Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
B
B
great update G - I'm so thankful you're not showing signs of MRSA. What is a bleach bath - sounds ... intense?

I'm proud of you too! for many more reasons than the cutting out of alcohol xoxoxo mwah

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
D
D
Originally Posted by Ginger1
Long story short, my cultures came back with some MRSA and another kind serious bacteria... sounded like they expected me to be In septic shock or something and we’re relieved to find out I was fine, since they dropped the ball, which they tried to hide from me. Guess the universe was on my side.

OMG welcome to today’s healthcare. Way, way overpriced and often so under-delivered. So you or your insurance or someone paid for just what? What good is ordering and paying for diagnostic testing if the results are never utilized? And stories like these are so so so common. Like a friend who had a central line placed, only the anesthesiologist or someone left the guide wire and part of the sheath in his arm!!! For several years!!!! He had multiple CT scans that dictated in the narrative there appears to be a foreign body in his arm. Finally after repeated complaints it was figured out. His court trial is scheduled to start next week unless there is a last minute settlement.

Yeah, it’s also on the patient to call back and say “how did my blood tests and cultures turn out?” And no you didn’t do that but what the ever lovin F. It has gotten so anyone going through our broken healthcare system needs a knowledgeable advocate along side of them at all times. In fact I think that would be a great business. No, insurance probably wouldn’t cover it, then again it might be able to be demonstrated that they save money on all the missed items. I know there are people out there would gladly hire a knowledgeable person to walk them through it and check up on things just like they hire a financial planner or other types of consultants.

Good thing it cleared. You knew in your gut that this was more than just poison ivy yet how many license practitioners tried to convince you otherwise? And then the one that was smart enough to know it was more than poison ivy never followed up. Yet we are constantly told to trust the science and trust the experts with Covid! AS IF!!!!!!!!!!

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
D
D
Well, that is just scary! I'm glad they gave you an answer, but oh my goodness...…………

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
This has been a mentally challenging week in a few ways. I think that guy did recognize me. And he looks so godawful. Yellow. Big belly with ascites. He’s not the very handsome guy I went on a date with . He’s in completely denial. And he hasn’t had one visitor . Very very sad.

D13 is reverting again. Trying to keep a 13 year old on top of her game is very exhausting. Especially alone. Caregiving is very exhausting when no one cares for you or has in a long long time. I feel at wits end. Having zero support is one of the hardest things. But what can I do??

Last minute yesterday a coworker who’s mom is in the hospital needed coverage this weekend so I volunteered. I had the weekend to myself, no work at all, but I have no life, and no one to spend my time with so I figured I could help her out. She was so thankful she cried. I get Monday and Tuesday off, so that’s a plus.

On the plus side, I was able to help 2 nice patients a d their families and they both thanked me very much for compassion and they took my name down do they can say positive things about me on the survey. I thought that was nice.

And a coworker who only works weekends whom I love worked today. And she is pregnant! She’s 28 and such a beautiful soul. And so emotionally intelligent. She is not married to the guy, he was her boyfriend in college and he moved to San Diego for grad school and they broke up, and they have been dating for the past year since they got back. He treats her like gold. She’s going to be such an amazing mommy. She said if and when she does get married, I’m invited. Yay!

Some days I am envious of others. But mostly, feel such a happiness for those who have all the love and I’m so happy when wonderful things happen to them. Good people deserve good things

K
kml Offline
K
Sorry about D13. It’s such a tough age. And a natural age to try to separate from the same sex parent. I feel you.

(((((Hug)))))

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Just when I thought my life couldn’t get any worse... it did.

My accountant made a mistake on my 2018 tax return to the tune of about 5k.

5 thousand dollars the government wants from me.

After the 2k I lost from my cruise .

After the 12k for my ruptured implant in 2019.

And it’s only me, just a nurse to deal with this.

Perhaps I should get job 3 and 4?

I am having a full on nervous breakdown. I hate my life. I really really do.

If it wasn’t for our divorce agreement, I would sell my house and move. I can’t live like this anymore.

I am seriously cursed. The black cloud is relentless.

K
kml Offline
K
What kind of mistake does an accountant make that results in a $5k bill on a nurses salary? That’s a pretty huge mistake! If they’re that incompetent, please make sure the new amount is correct before you pay it!

Really sorry about this. You’re going to be ok though. And you’ll get to move in a few years. There will be light at the end.

D
D
I’m with KML. That makes no sense. How can you even owe $5,000 in the first place? With a dependent, you should be getting some money back every year, not owing. I would double check that. Also...if this is accurate, maybe you can work out some kind of payment plan instead of having to pay it all back at once? Or go to one of those places that helps negotiate lower amounts. Not sure about the US but in Canada there are companies that will help people consolidate their debts so the payments are manageable and will approach the government to have the money owed reduced (consumer proposal or something like that?). I’ve never done it but I used to hear the advertisements for it. You could also get a small loan. Not ideal but you would pay less interest on a loan than the government would charge you in interest. I’m assuming this $5,000 includes two years worth of interest which is probably why the amount is so high. That really sux Ginger. I am so sorry this is happening to you. For what it is worth, I totally believe that good things happen to good people and you are a good person so your time is coming. Just hang in there. As KML said... there is a light at the end of the tunnel. (((HUGS)))

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
It’s really true. This is really happening to me.

I spoke to my accountant last night. It was an oversight on his pet.

I remember it clearly now. I had a rollover IRA that I pulled the money out of for the Down payment on my home . I set a certain amount aside anticipating that I would have to pay a tax penalty. I ended up pretty much breaking even so I used that money for expenses in my new house .

I only get to claim my D every other year, on the odd years. My ex gets to claim her even years.

He can do a payment play meant plan with the IRS. But I have been working my butt off to pay down debts and they just keep appearing out of no where. It’s never ending. I work like an animal and have zip to show for it.

I need to get out of this god forsaken state. There will be no relief until I do. If I told you my mortgage , you would pass out. If I told you rents relative to my mortgage. You would die. It’s not doable on a one family income.

Anyways, I appreciate you guys thinking good things are coming my way, and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

But my life has been a struggle since I was a kid. It has not been so stable, I’ve been through so much. And every time I have ever seen a light, sure as sh!t the black cloud rolls right in. I have absolutely zero reason to be hopeful about anything. And I’m also in this struggle alone.

My daughter saw my nervous breakdown last night. Unfortunately this house I pay so much for is really tiny and there is no where to hide to have a proper breakdown . I feel bad she saw it. But I lost it. And she hugged me and told me she loves me .

Some people have godawful luck. I’m one of them. And I’m done paying for my wrong doings in life.

In my 40 years this might be the lowest I’ve felt .

I have a retirement party tonight. I don’t even want to go and I was really looking forward to it. I did a very hardcore workout this morning and all of a sudden I found all the stamina I had lost. It was one hour I didn’t think about anything but breathing. It was good. I guess it’s my medication. With a heart rate of 180, lol

K
kml Offline
K
Yeah - you need a new accountant, that's a pretty big error.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard