Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
shotgun #2918454 05/03/21 07:12 PM
L
L
Originally Posted by shotgun
As far as relationships, I haven't fallen in love. I have met many ladies in six years. Most of them were single.

So why do you think you haven't found the one? Statistically speaking men are more likely to remarry then women.
There are those who are in a relationship who are willing to do the absurd.

I know exactly what you are talking about.
My ex? I have no idea what her life is like. .

You don't speak at all?

Traveler #2918455 05/03/21 07:19 PM
B
B
Originally Posted by CWarrior
Wow, Butterfly, you're scaring me. I dipped my toe in this weekend and 4 women are messaging me! Now I wonder which has a violent ex, which is the stalker, which will ghost me--and who's the normal one? lol.

your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to id the crazy one in the room ASAP and make sure it isn't you!

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
Traveler #2918456 05/03/21 07:19 PM
B
B
Was anyone offended? LH and I are also coming from the male perspective. (:

yeah. it was a bit offensive.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
Traveler #2918457 05/03/21 07:22 PM
B
B
Seriously, though, four years ago I went on like over a dozen online dates and none were so bad. The worst made fun stories. Ms Polyamory, for example. I wonder if something has fundamentally changed or the cesspool bit is an area-by-area thing. If my dates turn out to be crazy, I'll just return to offline dating.

seriously it's an individual thing and i did bring a strong sense of humor to the table - otherwise, yikes~
but i also have to say that I have a whole lot going on right now with my son and my mom, so there is no time to devote to the dating aspect of life. I'm sure that will come in time. I'm equally sure I'm not interested in anyone looking for either a purse or a nurse.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
LH19 #2918468 05/04/21 12:16 AM
S
shotgun Offline OP
OP Offline
S
LH19 I am not sure I have been looking for the one. I am having a second childhood of sorts and I haven't given a lot of thought to settling down. As I said earlier, I thought that I would dive right back into another deep relationship but heeded the wise words of my therapist about proceeding cautiously. I definitely have not closed the door to a long term relationship but it really isn't that important to me right now. The process my wife introduced me to has been eye opening and I could write a book on what I have learned about women. There are plenty of people who write about this so I won't do it. Bottom line is a lot of what Michele says is true about relationships. There was a lady who posted tons of information that I have found to be more true. I'll go back and see if she is still here. Her thoughts were that men needed to be more firm with their women. At least in my experience this is true. If you are falling all over yourself to please them you are making a mistake.

As for my ex I don't speak to her. I spent fifteen years talking her off of the ledge and thank God I don't have to do that anymore. She "fired me as her husband" and that is no longer my job. I simply rarely ever think of her.

M:53 W:47 M:15 years. S:18 S's: 30 & 28 from previous marriage. BD: 3/14 Divorced January 17.
shotgun #2918469 05/04/21 12:35 AM
K
kml Offline
K
Her thoughts were that men needed to be more firm with their women. At least in my experience this is true. If you are falling all over yourself to please them you are making a mistake.

Umm...no. This is not a man-woman thing, and if you think you need to be "firm" with a wife like she's a child - nope. Big nope!

That being said - bending ourselves into pretzels to try to please a partner is generally not helpful. They actually have more respect for us if we stand up for ourselves. I was probably too accommodating in my marriage, because I'm easygoing and my ex was high-maintenance. I didn't expect enough from my ex in the relationship. In my dating life, it appears, the less interested I am, the more interested a guy is. Everybody wants to "win" their partner. I let my ex win too easily.

shotgun #2918472 05/04/21 01:15 AM
L
L
LH19 I am not sure I have been looking for the one. I am having a second childhood of sorts and I haven't given a lot of thought to settling down. As I said earlier, I thought that I would dive right back into another deep relationship but heeded the wise words of my therapist about proceeding cautiously. I definitely have not closed the door to a long term relationship but it really isn't that important to me right now. The process my wife introduced me to has been eye opening and I could write a book on what I have learned about women. There are plenty of people who write about this so I won't do it. Bottom line is a lot of what Michele says is true about relationships. There was a lady who posted tons of information that I have found to be more true. I'll go back and see if she is still here. Her thoughts were that men needed to be more firm with their women. At least in my experience this is true. If you are falling all over yourself to please them you are making a mistake.

As for my ex I don't speak to her. I spent fifteen years talking her off of the ledge and thank God I don't have to do that anymore. She "fired me as her husband" and that is no longer my job. I simply rarely ever think of her.

You’re talking about Sandi. She posts all the time how men need to be more firm.

Sounds like you are doing well though I sense a hint of bitterness in your writing.

kml #2918473 05/04/21 01:36 AM
S
shotgun Offline OP
OP Offline
S
kml, my intention is to speak from my own perspective as a man. Primarily when it comes to dating post divorce. No doubt much of this applies to both men and women. I can't remember how Michele describes it; a teeter totter or something.....Pulling away causes the other person to draw nearer.

M:53 W:47 M:15 years. S:18 S's: 30 & 28 from previous marriage. BD: 3/14 Divorced January 17.
LH19 #2918474 05/04/21 01:44 AM
S
shotgun Offline OP
OP Offline
S
LH19, could be Sandi. Perhaps I am bitter. I don't do an incredible amount of self diagnosis. I am simply making observations and attempting to learn. Repeating but very focused on my physical and emotional health and making financial choices that will afford me leisure time in my later years. Marveling at the nutty world of dating at fifty-four years old!

shotgun #2918475 05/04/21 08:48 AM
M
M
The self evaluations and descriptions are often delusional.

Do agree with this one, reading a lot of female profiles! i am finding that a lot of the woman are living in Fantasy land and expecting a perfect man to whisk them off there feet! (knight in shining armour) even the shorter woman want 6 foot and above and athletic men (over 60 years old?)

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard