Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks all. You had it right Dawn... I was talking about TDH’s XW’s OM... that’s a lot of letters so I can see where the confusion comes from. Bottom line... I think she is pretty miffed that he is the one with an SO and she is the one who is on her own with no boyfriend. I don’t think that is how she anticipated things turning out.

My suspicion, from what he has told me about his ex, is that she might try to be a problem... but she doesn’t know who she is dealing with yet...lol. I don’t think I have ever felt so secure in a new relationship... not just because of how he treats me but, even more so, because of how I feel about myself. I am 100% falling in love with TDH, no doubt, but I am so different now. I don’t think I will ever again be in a relationship with the mindset that the other person is “the one” or that it is going to last forever no matter what. I know that regardless of how things go, I am strong and I will be just fine. It doesn’t mean that I will love him less than I did XH...but I think it means that I will love him different...more consciously and with a lot more self differentiation. Does that make any sense? I just feel like I have this inner strength that I didn’t have before and that if he were to suddenly change his mind about us tomorrow, I would be sad and disappointed but not destroyed. So I am super calm about everything and I think that just ups his attraction to me. When I meet his ex, whether that happens this weekend or another time, I think she is going to realize that pretty quickly. I don’t feel any competition with her or any need to stake my claim, so to speak. I’m just going to be my friendly self and if she doesn’t like me, it will be because she doesn’t want to like me.

RE: his son. His son had a fit the first time he tried to come over because for some reason, he was super scared that his dad was moving and not coming back. Since then, it’s been fine. TDH thinks it has actually been good for his kids for him to be away for short periods of time as it has forced his ex to step up and do some problem solving on her own without constantly calling him to come in and rescue her.

I talked with TDH today and it sounds like his ex might be taking his daughter trick or treating and he and I will be spending some time with his S11. So...we’ll see how it goes. I know I will meet everyone eventually and I’m not in a rush at all. Just taking one day at a time and enjoying spending time with TDH when I see him. TBH...I’m kind of enjoying the LDR. We get to spend some concentrated time together but in between, can focus on our kids and our other responsibilities. In the beginning, I wasn’t sure if I would like it but it’s actually been really good. smile

D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard