Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
job Offline
If you can "gently" prod him along with a simple email reminder, that should do it.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
DnJ Online
D
Hello Can

I’m suspecting the letter was to be sent back to you via email. Ensure your filter hasn’t incorrectly cataloged it. Check the junk/spam folder just to make sure, this probably is a new, and possibly unrecognized, domain name.

If you find it there great. Place his email or domain on the white list.

If not, no big deal. It’s ok to email a follow up, just like job suggested. He could have forgot, and then would appreciate the reminder. (That just happened to me today.)

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks Job, DnJ.

Job: I think I'm the one that needed the "gentle prod" to give him the friendly nudge...lol..

Although it's just a follow up email, and I know he's going to follow through, there's always that passive side of me that doesn't want to bother/bug anyone. But like DnJ said, maybe he forgot and will appreciate the reminder.

I sent a follow up email, 5pm here. Better late than never. I gave him a lot of time to reply, and I do recall his wife, saying that she has to remind him often to follow up on things. Let's hope this is another one of those times.

I love getting advice here, even if it's not MLC related. Guess this could count as my own MLC?...
Not really a crisis, more like an egg that'll be sitting on until it hatches. So many ducks!

Last edited by CanBird; 01/09/21 03:12 AM.

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Mar returns stuck here C19 Lckdwn
Apr he leaves for work until Nov
Oct D FINAL 2020
Living MY Happiest Life Ever
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
And the dr just replied back...

"Oh I missed this, I'm glad you emailed me again! I will take care of it tonight or early tomorrow when at printer. "

So glad I emailed too!

Thanks again DB gang.

DB also stands for Dilemma Busters in my books wink

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
The letter came! (Letter of Employment for Loan Consultant/L.C.

At 11:30pm my boss emailed it to me. I just happened to look at my phone before midnight. He changed the wording of the letter slightly, which is fine. The bulk of what it needed to say is there, same information L.C. asked for.

I'm SO happy! Can't wait to email this off to L.C. in the morning! I don't want to now incase her phone dings...lol...

At some point, part of this loan process requires me to take a course, (another duck..lol..) a short one, like few hours There is a test involved too. I was actually excited when L.C. told me about it. Everything else that's involved in the loan process I'm aware of, and ready to put the rest of the ducks where they need to be.

FEELING MIGHTY

And to all a good night

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
D
DnJ Online
D
Good Morning Can

I’m glad you have letter in hand.

The ducks are aligning.

Good for you.

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Today D4 had a few moments of sadness. At times, she's a ball of emotions; Covid doesn't make things easier. One moment she's happy, then in a rage, when not getting her way, then crying, stomping off. (she's thrown things, luckily they have been soft things, a few not so soft. She gets told, it's not okay to throw anything at anybody.)

D4:.."I just need alone time...".... So she took a self-time out, sat in the big glider chair in her room. I looked in on her and she was hugging a framed family photo of the 3 of us. It broke my heart. I came in and kneeled down in front of her, and she was crying. That almost stopped my heart.

D4: "It's just that... ...it's all new for me. I have all these feelings that I've never had before".

I told her I feel that way too sometimes, and how it's so important to let those feelings out, to talk to mommy or (other family or friends) and get hugs if you need them or cry. It's all okay it is new and confusing. YOU are SO loved. Remember that. And everyone that loves you may not be here in this room, but we can call them anytime. (or video etc etc)...

D4: "I miss daddy". Me: "Do you want to call him or leave a video msg? Whatever you want. D4: "No".
Me: "Do you want to call anyone else? Maybe ... G or A, or uncle? D4: "Yes,,, I want to call uncle. Not right now, but later. I want to go outside for awhile."

Uncle is XH brother/BIL. We txt him first (as we do with everyone, to see if they are available) then D4 talked to him. She does fine on the phone alone, I'm always within ear shot, but I give her space. I did have to take over for a second when she started talking to her uncle about mommy & daddy being divorced.

Me to BIL: "Hi... yeah, so we had the talk...... she gets it mostly, fine with it... for a 4 yr old....
BIL: "I haven't heard anything from him..."
Me: "Well,..... if you ever want to talk, I'm available anytime..."
BIL: "Yeah, I'd like that..."
Me: "Okay. We'll talk more, but here's D4 back okay.."

As they finished their conversation and I could tell that a weight had come off her shoulders. I sat with her and they shared all the family and friends they know that are divorced. For a 4yr old, she is so mature for her age.

D4 to BIL: "Well, you know, I'm not the only kid with divorced parents... and that's okay smile " With a smile she says it.

SO proud of her. It's only been a week since I broke the news to her about her dad. So many questions and a lot that I don't have answers too. Or the truth of what I do know isn't appropriate at this time. For now, we both wonder where he is and we are not the only ones that wonder.

After D4 finished with BIL, I let him know when I would be able to talk more freely with him, and we plan to do so in a few days.

BIL said he's pizzd at XH. "He ghosted me all last year, and I told him, if you're going to go anywhere, just tell me! I haven't heard ANYTHING from him! I want to know what's going on!"

Me: "I know... and pls know that you're not alone, you're not the only one."

I'm looking forward to having an open conversation with BIL. I don't know what I can tell him that he doesn't already know, (i.e. XH is REALLY hard to get a hold of! But everyone is feeling that). but I'm sure interested in hearing what he has to say and I feel like this is a conversation that's way over due, because we both care about XH. I don't hate him, I dislike what he did and is doing, but I'm not a hater.

Ps- All other ducks are getting along swimmingly smile And I'm still sitting on one egg wink

Stay tuned.....

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
Hi Can!

You have really been kicking it and taking names!

I'm sorry your sitch has taken this turn but you have used it to focus on your D4 and sound strong.

Keep it up!

ME47 XH44, S28 S24 S19

8/17-BD
IHS: 1/17-2/19
D FILED (ME): 7/19
D FINAL: 10/20
M23 T25
OW CONFIRMED: 01/21

Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
D
DnJ Online
D
Well done mommy.

And uncle was spot on to list all the other kids they know with divorced parents. D4 is not alone with her feelings. She realized it’s ok; which is a very good thing.

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
K
kml Offline
K
She's a very smart little cookie. ((((Hug)))) Really, it tells you all you need to know about your ex, that he's willing to put his desires above those needs of his daughter. Coward.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard