Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
B
B
Wolfman,

Originally Posted by Wolfman
Ok I have a question. I think I know the answer. My girlfriend is living with me, if we break up and she asks to live in my home for 2 months do I have a right to ask her to pay rent? Not a lot like $200-$300 a month. Even if she said she would be out in 2 months? Or is it wrong because she is pregnant and only collecting unemployment?

Just my $0.02 but it does, as May22 says, seem quite petty to me if she's carrying your baby.

Just recently you broke up with her (a week after finding out she was pregnant with your child) and were looking for advice to kick her out because she threatened to burn your legal documents related to your divorce with your ex and you don't trust her with your valuables...and now she's still living with you and you're referring to her as your girlfriend ("if we break up") and asking if she should pay you a few hundred dollars on rent???

You need to decide whether you do trust her not to do those things and want to be in a relationship with her, or if you want her to move out - but don't ask her for a few hundred dollars to stay with you for two months. As someone said you may be paying child support soon enough. It's not to say you should get engaged and marry her, or that you shouldn't consult a L about the legal aspect of her living there, but don't threaten to kick the woman who's pregnant with your child out of your place for $200.

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
job Offline

Last edited by job; 11/09/20 09:02 PM. Reason: added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard