Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#2906396 10/21/20 05:37 PM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Just off the phone with a patient who has had a horrible 2020, we are all looking forward to this demon year being over! Hence the thread title.

Here's my last thread: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2900854&page=1

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
This might be a good thread for us all to start listing (and maybe manifesting) the things we want in our life in 2021.

For me: health, peace in my home, reorganization in my home (which I have already started), music (no gigs in the pandemic but I need to get back to practicing so I'll be a badass when the pandemic leaves). I won't lie, many of these things will be easier to achieve once CMM has passed, which will likely be an event in 2021, although one never knows.

A
A
Originally Posted by kml
many of these things will be easier to achieve once CMM has passed, which will likely be an event in 2021, although one never knows.

[clang]

Bring out your dead!

CUSTOMER: Here's one.

CART MASTER: Nine pence.

DEAD PERSON: I'm not dead!

CART MASTER: What?

CUSTOMER: Nothing. Here's your nine pence.

DEAD PERSON: I'm not dead!

CART MASTER: 'Ere. He says he's not dead!

CUSTOMER: Yes, he is.

DEAD PERSON: I'm not!

CART MASTER: He isn't?

CUSTOMER: Well, he will be soon. He's very ill.

DEAD PERSON: I'm getting better!

CUSTOMER: No, you're not. You'll be stone dead in a moment.

CART MASTER: Oh, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.

DEAD PERSON: I don't want to go on the cart!

CUSTOMER: Oh, don't be such a baby.

CART MASTER: I can't take him.

DEAD PERSON: I feel fine!

CUSTOMER: Well, do us a favor.

CART MASTER: I can't.

CUSTOMER: Well, can you hang around a couple of minutes? He won't be long.

CART MASTER: No, I've got to go to the Robinsons'. They've lost nine today.

CUSTOMER: Well, when's your next round?

CART MASTER: Thursday.

DEAD PERSON: I think I'll go for a walk.

CUSTOMER: You're not fooling anyone, you know. Look. Isn't there something you can do?

DEAD PERSON: [singing] I feel happy. I feel happy.

[whop]

CUSTOMER: Ah, thanks very much.

CART MASTER: Not at all. See you on Thursday.

CUSTOMER: Right. All right.

-------------

Apologies for being macabre.

------

Originally Posted by kml
This might be a good thread for us all to start listing (and maybe manifesting) the things we want in our life in 2021.
S always does up a vision board. I've never been much of one for dreams or dreaming. I find that if I think about "what could be" too much then I become frustrated and disappointed when it doesn't happen. Looking at the one she did up for this year, most of what she was hoping to achieve, career, building savings etc just whistled right on by.

With that said, I think that my primary goal for 2021 is to find "me" again. I know where I am - hiding under this basket in the corner. Just have to let it out again.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Lol - my favorite Monty Python scene!

I have a vision board story - my friend made one, it had something to do with living near the ocean.

His house burned down, his marriage broke up and he ended up moving to Mendocino to partner in his brother's restaurant there.

he ended up living by the ocean but the way he got there wasn't exactly what he'd intended!

B
B
to that end ... in 2015 my exh was in CA on NYE, because his boss forced him to do a two week stint on the left coast starting right after Christmas. I believe OW was not in the picture as he complained about it bitterly and there hadn't been that distinct change that happened a few scant weeks later.

Anyway, it was the first year I wrote a list of intentions. Every one of them manifested, but not in the way I intended. I found that list just a few weeks ago. Be careful what you manifest and more importantly, how you manifest it.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
R
R
Hope and a reason not to give up on myself.

1st BD December 26, 2008
PA admitted to by XW December 29, 2008

2nd BD May 23, 2019
Daughter confirms EA
Divorce Finalized July 18, 2019
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Filing under “Not my circus, not my monkeys, but boy! Look at those monkeys!”:

My son mentioned casually today that his dad is on a road trip. To visit his mother (1,000 miles away) and his father (3,000 miles away).

Now, in this time of Covid, driving can seem safer than flying. Although, over such distances, that’s a lot of public restrooms and hotel rooms and I’d say it’s a toss up which exposes you more. And I get him wanting to visit his parents, who both have had health problems.

But he’s had two low back surgeries this year and driving always bothered his back. And get this - he’s taking the cat. The 17 year old indoor/outdoor cat. Not used to the car, not leash trained.

Son assumes that’s because his wife is going with him and they don’t have anyone to cat sit. But that seems so strange - impulsive and not thought through. Typical hypomanic stuff for him.

Hope he makes it back without losing the cat along the way.

B
B
i love your concern for the cat, not the whacko human.
brava

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
My friend thinks he might have seen the movie Inside Llewyn Davis. I haven’t seen it, but apparently a cat and a car are part of the story.

I realize also that he’s supposed to quarantine for two weeks upon entering New York State if he’s come from (through?) certain states. Doubt he’ll be taking this precaution (he’s not anti-science but he’s always been one to stretch the rules when it applies to him).

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
This was typical, btw, of a dynamic in our relationship - he would propose some irrational hypomanic things, and it would be up to me to be the "spoilsport" who pointed out the practical obstacles. In this situation I would have been the one asking the questions like "what if the cat gets away, because it's an indoor/outdoor cat and not going to be happy being cooped up for weeks?" and "maybe we should leash-train the cat first" and "how will we keep the cat from peeing outside the litter box in the hotel rooms since it's in a new environment?" and "Is all that driving really a good idea for you with your back problems?" and ". Then I would be the bad person who had rained on his parade.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard