Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
D
Originally Posted by kml
A daytime coffee date does not require an “I’m home safe” text.

I was going to say... lol. Unless she lives in Pakistan or one of the lawless free for all “autonomous communities” in Seattle or Oregon or someplace, or it’s a huge snow storm or thunderstorms or something, it’s not like a high risk commute. I’ve always thought, what’s the point. It’s really just more an excuse to make contact and as LH says, a way to potentially gauge interest. Who checks on us all of the other times we travel from point A to point B? If out with your buddies do you text each other to say “I made it home safely”. Lol.

So it appears both of you are at least interested enough in a second date. A picnic, hmmmmmmm, as a real first date. Hmmmmmm, might be a bit intimate and pressure. Activities are sometimes easier to navigate as you have things to do, things to comment on or react to. A picnic is much more intimate and relies totally on the two of you to carry it and do the heavy lifting. Just my take on it. Although if it goes well it may point to greater potential than an activity where you basically just need to show up rather than show up AND bring your A game.

Just remember it’s only a second date. Far too soon to be even considering putting all your eggs into his basket.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
T
T
Originally Posted by DonH
Activities are sometimes easier to navigate as you have things to do, things to comment on or react to.

I agree--hopefully, Mr. Romeo puts thought into the picnic venue! My last three picnic dates--one involved a stroll around a rose garden (dud), the other a short hike to a lake (romantic), the third.. a secluded spot. (:

K
kml Offline
K
I would normally agree with Don about the picnic date being too much pressure for a first date, but given Covid, it's probably the safest setting for a date right now.

As for the "text me to let me know when you get home" stuff - it IS chivalrous if it's an evening date, especially if alcohol was involved. The truth is, it's a dangerous world out there for women. On the other hand, the feminist in me kinda wants to shout "How do you think I get home all the OTHER nights?" lol. No, really, guys, it's a thoughtful touch even if it's at night, a bit unnecessary like opening a door or pulling out a chair, but generally appreciated and taken as a sign of good manners.

L
L
Lol. Ok so yes no “I’m home text” is required. You guys are 100% percent without out a doubt absolutely positively correct.

Now if you actually listened to canbird she said she wanted to let him know she was interested without being to forward.

Soooooo I suggest next time sending a text “ I made it home safe and had a good time”. Shows interest without being desperate.

So to clarify one more time that a “I’m home safe” text is NOT required.

K
kml Offline
K
But aside from all that, what have you LEARNED about him so far? Any red flags yet?

C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by kml
But aside from all that, what have you LEARNED about him so far? Any red flags yet?

No red flags.

I learned a lot about him. Not going to go into detail, but he talked about were he grew up, shared funny stories from his childhood, to the present. His hobbies and interests. His dog. It was one of those kind of conversations you'd have on a long flight with a kind stranger, pre-covid. I couldn't stop looking at his manly hands. Hard working, and he likes painting. I like seeing hands; they tell a story. And he's got his own sense of style! Fun and unique. I totally made note of everything he was wearing.

Well see how the next one goes...

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Mar returns stuck here C19 Lckdwn
Apr he leaves for work until Nov
Oct D FINAL 2020
Living MY Happiest Life Ever
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by kml
A daytime coffee date does not require an “I’m home safe” text.

I was going to say... lol. Unless she lives in Pakistan or one of the lawless free for all “autonomous communities” in Seattle or Oregon or someplace, or it’s a huge snow storm or thunderstorms or something, it’s not like a high risk commute. I’ve always thought, what’s the point. It’s really just more an excuse to make contact and as LH says, a way to potentially gauge interest. Who checks on us all of the other times we travel from point A to point B? If out with your buddies do you text each other to say “I made it home safely”. Lol.

So it appears both of you are at least interested enough in a second date. A picnic, hmmmmmmm, as a real first date. Hmmmmmm, might be a bit intimate and pressure. Activities are sometimes easier to navigate as you have things to do, things to comment on or react to. A picnic is much more intimate and relies totally on the two of you to carry it and do the heavy lifting. Just my take on it. Although if it goes well it may point to greater potential than an activity where you basically just need to show up rather than show up AND bring your A game.

Just remember it’s only a second date. Far too soon to be even considering putting all your eggs into his basket.

Hi DonH, thanks for your comment.

Do to Covid, I thought a picnic would be a safe thing to do, and the weather is perfect for it. Depending on where the location is, we might be able to do an activity too. (ie Bocci Ball, toss a frisbee, scrabble). Honestly, I like to do things outdoor that are creative and inexpensive. I'm not to sure what's open to the public anyway. Being a Saturday, and we live in a tourist destination, an intimate picnic away from visitors would be welcome. But, not too secluded.

It's just a date. I'm just excited to have a new adult to talk to!

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by CWarrior
Activities are sometimes easier to navigate as you have things to do, things to comment on or react to.

I agree--hopefully, Mr. Romeo puts thought into the picnic venue! My last three picnic dates--one involved a stroll around a rose garden (dud), the other a short hike to a lake (romantic), the third.. a secluded spot. (:

Hi CWarrior. I have a feeling B2 will do well. He likes to draw, paint, so I'm hoping the artist in him is thinking of a great place. As long as the weather cooperates. All you can do is go with the flow.

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by kml
I would normally agree with Don about the picnic date being too much pressure for a first date, but given Covid, it's probably the safest setting for a date right now.

As for the "text me to let me know when you get home" stuff - it IS chivalrous if it's an evening date, especially if alcohol was involved. The truth is, it's a dangerous world out there for women. On the other hand, the feminist in me kinda wants to shout "How do you think I get home all the OTHER nights?" lol. No, really, guys, it's a thoughtful touch even if it's at night, a bit unnecessary like opening a door or pulling out a chair, but generally appreciated and taken as a sign of good manners.

Hi kml, yeah, covid dates are tricky. And planning around my kiddo too. We live in a touristy place, not even sure what's open activity wise, but like most that live here, you want to get away from everyone. It is a dangerous world out there. I'm bringing a whistle with me, doubt I'll need it, but I'll have one. Not even sure where we're going, but I did ask that it's a place with a restroom..lol... Daylight meetings (we both don't like driving at night; bad vision) and no alcohol.

Manners are huge for me. I'll be watching for sure.

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
A
A
Do you have a friend who can accidentally and not on purpose just happen to wander by about an hour in?

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard