Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
CanBird #2915410 02/21/21 04:51 PM
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Journaling: My coffee date with Bachelor #2 went well. We talked for almost 2 hours. The conversation flowed, it was easy, we laughed, no awkward moments. I thought he was attractive. I enjoyed this looks; very manly. It was an afternoon meet up, outdoors. He walked me to my car as we parted. I thanked him and hugged him. He reciprocated & said.."if you'd like to do this again sometime.." me:.."Yeah,. Like wise.." and we hugged again. *I'm a hugger...it was nice*

Happy this date went well. Nice to put a personality together with the person. We both agreed, it was nice to meet someone "normal". (Based on the area we live). We swapped OLD experiences. Lol...old... that acronym cracks me up.

Neither of us texted the other that night. I was going to and thought maybe give it a day/time. Tonight for sure. Zero expectations. A friend of mine (Also a single mom , but in a relationship), said, "my advice is to stay online and keep looking. Don't wait around for something to happen. You're single until you're not". True story. I'm in no rush, it's just connecting to new people that I'm interested in.

One Fish Two Fish...

It's All Good

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Mar returns stuck here C19 Lckdwn
Apr he leaves for work until Nov
Oct D FINAL 2020
Living MY Happiest Life Ever
L
L
So C bird I will give you some advice from a mans prospective as you keep moving forward in the process. The first is to agree that you are single until you are not and never make assumptions in OLD.

Second is if you are interested in a second date when you get home you should text him and say I am home safe (he should request that you do this) and I had a really great time. Then the ball is in his court and as the man he should set up the next date.

I would wait a couple days before texting him. If he’s interested he will reach out. After a few days no harm no foul for you to reach out.

K
kml Offline
K
A daytime coffee date does not require an “I’m home safe” text.

K
kml Offline
K
And yes, let him contact you first. You already made it clear you were interested.

G
G
CanBird,

Glad you had fun. I think that’s awesome. I’ve noticed too many women are quick to commit to nothing so your friend’s advice is wise. Nothing means anything until it does.

And I concur. If someone wants to go out again, they will ask. Hope the weekend went well :-)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C

LH19: Thanks for your comment. Yes, you are single until you are not.
Our 1st date was mid-day coffee, and I wasn’t going directly home (had other things to do afterwards & pick my kid up) so I didn’t see the need to tell him when I made it home. I didn’t know when I was getting home either, other than before dark. I do see your point though, if it had been under different circumstances.
When I did get home, I hummed and hawed about texting him right away, and didn’t want to seem too eager. Was planning on messaging him the day after the date and he reached out first.
Not sure I 100% agree with who should plan what. Sharing the workload works for me. Because I have D4, and have to figure out who’s going to watch her (I have no family & XH is MLC/WAS; location unknown) I like calling the shots on what works for me, and willing to be flexible from there. *Luckily I have a village of friends that are ready and willing to help me out*. Bach2 has no kids, but has a young dog. Like I said, flexible to his needs too.

kml: Thanks for your comment. Yes, agreed, daytime coffee does not require an “I’m home safe text”. Unless it’s a REALLY strong coffee or you drank too many with no restroom in sight,…..kidding…

I’m glad I took a chance and waited for him to contact me, and he did. If not I would of text him the day after the date, said I enjoyed myself and left it at that, to see what he thought… “ball in his court”. After all, he did end the date with, “If you ever want to do this again….” I think a guy should chase a woman a little.

Georgiabelle: Thanks for your comment. I did have fun! I left with such a BIG smile on my face that it hurt. And of course, I told myself… zero expectations… it’s just coffee with a friend… that was yesterday… today is a different story..lol…

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
WHAT!?!! His text came in the late afternoon. I was out all day with D4, had just got home. Following his lead with small chat, at times I imagined we were both starring at the screen at the same time, wondering what to say next. And then the words came….

B2: I had a really good time with you yesterday
CB: I had a really good time with you too
B2: I can’t wait to see you again
CB: smiling emoji I’d like to see you again too
B2: smiling emoji (Then I ended the text with I’ll check in with you later,….etc etc… )
Hours later, after consulting with my friend, I text him and asked what he thought about meeting up again on Saturday. B2: I would love to.

I suggested a picnic. We each bring a few things to share. He’s picking the spot to meet at. (with a restroom at my request ..lol..) Haven’t figured out a time, (it will be in daylight; no sunsets for me) but the plans are basically in place. Sure I took the ball out of the court and ran with it, but I tossed it back to him. We’ll see where it ends up. I’m just happy to be making a new friend if anything. Enjoying the company of someone new

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
L
L
Originally Posted by kml
A daytime coffee date does not require an “I’m home safe” text.

Uuuummm no text is required. It’s a subtle way of showing interest. If a girl doesn’t text me when she gets home there is no second date because I assume she isn’t interested.

L
L
Originally Posted by CanBird
WHAT!?!! His text came in the late afternoon. I was out all day with D4, had just got home. Following his lead with small chat, at times I imagined we were both starring at the screen at the same time, wondering what to say next. And then the words came….

B2: I had a really good time with you yesterday
CB: I had a really good time with you too
B2: I can’t wait to see you again
CB: smiling emoji I’d like to see you again too
B2: smiling emoji (Then I ended the text with I’ll check in with you later,….etc etc… )
Hours later, after consulting with my friend, I text him and asked what he thought about meeting up again on Saturday. B2: I would love to.

I suggested a picnic. We each bring a few things to share. He’s picking the spot to meet at. (with a restroom at my request ..lol..) Haven’t figured out a time, (it will be in daylight; no sunsets for me) but the plans are basically in place. Sure I took the ball out of the court and ran with it, but I tossed it back to him. We’ll see where it ends up. I’m just happy to be making a new friend if anything. Enjoying the company of someone new

Glad it worked out for you!

T
T
That's great! Most women wait for men to take that initiative. The opposite is fun, too. A picnic has so much potential as a romantic second date! I remember my last one.. the lady brought glassware, a waterproof picnic blanket, and something home baked. I felt special and she definitely got a kiss and a third date. Hope yours is magical!

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard