Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks. I have been taking D and C and now I’m going to add zinc to the list. Just going to do what I can to prevent it or at least make it mild. It’s just a while other load of worry and considerations and accommodations to make right now. I’m supposed to be getting my surgery on dec 3rd too. That will be exactly 2 weeks. I need to stay symptom free and I need a negative test! I feel bad for those who I know are positive. The one who was my exposure has 3 kids at home. She’s my age. She’s also had cancer in the past and has anxiety ( I help her medical anxiety offen) and I feel awful, this must have her so upset. One is our young student. He’s pretty symptomatic. Another is 66. Gearing up for retirement. She’s a healthy 66, but still. And then the other are TBD.

D13 in dramatic teenage fashion is devastated by what this is doing to her social life, and I understand. She was kind of nasty with me because I wouldn’t take her for a
Covid test to prove she didn’t have covid so she could see her friends. I explained to her when the viral load is high enough that you will see a positive. So a test in the next few days isn’t going to be accurate. She was really mad at me . We went to bed and she came in my room around 11pm feeling really bad for being nasty to me. She asked if we could watch a Christmas movie together the next night and I said of course, everything is fine between us.

My regular social worker is back today and she has a choice of moving office, but she wants to stay with me and I’m happy with that. We make a good team and it would be too difficult to make happen on another floor. I bleached desk like 50 times over for her and everything she might touch .

Ahhh, the life of an essential worker, especially a healthcare worker. They will have you there working unless you have a limb falling off, and they would probably see it back in, tell you to take 2 Tylenol and come in!

kml #2908827 11/18/20 12:09 PM
B
B
Originally Posted by kml
Make sure your vitamin D level is at least in the 40’s - the data on Vitamin D is pretty convincing.

Don’t be too hard on your friends during this pandemic - it’s affecting everyone in weird ways. I’d reserve judgment until times are more normal.

((((Hug))))

I needed to hear this as I actually have deleted a particular friend from my phone, as I feel covid has been used as an excuse on more than one occasion. perhaps I'm being too harsh.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
B
B
G, I pray that you are negative. Keep the faith honey.

I completely hear you on the ll = touch and the total lack. Given all that's been going on lately in my life, being able to be held would be amazing. I haven't had that for almost 6 years. I've forgotten what that's like.

{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
job Offline
Hope you feel better soon. Praying that you are negative. Stay safe as much as you can.

New Thread:

Keep f*%king going

Last edited by job; 11/21/20 04:52 PM. Reason: added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard