarrior
Hi Wolfman,

Wow--our kids have birthdays on the same day!

1. You're being denied contacting her today, not celebrating her birthday. Can you celebrate without seeing her? Can you buy and wrap a card and gift, so when the order is lifted, you can then give it to her?

2. You are being denied contacting her today, not viewing the event. Can you ask another parent or the school to record her? Do check the terms of your protection order, but I'd be surprised if that were a violation.

3. I'd be tempted to try to resolve the communication issue between you and your attorney. "You said the judge remembered the terms wrong when he said I violated the protection order. You said you'd pull the transcript to prove it and I'd get my D back. That hasn't happened and it took you over a month to pull the transcript. What's going on?"

Happy birthday to your kids.
On Tuesday my lawyer said the transcripts are ready. They just had to pay $112 for them and then they should get them. I am going to email my lawyer on Monday and see if they have them now. I can’t believe it’s taking this long to get them either. I just want to put this behind me.

A lot of you have been with me from the beginning. It’s just amazing that we went through our divorce with just a mediator, we decided on everything. Then I get a gf and things are just out of control. The divorce itself should have been the hard part. Not the other way around. Did any of you here experience something similar? “Smooth” divorce but after was rough.

Trust me everyone, when I get those transcripts I will be on here to report.

M:42 XW:41
T:19 M: 15
D:13 S:10
BD: 8/10/18
Moved out: 8/18
Moved in: 9/18/18
Moved out: 4/22/19
D papers signed 11/4/19
D final 3/18/20
K
kml Offline
K
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. How dare you not sit around waiting to be her Plan B, even after the divorce?

R
R
Originally Posted by Wolfman
I am just looking for a little advice. Today is my daughters birthday...my ex got that order of protection I can’t see or even text my d.
Go buy her a card and a gift. Write in the card about WHY you love her. Wrap up the gift. DO NOT GIVE THEM TO HER NOW. Wait until the order is over.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
D
D
What KML said….pure and simple jealousy. Worst feeling in the world and can drive some people absolutely crazy. Hopefully the crazy will fade over time. (((HUGS)))

T
T

Thanks, Wolfman. My XW actually gave me extra time with them--I'm blessed she and I get along. I hope you are able to find a way to see D's recital Sunday, even if it's through the school or someone else's camera.

U
U
Did any of you here experience something similar? “Smooth” divorce but after was rough.

Not me but a friend.

He and his XW didn't even use a mediator, they worked out a settlement by themselves. Fast forward 4 years later when support runs out, and she surprise files for 100% custody of their 3 boys. He went through a trial and everything, ended up winning. Of course, his XW probably had some "other" reason for filing and likely justified to herself that it was more than just money.

Every human uses emotional reasoning more than rational logic. Even more so with people in a D, and in that subgroup, even more so (typically) the WAS. There's a massive well of resentment and anger to draw from to justify their actions.

I hope things calm down and you can spend time with your D again. Weaponizing the kids is the lowest of the low, unfortunately all too common.

W
Wolfman Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by kml
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. How dare you not sit around waiting to be her Plan B, even after the divorce?

Something I will never understand. She wanted this, against DB principles I begged her not to do it. Then I move on with someone and she goes after me. Like I said never understand.

Originally Posted by Ready2Change
I am just looking for a little advice. Today is my daughters birthday...my ex got that order of protection I can’t see or even text my d.
Go buy her a card and a gift. Write in the card about WHY you love her. Wrap up the gift. DO NOT GIVE THEM TO HER NOW. Wait until the order is over.

It’s a great idea, I have no idea what she likes anymore or what she is into. So sad that I feel so disconnected from my daughter. Honestly nothing depresses me more when I see a teenage girl with their father. I just feel so cheated!!

Originally Posted by DejaVu6
What KML said….pure and simple jealousy. Worst feeling in the world and can drive some people absolutely crazy. Hopefully the crazy will fade over time. (((HUGS)))

Jealous of what? This is what she wanted. Her bf moved in with her and my kids. She became the biggest hypocrite in the world. Whatever though, just funny how now she can do or allow certain things.

Originally Posted by CWarrior

Thanks, Wolfman. My XW actually gave me extra time with them--I'm blessed she and I get along. I hope you are able to find a way to see D's recital Sunday, even if it's through the school or someone else's camera.

Unfortunately, I didn’t get to see her dance. This is the first time I didn’t get to see her dance since she was 5. Very sad for me!! I miss her so much!!
Originally Posted by unchien
Did any of you here experience something similar? “Smooth” divorce but after was rough.

Weaponizing the kids is the lowest of the low, unfortunately all too common.

This right here^^^^. She is using the kids to hurt me since there is no other way to do it. I was looking to hire one of the top therapists that deal with parent alienation but I don’t have the money that she requires to hire her. I guess only rich parents get alienated on. Not us average working folks. I know if I was able to afford her, I would win the case and get custody of my children and get them away from this devil!!! I actually reached out to other top psychologist in the country that deals with parent alienation but didn’t get and email back. And now Father’s Day is coming up and won’t see my daughter again. This is just so wrong!!!

D papers signed 11/4/19
D final 3/18/20
T
T
I was looking to hire one of the top therapists that deal with parent alienation but I don’t have the money that she requires to hire her. I guess only rich parents get alienated on. Not us average working folks. I know if I was able to afford her, I would win the case and get custody of my children and get them away from this devil!!! I actually reached out to other top psychologist in the country that deals with parent alienation but didn’t get and email back.

As a data point, my parents once spent 4x as much as their opponent in a year-long court case and got a 15% advantage. Money does matter. But, if you can't afford the top psychologists as your advocates, most likely your XW can't either. For a good case, experts of comparable quality should be sufficient?

I Googled local attorneys who pick up parent alienation cases. It says your primary job is to prove the other parent is making disparaging statements about you to your kids. Possible sources of documentation: (a) child testimony, (b) relative testimony, (c) captures of text, audio, or video showing disparaging remarks.

In short, don't give up just because you can't afford top experts, and keep documenting!

W
Wolfman Offline OP
OP Offline
W
CW the problem is she doesn’t have money, her parents. When she bought me out her DAD wrote a check to me for $100,000. She did t refinance to buy me out her dad did it. Her dad also paid for her lawyer. So for her this is easy, mommy and daddy will keep forking over the money. Some of you may say, her parents will stop after a while, nope!! Her brother lives at home, he is 38, no job, no friends. Parents bought him a car and he travels the world on their money. So, it’s tough for me. It’s just me.
As far as documentation of alienation. I have some documentation. I have texts between my ex and d. How my ex tells her to hide things from me, to lie to me, has my d report is going on in our life, the tracking device she put on her phone and I screen shot it that it’s only turned on when she was with us. And she still doesn’t stop. Today I got an email from her and it says this:
I will pick s up at school tomorrow in order for him to not have to go to the precinct twice.
She doesn’t even ask. Our divorce states I pick up my s everyday from school. For her to just tell me. The reason the 2 pick ups at the precinct because I get my s this weekend and she put for her to have him from 3:45-5 just she could see him a little before I have him for the weekend. But she is the one who wanted police station exchanges. I suggested instead of that, I pick him up from school and just keep him for the weekend. By the time she picks him up from the police station and gets home she is there for 20 minutes to just drive him back. I think it is fair for me to say just let me have him. I am just so tired of this nonsense. She makes things bad and then tries to change them to benefit her. Oh and she always tried to use the kids as a reason to justify what she is doing, but it’s bs, it’s only for her.

D papers signed 11/4/19
D final 3/18/20
R
R
I think it is fair for me to say just let me have him.
Do not agree, argue or debate anything.

Wolf: "I believe it is best to stick with the court order agreements. I will pick him up from school and have him at PS at the agreed time, wolf."

If she picks him up or shows up or whatever, she is in contempt. Document everything.

Good luck

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard