Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
T
T
Originally Posted by Wolfman
On a sad note. I really struggle some days not being able to see or talk to my d. Her birthday is in 10 days she is graduating middle school, dance recital coming up and I am going to miss it all. I NEVER MISSED ANY OF MY KIDS ACTIVITIES, now I have to because of the order of protection.

You indicated the long protection order was due to the judge and your XW believing you violated a shorter protection order--your attorney planned to pull transcripts to prove you remembered correctly and they did not. Any luck? It sounds terrible to not be able to communicate with her until a month after her birthday.

T
T
I just read most protection orders prohibit both direct or indirect contact--e.g., a "Happy Birthday" card would be considered a criminal offense. If the order stays in place, as hard as it must be, I'd follow its terms so you don't face charges and/or yet another extension of the period where you can't access your D.

R
R
Originally Posted by CWarrior
I just read most protection orders prohibit both direct or indirect contact--e.g., a "Happy Birthday" card would be considered a criminal offense. If the order stays in place, as hard as it must be, I'd follow its terms so you don't face charges and/or yet another extension of the period where you can't access your D.

Get transcripts, read them carefully and follow all court orders. A guy I know sat in jail for 30 days because he did not realize the court ordered a parenting evaluator. His argument was he did not have the funds to hire the evaluation. Clarification with your legal team is also a great idea.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
B
B
congrats on the new bambino. enjoy this special time with your family and try not to let exw intrude with her various machinations.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
R
R
The whole police station exchange bothers me.

"Something needed to change - and fast. But it wasn't the world, government, or women that needed to change. It was me. I needed to wake up and update my belief system because what I was doing, clearly, wasn't working." - Richard Cooper

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
W
Wolfman Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by CWarrior
On a sad note. I really struggle some days not being able to see or talk to my d. Her birthday is in 10 days she is graduating middle school, dance recital coming up and I am going to miss it all. I NEVER MISSED ANY OF MY KIDS ACTIVITIES, now I have to because of the order of protection.

You indicated the long protection order was due to the judge and your XW believing you violated a shorter protection order--your attorney planned to pull transcripts to prove you remembered correctly and they did not. Any luck? It sounds terrible to not be able to communicate with her until a month after her birthday.

I emailed my lawyer yesterday. It’s been over a month, I hope I can get the transcripts soon. I breaks my heart every day, that I can’t speak with her. I try to not think about it but every once and a while it creeps up on me. With the order, I can’t send her a card or even a text hi. No contact. It really hurts me. I miss her so much.

Originally Posted by bttrfly
congrats on the new bambino. enjoy this special time with your family and try not to let exw intrude with her various machinations.

Thank you. I focus on my new family when I am with them. The deserve my undivided attention. My ex is just a evil, evil person. I hope karma really bites her hard.

Everything with gf and baby are great. So far so good. My s is graduating elementary school soon and only 2 parents can go. I emailed my lawyer about this. Since my ex has an order of protection against me I hope that doesn’t inhibit me from going. I told him he needs to speak with her lawyer that I can go. I will be really angry if I can’t and she takes the bf instead. I’ll let you all know what my lawyer says.

M:42 XW:41
T:19 M: 15
D:13 S:10
BD: 8/10/18
Moved out: 8/18
Moved in: 9/18/18
Moved out: 4/22/19
D papers signed 11/4/19
D final 3/18/20
W
Wolfman Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Good morning everyone. I guess I am just looking for a little advice. Today is my daughters birthday and I am having a real hard time. Since my ex got that order of protection I can’t see or even text my d. This is the first time I am going to miss her birthday. On top of it this Sunday she has her dance recital, I can’t see that either. I am just hurting so bad. I NEVER MISSED ANYTHING for my kids. How many times I left work to make sure I was there for my kids. There were times I was there and my ex wasn’t when we were married. I am not saying she is a bad person at the time, she was working. I sacrificed so much for my family and to have this lunatic take this away from me is so hurtful!!! I am trying to get through the day but it will be hard. I miss her so much!!! I am just so disgusted with the judicial system. That they give these orders of protection out like candy. That she didn’t have to give any evidence just make up lies, and why because she can and knows this is the only way to hurt me, through my children. I am just so depressed. Sorry everyone.

D papers signed 11/4/19
D final 3/18/20
L
L
I am sorry you are hurting wolf.

So I am curious there is an order of protection against your daughter and not your son? The courts believe you are a danger to daughter but not son? That seems odd to me?

Have you thought about suing for defamation of character?

W
Wolfman Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by LH19
I am sorry you are hurting wolf.

So I am curious there is an order of protection against your daughter and not your son? The courts believe you are a danger to daughter but not son? That seems odd to me?

Have you thought about suing for defamation of character?

It is so odd and ridiculous how I could be a danger to those 2 but not my son. I spoke with the police at length when she tried to have me arrested for exchanging my son with her. I think I told that story on here already. I asked about suing, you can’t unless it affected me financially, like losing a job or not getting a job because of it. The whole order of protection today is a joke. Even the 3 cops I spoke with told me judges give them out for anything. I could literally go to the court house now, say my gf smacked me and I am afraid, with no proof just my story and get her kicked out of my home. The. She would have to prove her innocence. But in the meantime she would be on the street. Today many people in these situations are doing that exact thing. Getting people kicked out of their homes because they run to court make up a story, get the order and now a person is out of their home, or in My case can’t even text my daughter.

She is never going to stop. Once this gets settled I am sure it will be something else. Since the day I told her I had a gf, it’s been non stop with her!!!

D papers signed 11/4/19
D final 3/18/20
T
T
Hi Wolfman,

Wow--our kids have birthdays on the same day!

1. You're being denied contacting her today, not celebrating her birthday. Can you celebrate without seeing her? Can you buy and wrap a card and gift, so when the order is lifted, you can then give it to her?

2. You are being denied contacting her today, not viewing the event. Can you ask another parent or the school to record her? Do check the terms of your protection order, but I'd be surprised if that were a violation.

3. I'd be tempted to try to resolve the communication issue between you and your attorney. "You said the judge remembered the terms wrong when he said I violated the protection order. You said you'd pull the transcript to prove it and I'd get my D back. That hasn't happened and it took you over a month to pull the transcript. What's going on?"

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard