L
L
What’s up diggity dog?

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by LH19
What’s up diggity dog?

Just livin' the dream my man. Thanks for asking. Things have been all over the place with no shortage of excitement. But the short version is not much has changed. Except we started having a lot of sex at the studio which was fun but meaningless. My trip to the coast was good, caught my limits of ling cod and rockfish, hiked up a cliff that I normally would "nope" out of due to fear of heights and having the coordination of a drunk water buffalo. Started dry January and a 30 day yoga challenge with the new year and was really enjoying it. Then on Monday night I broke a rib while sparring in jiu-jitsu. Talk about a let down. I drove to the ER, wife told me not to and that she would take me but being a man I didn't listen. So since then we've been at the house together and things have been very "normal" like nothing had changed. But that isn't a good thing because she's doing things that are bugging me that I used to put up with and now I don't feel like putting up with them anymore. It's like a reminder of what things were really like vs. the rose colored memories. I'm not doing/saying anything about it for now though. FIgure I'd wait until I'm off the narcotics before doing anything rash. Ultimately I'm coming to the realization I am not happy and probably haven't been for a long time. And I want to be happy again. And my current, somewhat depressed, slightly impaired, and very frustrated mind is telling me is that being happy and being with her are mutually exclusive. So there's that. Still not drinking though and am planning on doing the yoga challenge once I am able to put shoes one without having to get up the nerve first.

L
L
Sorry about your rib. The rest is interesting to say the least. Zero expectations. Yep. There is a saying around here that the only difference between the WW and a LBS is timing. Your GAL seems strong. Any more thoughts about wrapping up the love nest moving back home full time and letting her decide what she’s going to do?

S
OP Offline
S
Sorry about your rib. The rest is interesting to say the least. Zero expectations. Yep. There is a saying around here that the only difference between the WW and a LBS is timing. Your GAL seems strong. Any more thoughts about wrapping up the love nest moving back home full time and letting her decide what she’s going to do?

Do you mean wrapping it up for both of us or for me to not go there anymore and to make her live there full time? Because right now as soon as I'm moving better, my plan is to go there for an extended period of time and letting her deal with these crazy little crotch-goblins (who I love dearly) full time!

Last edited by SaltyDog; 01/08/21 04:15 PM.
L
L
Originally Posted by SaltyDog

Do you mean wrapping it up for both of us or for me to not go there anymore and to make her live there full time? Because right now as soon as I'm moving better, my plan is to go there for an extended period of time and letting her deal with these crazy little crotch-goblins (who I love dearly) full time!

Nope. I mean take your house back and let her go there permanently if she so chooses.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by SaltyDog

Nope. I mean take your house back and let her go there permanently if she so chooses.

Can I go there permanently? (he says half-jokingly....)

L
L
I had hopes for you Dog.

S
OP Offline
S
I had hopes for you Dog.

I know, I know. Just wishful thinking and being tired physically and mentally makes it seem attractive to get outta Dodge. Won't actually do it though.

L
L
Is there a reason you won't take your home back?

T
T
Hi SaltyDog, abandoning the family home to let her deal with the "crotch-goblins" full time would simultaneously reduce your chances of reconciliation and give you a lesser relationship with the kids (which would be notable in a D). If R is no longer as important to you, that latter consideration seems key.

If you re-take your home, you get to be with your kids 100% of the time, minus whatever time you/she chooses to go out for quiet time or activites, until the rental expires or she solves that issue.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard