Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
N
OP Offline
N
Steve, I don’t know what the plan is. My W either talks to them with or without me. I raised the “Are you going to get divorced question” I guess it’s we don’t know. None of this makes any sense. Right before Christmas. It’s the crazy M L C mind.

Oh and Ws older sister is probably coming down to stay with us like she has every winter for the last five years.

The only thing I can think of is that W thought at BD l would bail and she would be free to carry on. But something in my gut said don’t move out, and I haven’t, and she can’t make me. Funny thing is, my L clued me in to some huge economic advantages to me the longer the delay. I don’t want to discuss, but will reveal if this is ever resolved.

Look, W could never make a plan. She could nag about stuff she could have very easily do herself, but is a huge procrastinator and just started her own business last month. So she’s balancing 1 new business (estimated taxes etc) 2 normal kid stuff which she’s neglecting 3 her sister visiting 4 her desires with Om 5 me in a Mlc mind

Every relationship discussion (I don’t iniate,) I tell her she should move out if she feels awkward, then I walk away. Her sister can still stay.

I am dB ing gal gym ic making future travel plans clearing out clutter to sell house making next years holiday plans without W etc

Everyday the pain becomes just a little less, my economic sitch becomes better I bond with my kids more etc

So here’s a funny detachment story. One night, where W usually “works late” the kids were out so I ordered Five guys for us to watch an anime movie. Well food kids and W all showed up at same time. Awkward because we didn’t get her a burger because she’s never home at this time but my kids were nice enough to give her some fries.

Me 57/W 53, M 23, T 27

D21/D17

BDay 6/29/20, ILYBINILWY

IHS 10/5/2020
S
S
Originally Posted by NickWing
Steve, I don’t know what the plan is. My W either talks to them with or without me. I raised the “Are you going to get divorced question” I guess it’s we don’t know. None of this makes any sense. Right before Christmas. It’s the crazy M L C mind.

Oh and Ws older sister is probably coming down to stay with us like she has every winter for the last five years.

The only thing I can think of is that W thought at BD l would bail and she would be free to carry on. But something in my gut said don’t move out, and I haven’t, and she can’t make me. Funny thing is, my L clued me in to some huge economic advantages to me the longer the delay. I don’t want to discuss, but will reveal if this is ever resolved.

Look, W could never make a plan. She could nag about stuff she could have very easily do herself, but is a huge procrastinator and just started her own business last month. So she’s balancing 1 new business (estimated taxes etc) 2 normal kid stuff which she’s neglecting 3 her sister visiting 4 her desires with Om 5 me in a Mlc mind

Every relationship discussion (I don’t iniate,) I tell her she should move out if she feels awkward, then I walk away. Her sister can still stay.

I am dB ing gal gym ic making future travel plans clearing out clutter to sell house making next years holiday plans without W etc

Everyday the pain becomes just a little less, my economic sitch becomes better I bond with my kids more etc

So here’s a funny detachment story. One night, where W usually “works late” the kids were out so I ordered Five guys for us to watch an anime movie. Well food kids and W all showed up at same time. Awkward because we didn’t get her a burger because she’s never home at this time but my kids were nice enough to give her some fries.

Well with Five Guys, there are plenty of fries to share! smile

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
N
OP Offline
N
Yeah, well I wasn’t giving her any of my fries.

Me 57/W 53, M 23, T 27

D21/D17

BDay 6/29/20, ILYBINILWY

IHS 10/5/2020
N
OP Offline
N
Ok, so D 17 high school just called. D 17 may be valedictorian or salutorian. Definitely in top 10. So W is going to bomb drop 3 weeks before Christmas and 1 week before finals. Unbelievable.

Me 57/W 53, M 23, T 27

D21/D17

BDay 6/29/20, ILYBINILWY

IHS 10/5/2020
T
T
Congratulations! I'd tell your ex-wife the good news, "The school called. D17 may end up valedictorian!" I'd also let her know, "I'm open, if you'd like to tell the kids until after finals, just let me know before Sunday." I would not pressure, guilt, persuade, negotiate, etc. Those tend to backfire spectacularly. If she opts to tell them with you on Sunday, remember you have a hand in how easy or traumatic that experience is.

N
OP Offline
N
She’s not XW. She’s W.

Right now we are watching “Spirited AWay” eating Poke like everything is normal. Me, D21, D17, and W. And dog.

Very bizarre.

Me 57/W 53, M 23, T 27

D21/D17

BDay 6/29/20, ILYBINILWY

IHS 10/5/2020
L
L
Your W likes eating cake Nicky. Wondering why you’re not out doing your own thing?

S
S
She’s not XW. She’s W.

Right now we are watching “Spirited AWay” eating Poke like everything is normal. Me, D21, D17, and W. And dog.

Very bizarre.

She is your STBXW. Your MR as you knew it is over. You really need to embrace that. IF you get the opportunity with her then you have to forge a new MR. MR2.0. If she stays and you try to go back to business as usual then you will be setting yourself up for BD#2.

Why aren't you out GAL?

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
N
OP Offline
N
I don’t know why we are having the conversation. I asked again today, and she said we already talked about this.

Maybe I’m getting served papers. That would require a lot of effort on her part, and I don’t see it but I could be surprised. I know somebody is whispering in her ear, but she is not getting accurate info. I know what she thinks she is entitled to, but she is wrong, the facts and the law are on my side.

told her she needed to file her estimated taxes by January 15, she was like what????

What’s frustrating is that someone you completely trusted is now your adversary.

Me 57/W 53, M 23, T 27

D21/D17

BDay 6/29/20, ILYBINILWY

IHS 10/5/2020
L
L
told her she needed to file her estimated taxes by January 15, she was like what????

So Nick this is what you should work on. You’re not her father. She’s a big girl and if she is going to D you she needs to put on her big girl panties and take care of these things herself.

Of course she has the om in her ear pushing her through the process. The law is the law so that will all work itself out.

You would be be surprised about the motivation of a WW spouse.

I would try to gain clarity before going into the convo Sunday so you are not blindsided.

Why she wants to have this convo 3 weeks before Christmas is beyond me. It can’t wait until the New Year? OM must really be pressuring her for it.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard