Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
T
T
Originally Posted by ScottB
I'm fine with it, its not impacting my life at this time and I'm aware of it.

I'll take your word on that. We're of course 1,000,000 miles away--or next door? The Internet.

The conversation with her went very well; we stayed focused on my son the entire time.

Great, a productive conversation about your son's issue, without getting angry or blaming it on the D. That's definitely a step forward along the path to detachment.

I guess its like pulling the scab off of a healing wound. Its not nearly as intense as the initial cut but it does do damage.

It may never entirely go away, but as you say it'll morph from a gaping wound, to a scab, to a small scar. Glad you're at the "scab" phase already where it hurts a bit less than the "gaping wound" phase.

S
S
My dietician said I could have one beer a night.

It does not impact my day to day. I don't get buzzed or drunk. I perceive it as a non issue generally. Some of this is how I was brought up. My grandmother was a two to three scotch per night drinker and so was my grandfather. My dad typically has one to two scotches a night and then shares a bottle of wine with my mom. My brother is a heavy drinker. He hits the bourbon pretty hard and could slow down.

So in my little world a beer or two a night is not a big deal. My Ex used to have about 3/4ers a bottle of prosecco nearly each night - I thought that was a lot. Anyhow, I don't think I have an issue. I love to workout and the days after a night of drinking out mess up my workouts. Those are the kind of things I'm doing more. Going to the bar with friends once a week and drinking more than I feel like I should. But I'm fine with it, its not impacting my life at this time and I'm aware of it.

Family history is actually really important to pointing to genetics around addiction. I have a preceding family member that was an alcoholic and committed suicide. Just another reason I am determined to never ever touch the stuff again.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
job Offline

Last edited by job; 03/17/21 07:29 PM. Reason: added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard