EX:37
Together 17 years
Married 16 years
5 kids, 20,18,15,14,11

BD 03/06/20, divorced 12/23/21
J
J
Originally Posted by DBX80

Thanks you guys. I think I'll go with, "I respectfully decline to fund your petition to divorce me." That sounds about right.

Or maybe "No, I won't be funding your petition to divorce me."

Take the word, "No" and "ME" out and it will be good. No, sounds vindictive, and me, makes it personal. You are emotionally detach, No and Me shows you are still harboring emotional attachment.

M:37 W:37
T:11 M:10
S17, S13, S10, S4
BD:06/28/17
OM confirmed 07/20/17
Recon the M 10/29/17
Working hard:2gether

Onward and forward

This process is not a sprint it's a marathon! Patience, Patience, Patience.
D
DBX80 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by joejoe1
Take the word, "No" and "ME" out and it will be good. No, sounds vindictive, and me, makes it personal. You are emotionally detach, No and Me shows you are still harboring emotional attachment.

OK yes, that's better. So it will be: "I won't be funding your petition for divorce." Sounds good, thanks!

L
L
Keep it strictly business.

D
DBX80 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
So after emailing her back that I won't be funding the divorce petition, she of course did not respond.

And now this past weekend, she sent me two emails with pictures of the dogs, with one email containing a picture of myself with one of the dogs, and saying that she thought I would like to know that it's been six years since we adopted the first dog.

I'm was just baffled. Literally a week after filing for divorce, she's sending me pictures via email to reminisce? I obviously did not respond. It's just so strange...

S
S
WASs are the flakiest creatures on the Earth. Trying to derive meaning from them is a fool's game. Don't do it. Good job on not responding.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
L
L
It’s actually not strange at all. She’s trying to get a reaction from you. There will be more to come. Your job is to stay strong!

L
L
DBX you win the quote of the day:

“When men become the women in their relationships by becoming overly emotional, unsure of themselves and start displaying more feminine behavior and less and less masculine behavior, this ruins the sexual polarity and eventually the relationship. Women submit to men only when they prove their leadership ability through congruency of their thoughts, words and actions. If men start abdicating their leadership role by becoming more feminine, emotional and unsure of themselves and waiting on the women to lead them and make all of the decisions, this forces the women to move into their masculine to make up for their lack of leadership. This results in resentment and a loss of respect, affection and intimacy by the women. Men who change into something they are not in order to please their women will eventually get dumped, blown off or ghosted.” ~ Coach Corey Wayne

W
W
LH that quote is legit gross. Displaying emotion has no gender. Over emotional is a way patriarchal men like to keep people who identify as women in a little box. No, no silly little girl that baby box of yours tells you how to think not your teeny tiny little girl brain. It's disgusting way to characterize women and an even worse way to mansplain what "feminine" behavior is to "men." People who can articulate how they feel and don't just swallow emotions are typically known as healthy individuals, not effeminate losers.

Along with that, I know a h3ll of a lot more men who are unsure of themselves than women, but pretend they're not, and tell themselves they're not and it almost always comes out as hypermasculinity or aggression whether that be passive or active. Insecurity is an interesting animal when swayed with testosterone. It has very little to do with women "taking on the masculine" and far more to do with an individual's self worth, and emotional maturity.

DBX needing to go further down the path of detachment and doing a little more self work to focus less on the emotions of the MR falling apart has nothing to do with some caveman like display of "leadership." The only valid point that entire paragraph has is NO ONE should change into something they are not in order to please ANYONE.

Seriously that crap is how incels are built.

S
S
wayfarer, I try to stay above the fray in these kinds of dustups. But isn't your second paragraph guilty of the same thing you are calling the quote out on? Just an observation.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard