Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I went to the dermatologist today and she took one look at me and was horrified. She said this is indeed not normal and especially for this long and I shouldn’t be suffering so much. She was indeed a little baffled. She does think it might be multiple reactions to multiple poisons. But what stumps her and me and how it’s getting worse and not better after all the steroids I’ve been jacked up woth. She took cultures and 2 biopsies and is putting a rush on everything . In the meantime, I need to take a bleach bath Every night to kill any bacteria there might be. She game me vistaril to know I me out and help the itching.

I swear, I haven’t been complaining about some run of the mill poison ivy. I am a tough chick and not much takes me out. This has really given me a run for my money. I’m not sleeping, I’m not concentrating, I can’t do much of anything, but still have to do everything . I’m struggling. It’s too hot to keep my arms covered, so when I’m in public people look at me horrified too. That’s not easy either .

In good news, I had some interesting delightful patients today. I really do love talking to them and helping them when they aren’t angry, lol. My coworkers are amazingly supportive, they know I’m not feeling well and help me keep my spirits up.

I only have Saturday off and work Sunday and Monday, but that’s ok. I’d was invited to a party Sunday, but work.

I’m really trying to keep my head up through all of this. It’s not easy. But thankfully, I still have a sense of humor even through my tears.

D
D
(((Ginger)))

I am so glad you got to see a dermatologist and that she is taking this rash seriously. Nothing about it sounded run-of-the-mill. Frankly...it sounds awful. I sure hope those biopsies and cultures give her a good idea of how to help you. No doubt you are one tough chick. All of us on here know it. Praying you get better soon. (((HUGS)))

job Offline
I'm glad you went to see the dermatologist about the rash. Sounds like you may have had exposure to several different plants while you were weeding and now they are fighting each other as well as giving you a fit. I wonder if stress is also keeping the itching, etc., going as well. Your immune system may be a bit compromised and hopefully your doctor will get to the bottom of this rash very quickly.

BTW, did she say anything to you about your laundry detergent and soap, i.e., as to stop using them or using something gentler for the time being?

I hope you feel better soon.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
D
So glad you got to see someone and hope you get relief soon. Hang in there. Positive vibes and lots of prayers coming your way.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
B
B
Originally Posted by Ginger1
I went to the dermatologist today and she took one look at me and was horrified. She said this is indeed not normal and especially for this long and I shouldn’t be suffering so much. She was indeed a little baffled. She does think it might be multiple reactions to multiple poisons. But what stumps her and me and how it’s getting worse and not better after all the steroids I’ve been jacked up woth. She took cultures and 2 biopsies and is putting a rush on everything . In the meantime, I need to take a bleach bath Every night to kill any bacteria there might be. She game me vistaril to know I me out and help the itching.

I swear, I haven’t been complaining about some run of the mill poison ivy. I am a tough chick and not much takes me out. This has really given me a run for my money. I’m not sleeping, I’m not concentrating, I can’t do much of anything, but still have to do everything . I’m struggling. It’s too hot to keep my arms covered, so when I’m in public people look at me horrified too. That’s not easy either .

In good news, I had some interesting delightful patients today. I really do love talking to them and helping them when they aren’t angry, lol. My coworkers are amazingly supportive, they know I’m not feeling well and help me keep my spirits up.

I only have Saturday off and work Sunday and Monday, but that’s ok. I’d was invited to a party Sunday, but work.

I’m really trying to keep my head up through all of this. It’s not easy. But thankfully, I still have a sense of humor even through my tears.

so when I had my bout with bug bites that turned into a hellacious thing, it turned out I was actually allergic to the steroids they gave me. Could that be the case here as well? I'm so sorry you're going through this. Did the ocean help at all?

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks! I’m having some improvement thank god. Small
Improvement , but at least it’s not getting worse. Last night I finally slept and I could have honestly slept for another 4 hours at least. It’s been a. Really rough go.

So, weirdness is happening yet again in my life. My D goes back to her dads Saturday night and he asked me to bring her because he has this wine he really wants me to try. Um, ok? So I agree. He brings it up again today and says I really can’t wait for you to try this wine, it’s so good. Then tonight he calls about something and asks me if I have plans after I drop her off. I said no and he asked me to stay and watch a movie outside on his new movie projector while I enjoy the wine?

Ummm, is my ex trying to date me? Is he trying to get me to have some kinky 3 way with him and his wife? Because I’m not into that.l
Why does he want to hang out with me so much? Oh, and we are taking D horseback riding for her birthday and he said something about not being over 225lbs to ride the horse. I said “are you asking me if I’m 225lb, because I’m not there yet!” ( I said this as a joke) and he said “ you’ll never be 225”.

This is all weird. Has me unsettled again. His wife has been talking to me a lot lately, but also seems as if she is stirring the pot a little with what she has to say in regards to his sister. And now my ex wants me to stay and drink wine and watch movies?

Is this odd to anyone else?

I can deal with being the single crazy cat lady as I have taken myself off all dating sites ready to live the life of singledom. But I don’t think I can deal with being my ex husbands and his wife’s , who was his affair partner , third wheel.

Seriously. This wasn’t supposed to be my life

K
kml Offline
K
Oh he!! no. I’m not hanging out at my ex’s drinking wine. What’s so darn special about this wine anyway? Did he stomp the grapes?

Do yourself a favor and let him know you’ve got plans that night. Even if you don’t. This weird triangulation is too creepy.

D
D
Yes, it is freaking weird! I totally agree with kml...tell him you’re busy, even if your plans are to drive back to your house and fall asleep on your couch with the tv on. It is none of his business what your plans are. No d@mn way would I hang out and drink wine with my ex and his current wife.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Maybe they became jehovahs witnesses and are trying to get me to join the cult?

Can’t just have a normal date in a Saturday night, that would be crazy!!

C
C
I sense a pyramid scheme presentation from them in your near future.

H37, W37
D4, S2
ILYBNILWY 9/19
BD 9/19
EA discovered 10/19
Currently in limbo, no D or S process initiated
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard