Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
New job starts tomorrow. A liaison of sorts between patients (veterans) and medical facilities. I'll be working remotely from home. Full-time, better pay & great benefits. First week is orientation and training. All virtual. That'll be interesting. We're using our own devices for now. I know they'll eventually have us pick up our equipment (laptop, keyboard, monitors) & get our security cards soon.

D4 will be starting a new routine too. Off to nannies. She has daycare a few days as well, until kindergarten starts in August. A friend said she could help me out some days too. That'll save me money. Lots of changes.

Gma went home today. She told me several times she wants to move here. Maybe her & exH will buy together. That'd be nice for D4. And I'd get a break here and there.

Really sleepy now. Night night.

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Mar returns stuck here C19 Lckdwn
Apr he leaves for work until Nov
Oct D FINAL 2020
Living MY Happiest Life Ever
D
DnJ Online
D
A new job. A liaison. How wonderful and exciting. And of course better pay and benefits is awesome.

Full time and virtual will be a new routine for you and D4. Nannies, child care, and Kindergarten in the new school year. Wow, I bet D4 is excited as well. Lots of changes and opportunities for sure.

Life sounds pretty sweet over there. Well done Can!

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
D
D
Great news Can!!! Congratulations!!!

K
kml Offline
K
Congrats on the new job!

job Offline
I am so happy for you and your little D. Congratulations on the new job!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
E
E
Congratulations Can!!

Exciting and blissful feeling.

Also something you can fully concentrate on. (makes you think a lot less about other situations smile )

Good luck in any case !!

Me(45)EXH(44)
M:15 T:18, S19, S16 & S16
04/19-02/20 ILYB & OW1
12/20-08/22 OW2 (+pregnant-his child)
03/22-Divorce official
06/22-08/23 Reconnecting
09/23-possible back with OW2
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Didn't sleep sound, but that normal. This time it wasn't my own thoughts keeping me up, but the new people that moved in behind us. Drinking & arguing. It was sounding pretty bizarre. Any way, I got D4 off in the morning fine. My day was one long virtual meeting with videos in between.

D4 was so craving my attention. In a naughty way. I couldn't do what I needed to. It was frustrating.

Hopefully she'll soon understand I have needs too.

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
K
kml Offline
K
Get a babysitter for the week, or at least part of the days. D4 is just too young to entertain herself for so long.

As for the new neighbors - I hope they are renters. We once had drug dealers move in across the street from us. (In a very nice neighborhood in a wealthy town). Bunches of cars would show up when the bars closed at night, all kinds of sketchy people coming and going. The neighbors got together and complained to the landlord, and finally through a city program were able to get him to evict them. Shortly before they moved, FBI agents came to my home and asked me to call them if I saw them starting to move - they were tracking them, trying to catch the bigger fish.

We sure slept better once they were gone. I hope your neighbors were just having a one-off visit from a drunk uncle, but if it continues, start talking to the other neighbors.

C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Oopsie! My last post was late at night and missing details.

D4 isn't home while I work at home. She gets dropped off to the nanny, and does daycare some days.

When I'm done work, D4 really craves my attention. So much so, that it's difficult to make or take phone calls. Kids always want your attention when you're giving it to someone else. I do give her 100% and explain she needs to give mom time to make calls here & there. A fine balance. I'm learning.

D4 will adjust, just like she has in the past. Just like I have. Together we can do anything.

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
K
kml Offline
K
Girl, it's not easy being an only parent, but you are doing a bang-up job!

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard