Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2908031 11/09/20 07:31 PM
J
Jeep74 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
There are some on here that will remember my threads on Harley Quinn - I guess that too much time has passed and I'm not able to find them to link. For those that do remember, you will be glad to know that she's made a full - but long - recovery from the back injuries she received in her car wreck.

It's funny how we pick up after all this time like it was yesterday. I was in the middle of a football game this past Saturday when I get this knock at my door. And there she was, out of the blue. To say I was floored would be to put it mildly. I told her she took at chance at me not being home but her answer was straight HQ - she knew I'd be glued to the TV watching my alma mater's football team. What a complete and pleasant surprise.

She recently moved from the west coast to this side of the country to be closer to her son, which puts her a couple of hours from where I live. We finished the game and went to a local wings joint for dinner and beer, finished by a walk down our famous River Street. We talked for hours on that bench by the river - so long, in fact, that we watched the sun come up. We spent a bit of time talking about how we met - about how my friend "introduced" us while she was deployed to Iraq (2006) and to the party at his place where we met face to face for the first time. Unbeknownst to me, he set up the whole party so we could meet - and sort of a homecoming for her.

There's more to the story that I'll add later. The sun always rises.

Son 8 and Daughter 6

Long time poster returning to a new scene
K
kml Offline
K
Wow!

job Offline
I remember your postings of Harley Quinn. I'm glad she's recovered from her injuries....and welcome back!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
J
Jeep74 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by job
I remember your postings of Harley Quinn. I'm glad she's recovered from her injuries....and welcome back!

Thanks, ya'll. I lurk every now and then but haven't posted in quite a while. This place really helped me back then - my divorce is a distant memory and the only regrets I have is getting involved with the ex-wife in the first place. But then again, I wouldn't have my two kids... I've met a few from here face to face and have now one I'm proud to call a best friend. Great people here.

More on the Harley story when I have a little more time.

Son 8 and Daughter 6

A
A
Tell doodler I said "hi" and that he can do the "doodler was right dance" laugh

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
J
Jeep74 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by AndrewP

I haven't spoken to Doodler in quite some time - since I was on here last, I believe. Refresh my memory on what he was right about?

Son 8 and Daughter 6

J
Jeep74 Offline OP
OP Offline
J

Haven't talked to Doodler in quite a while - the last time I was here, I believe. Refresh my memory on what he was right about.

Son 8 and Daughter 6

A
A
Originally Posted by Jeep74
Haven't talked to Doodler in quite a while - the last time I was here, I believe. Refresh my memory on what he was right about.
Pretty much everything except pregnancy crazy

I'd thought you'd connected with him on an alternate forum that involved trucks of some sort and might have gotten his coordinates. No worries. He's not been on here in quite a while.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
D
D
Glad you got HQ back again.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
J
Jeep74 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Jeep74
Pretty much everything except pregnancy crazy

I'd thought you'd connected with him on an alternate forum that involved trucks of some sort and might have gotten his coordinates. No worries. He's not been on here in quite a while.

Haha. No babies here. We haven't talked on that for a while - never met him in person, but have a few others. That forum is still up and running, though.

Son 8 and Daughter 6

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard