Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
We just moved all our new patients to next month so that we are not seeing any patients in the office until February, all appointments will be virtual. My partner gets vaccinated this weekend, I get vaccinated Wednesday, two of our staff later in the month (our third staff member just found out she’s pregnant so she can’t get vaccinated! ) . I’m having all groceries delivered right now and not going anywhere but to my office. I’m telling my patients “don’t go on ladders or use power tools or do anything that might result in an accident sending you to the ER! “

I’m just trying to stay safe until my vaccine kicks in . So grateful to be able to get it.

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Btw Andrew pretty sure what your friend was doing was sex reassignment surgery in infants. This was done in cases of ambiguous genitalia in intersex babies. It has largely fallen out of use now (in part because the “assigned” gender often didn’t match the true gender or orientation of the child). Intersex activists have brought this change about.

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Donated 4 boxes and 5-6 big bags of clothes and household items today. Nowhere near minimalism but definitely feeling inspired to get rid of more extraneous belongings!

18 miles into my thousand mile challenge, plan go get another 3-4 miles in today. My business partner got her first vaccine today, she’s so happy. Mine will be Wednesday. Can’t come soon enough.

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Also cleaned a whole box of books out of my bookshelves! I’m on a roll! (Wish I could get into using Kindle but I just prefer paper books. )

A
A
Originally Posted by kml
Also cleaned a whole box of books out of my bookshelves! I’m on a roll! (Wish I could get into using Kindle but I just prefer paper books. )
My upstairs hall used to be lined on both sides with book-cases with the books double-stacked in them. About 45% of them went to my ex. When S moved in with all of her books I did a hard purge to make room and am now down to about 3 bookshelves.

It was telling to me at one point that the books were at one point covered with a thick layer of dust. There is just such an overwhelming amount of content out there that going back to re-read my old friends never happened so I don't (much) regret the forced down-sizing of my library.

I switched to an e-reader (Kobo) quite a few years ago and there's no going back for me. It's nice to be able to do what I did yesterday and sit in the tub (it's waterproof) and read. The big drawback of it - other than occasionally being frustrated by a dead battery is that it conceals the height of my to-be-read pile. I also have a paranoia about the books that I do have electronically vanishing over time. Technology moves on but the printed page endures.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
We had a massive county wide power outage once and I just think - if all my books were electronic, I wouldn't have been able to read through the apocalypse lol!

Last edited by job; 01/11/21 06:21 PM. Reason: edited for kml
D
D
I'm totally with kml on this one. I can't seem to get into Kindle or any of those other readers. I want to feel, smell, touch those books while I'm reading. I am an avid reader, but do not have a vast collection, as I try to keep my personal library to just those favorites that I will read and re-read over and over again. My "daily reading" is usually books purchased on the cheap from a library book sale or given to me by friends and I tend to pay those forward when I'm finished with them. I do have a small personal library. It has a large series (and a couple of sub-series) of a book I discovered awhile ago that I just find extremely powerful, positive, and uplifting. I also have a couple of old favorites, along with a few self-help/inspirational type books. Like I said, I don't keep a huge personal library over time outside of books that have a specific meaning to me, but I'm constantly reading books then passing them on to my mom, friends, co-workers...whoever needs a new (to them) read. Of course, Andrew, I'm not a bath tub reader, so if I were, that might sway me the other direction. I'm a shower girl, but if we get a hot tub on our back deck at some point, I may become a tub reader. wink

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Got my first shot of the Moderna vaccine today! Yay! No symptoms at all so far tonight. I’m so relieved to get it.

Now to plan out my decluttering projects for this weekend..... wink

P
P
Yay! Congrats on getting dose 1! What a relief. Hope is on the horizon! I got the moderna one too. Zero side effects day one and was able to hike 17 miles the day after. I hope you continue feeling great! Have fun decluttering!

Me- 30's H- 40's
T-10 M-5
I moved out b/c he wanted space- June 15
D filed by H: September 16
job Offline
Congratulations on getting the shot! My 87 year old mother gets hers on Monday. I can't wait for her to get it.

Sounds like you are on a roll with your decluttering projects. Good for you!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard