Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
K
kml Offline
K
D4 actually said, "so you could find someone else and get married! And I could have a new daddy?" She was excited at this news.)

This tells you everything you need to know. She misses having A daddy, maybe, but not so much HER daddy. Sad, but to be expected - I mean, at her age, if he never came back, she would hardly remember him when she’s older.

Sounds like that conversation went as well as it possibly could. Good job.

C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by kml
D4 actually said, "so you could find someone else and get married! And I could have a new daddy?" She was excited at this news.)

This tells you everything you need to know. She misses having A daddy, maybe, but not so much HER daddy. Sad, but to be expected - I mean, at her age, if he never came back, she would hardly remember him when she’s older.

Sounds like that conversation went as well as it possibly could. Good job.

Thanks kml. I do feel this went well. D4's words did reveal a lot to me. I have to agree, that at her age, she's not going to remember a lot of this. Sadly, that may include not having memories of her dad. Very glad she remains lighthearted about the situation.

I started a new journal for D4. It's a New Year after all. BIG things are happening, and I want her to be able to look back and read for herself what was going on with her in 2021. Hopefully I can keep up the entries!

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Mar returns stuck here C19 Lckdwn
Apr he leaves for work until Nov
Oct D FINAL 2020
Living MY Happiest Life Ever
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Journaling: No sleep for me last night. Trying not to make mountains out of mole hills... but the stress/anxiety is there.

I've been working on getting my ducks in a row.... one of those ducks includes having a "letter of employment" signed by my current employer. This letter is needed for the Loan Consultant I've been speaking with.

Last night, I got an email from my boss, regarding the back from holidays schedule. He had warned us that hours would be cut for some, as it wasn't looking that busy in the New Year. I have no hours for the next 2 weeks.

What now with the "letter" for the loan? (I'll be talking with Loan Consultant about this for sure). I NEED this letter asap as part of my loan application to get me qualified. It's my first time, on my own, so please excuse me, as this process is all new to me. But I do know, I need that letter.

I was planning on presenting it to my boss in person, but now hours are cut. Another option, could be to text/email him and see if I can meet him for 5 mins after work hours. Last option, is to just email the letter to him and he can decide what to do with it.

Either way, I need that letter.

Thoughts?

*Please be gentle.

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
G
G
Can, are you worried you aren't going to have a job anymore or that you are scared to ask him without being in person?

It's just a letter to a bank. It's not the IRS. Just tell him you need one for your mortgage lender and that it's not anything that obligates him to meeting a certain number of hours.

I believe I will see the bounty of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord with courage.
Be stouthearted, and wait for the Lord.
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Gerda
Can, are you worried you aren't going to have a job anymore or that you are scared to ask him without being in person?

It's just a letter to a bank. It's not the IRS. Just tell him you need one for your mortgage lender and that it's not anything that obligates him to meeting a certain number of hours.

Hi Gerda, Scared of WHAT IF? (I send and he doesn't sign) Scared to ask him without it being in person.. silly right?

I KNOW better than to make a mountain out of mole hill. All day yesterday I talked positive about him and that he'd do this for me, he likes me as a person, always says we're a lot a like... we're nice people.

You're not the first person the tell me "it's just a letter...lol.... a standard bank letter at that.

I will just email it to him. Nothing ventured, nothing gained right? It's just a letter. smile

*Not worried about the job. I've got a plan B. That's another "Duck", that's just an egg at the moment. *

I live in Oz. Some days (like today), I'm the cowardly Lion.
Most days, like the last 2 years, I've been the Scarecrow (If I only had a brain) & the Tin Man (broken heart, but big).
D4 is my Dorthey.

I did not sleep much last night, so whatever I write may not make sense

Off to put together an email for boss. That I will keep short & simple. No classic movie references. Just business.

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
My boss replied, "No problem will do", to my request for a letter of employment. (He just has to sign what was drafted)

Because my hours have been cut, I wasn't sure (scared/worried) he might not sign it. HOWEVER. he knows my situation, he likes me as a person, and I know he's got a big heart that would help me out however he could.

And as I was sending his email off, I got an alert about another job prospect (aka duck egg) More $$....well see!!

Stay tuned!

Wow. Amazing how this day is turning around!

Ps- One of xh closets friend's text me. I called the friend and updated him on our D status. I less person in the dark.

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
D
DnJ Online
D
Hello Can

Originally Posted by CanBird
My boss replied, "No problem will do"

Oh, I like this guy.

Hi Gerda, Scared of WHAT IF? (I send and he doesn't sign) Scared to ask him without it being in person.. silly right?

Not silly at all.

This is new uncharted territory for you, of course there will be trepidation and some fear. Now that it is behind you, the next letter would not be so triggering.

I am glad you got the letter and another step closer to your loan. Yay!

Wow. Amazing how this day is turning around!

Best quote!

I’m smiling just reading it.

Cowardly lion. Bah, no way.

You’re CanBird. A pretty darn impressive gal. Brains, guts, and heart.

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Had a dental appointment yesterday. To my surprise, XH hasn't cut me off his insurance, and seeing that it I don't have other dental coverage....(I do have Health insurance) I got fitted for a new night guard as well. Covered at 70%, after my routine cleaning (100% covered). Worth what I do have to pay in MHO. D4 is fully covered under XH. I would always check before any appointments anyways.

And this....

Waiting for my boss to send me a Letter of Employment, that my loan consultant requested.

Monday: Office closed. I sent it via email, and replied, "No problem, will do"

Tuesday: Work day. He emailed me, had a question about the hrs, would they accept a letter he wrote, I answered I'll check... and replied again with a revised letter, hrs left blank.

Wednesday: Work day. Nothing

Thursday: Normal day off. He's married, has 5 kids. It's a day off.

Friday. I want to email him to get this moving. I feel like I've waiting long enough.

"Hi Dr. I'll be speaking with my Loan Consultant again, she'll be needed that letter before Saturday afternoon if possible.

Again, appreciate this.

Hope you N and the kids have a great weekend."

~CanBird~

Too much? Too little? Send ? Don't Send?

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
job Offline
CanBird,

If your Loan Consultant really needs the letter tomorrow, here is what I would post to him: "Dr., is there any way that you can prepare and send to my Loan Consultant the Letter of Employment by 10:00 a.m., Saturday, January 9th<
Thank you for assisting me in this matter. Have a pleasant weekend.

However, if it can be done Monday, then I would change the date and time to reflect Monday's date/time.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Last contact with Loan Consultant (L.C.) was Monday (He'll sign), then Tuesday, dr had a question & I replied to him.

She hasn't contacted me for updates, and has only expressed the need for the letter, "the sooner, the better", no actual date attached.

I'm just impatient and want things to move along with this loan. I do have to understand, I really do, that people have lives, and he has a business he's running and a family.

I know he'll do this, as he is a man of his word kind of guy. Maybe he forgot? I don't want to bug the guy, but I also don't like sitting idle.

Maybe I should ask L.C. what she thinks... ?

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis