Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
I
Indy470 Offline OP
OP Offline
I
LH,

Definitely some things that I needed pointed out. Like I said it’s crazy to look back and see my defense of her behavior and justification for her actions. There are none.

My uncle used to say “if ten people tell you you’re dead, you better lay down”

Well everyone around me was telling me I was being strung along and manipulated, well I finally laid down (realized it myself).

L
L
We like to believe people especially the ones we chose to spend the rest of our lives with.

That’s part of the reason I had a big issue with your W is she just couldn’t walk a way and let you go she had to manipulate you until she was secure in her new relationship.

Your uncle is a wise man. I like to use the quote “when someone tells/shows you who they are, believe them.

Word to the wise “never let a WW wean themselves off you”.

M
M
Indy,

Happy to see you posting again - and really positive stuff.

I like to think of the journey we have been through as an extra education - in life skills. As long as you keep working on yourself and know what to look out for in future relationships, you won't go wrong.

Its common on here for people not to want to listen to the advice given. They come here looking for people to agree with them and to tell them they should keep fighting for their WW or do x y and z - That quick fix.. They then disapear or stop posting..

Its taken a while, but i'm glad you are in such a better place.

With no children, you are one of the really fortunate ones.. Go and enjoy your life smile

Previous username - Helpme123.. A name chosen at a desperate time..

Now Mr Brightside.. coming out of my cage, and doing just fine.
L
L
Originally Posted by MrBrside
I like to think of the journey we have been through as an extra education - in life skills. As long as you keep working on yourself and know what to look out for in future relationships, you won't go wrong.

100% agree with this outlook.

Its common on here for people not to want to listen to the advice given. They come here looking for people to agree with them and to tell them they should keep fighting for their WW or do x y and z - That quick fix..
The irony is the advice I give does give the LBS the best chance to recon. They are just not strong enough to believe in it.

With no children, you are one of the really fortunate ones.. Go and enjoy your life smile

Wise words from a very wise man.

Last edited by LH19; 12/23/20 02:29 PM.
job Offline

Last edited by job; 01/03/21 07:54 AM. Reason: added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard