Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
T
T
Originally Posted by Steve_
She threatened to take them away if I left like that.

Hi Steve, acting out of fear is not strong Steve. I sympathize as there definitely was a time when I lived in fear of my ex not following our custody schedule, boosted by hearing from other dads who'd let their ex's limit access to their kids for 6+ months and it became the status quo. That evaporated when I got an attorney. Even if they cost $500/hr, if you write efficient business-like e-mails, "She threated to take my kids away. Could she?? What would be my recourse?", a 6-minute response for $50 is well-worth the peace of mind. She had multiple plans, all ending with me getting my kids back within 7 days, and positively affecting my status/odds in future custody and support negotiations or court dates.

Your other argument--that staying with your friend would be rough on the kids--make sense. I fully support thinking about what's best for the kids. Waiting for your own place may be wise.

I also support not "provoking" your ex with further negative interactions. E.g., when you do move out I'd say "FYI, I'm moving out in 7 days." Simple, business-like communication. I wouldn't argue, justify, or add, "..and just so you know if you try to take the kids my attorney said we'd do X." You know arguing with her is your Achilles' Heal, so consider thinking through what you fear she'd say and how you'd respond if at all.

S
S
I would have to get my own place. All my money was tied up in The other home and I won’t get on my feet for about a month. It’s another month of being here in hell. Dealing with this mess. I could stay with a friend but having the kids there on my days would be rough. She threatened to take them away if I left like that. So I don’t know just vanishing will for sure provoke her. I think the best thing I can do is just hunker down and work work work for the next 30 days so I can leave to my own place.

Acting, or not acting, out of fear is rarely a position of strength. If moving in with a friend is what you want to do, then do it. This woman didn't even want to have the kids stay at her new place on her days with them...I doubt she'd try to take them away. And if she did she would not be successful. Stop worrying about what she says and does.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
S
Steve_ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yeah I was doing okay with things until she asked me to get an apartment together and she would stay there her days. That just rang the bell in my head.. “why can’t she take them where she lives?” Oh I know why, because her room mate is not just a room mate and they would find out and tell everyone and be pissed at her big time. Like I said my kids are super loyal they will rip her a new ass for that. She told me “I could bring them here but i don’t want to confuse them seeing me living with another guy.” Like 25% of me wants to believe she isn’t lying but the other 75% says she is. I think this whole ordeal was an exit affair. She found this guy and planned all this stuff out lied to us all and any time I ask questions or call out the BS she gets really pissed. It’s clear she wanted to cake eat for a few months to decide. I can’t allow that to happen. I might have gone about it wrong confronting her but I did, I told her I don’t believe her and she would need to prove to me she isn’t lying otherwise we are not cool. I have only responded to things regarding kids/work since then and she has as well. I beat myself for sending the long text message to her when I realized I was being played. It was not necessary I could have just said no to the apartment but I felt the need to explain in detail why. Needless to say she has not lifted a finger to show me I was incorrect. I think at this point she sees that I see it’s all BS and her fake niceness is gonna dissapear now that I’m not playing along.

I know I gotta walk a line between anger and niceness. Indifference is what I need right now. I do want my wife back but that’s the last thing she needs to know. As long as I continue to show emotion she wins. It’s sometimes hard to stuff it down but I guess at least everything is on the table now. /shrug

Last edited by Steve_; 10/20/20 06:47 PM.

T:11
M:10
K: D5, S7
BD: 9/1/20
WW continues to break up and recon with OM.
I paid last fees and pushed the D 5/3/2021
Default Dissolution granted 8/5/21.
Glad my D was not busted.
S
S
I do want my wife back but that’s the last thing she needs to know. As long as I continue to show emotion she wins.

Why? She is shacking up with another guy? Where is your self-esteem? Move on and don't look back.

IF she changes and shows you those changes for a really long time (MONTHS minimum), then consider taking her back.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
M
M
Yeah I was doing okay with things until she asked me to get an apartment together and she would stay there her days. That just rang the bell in my head.. “why can’t she take them where she lives?” Oh I know why, because her room mate is not just a room mate and they would find out and tell everyone and be pissed at her big time. Like I said my kids are super loyal they will rip her a new ass for that. She told me “I could bring them here but i don’t want to confuse them seeing me living with another guy.” Like 25% of me wants to believe she isn’t lying but the other 75% says she is. I think this whole ordeal was an exit affair. She found this guy and planned all this stuff out lied to us all and any time I ask questions or call out the BS she gets really pissed. It’s clear she wanted to cake eat for a few months to decide. I can’t allow that to happen. I might have gone about it wrong confronting her but I did, I told her I don’t believe her and she would need to prove to me she isn’t lying otherwise we are not cool. I have only responded to things regarding kids/work since then and she has as well. I beat myself for sending the long text message to her when I realized I was being played. It was not necessary I could have just said no to the apartment but I felt the need to explain in detail why. Needless to say she has not lifted a finger to show me I was incorrect. I think at this point she sees that I see it’s all BS and her fake niceness is gonna dissapear now that I’m not playing along.

I know I gotta walk a line between anger and niceness. Indifference is what I need right now. I do want my wife back but that’s the last thing she needs to know. As long as I continue to show emotion she wins. It’s sometimes hard to stuff it down but I guess at least everything is on the table now. /shrug

Stop focusing so much on her!!!
Plan for yourself. Talk to L about kids IMMEDIATELY if you havnt yet.
Great with the loan! Look for places you can afford. Where and what will work for you?
GAAAAAL!

OH, and you need to start a new thread.

Last edited by Mumin; 10/20/20 08:18 PM.

Me: 34
Stbxw: 30
D:5 D:3
Mini bd: May/June 2019
Married: Aug 2019
BD: 6th Dec 2019
OM Confirmed: Feb 2020
March 2020: I filed for D
Waiting for D to be finalized and W to move out end of January 2021
job Offline

Last edited by job; 10/21/20 05:36 PM. Reason: added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard