Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Wait. One good thing about my day. I’ve made pretty good friends with a coworker during COVID because I sat in her area. She’s the palliative social worker. She is my people. The social workers do these regular outings and get together a that the case managers aren’t invited to. They look like so much fun. Well, she has got me into the group! I’ve made a new actual friend. She said they are all going “glamping” soon, and I should come. I’m pretty excited to have a new friend and to be included in the group. I think my souls needs that right now.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
To continue the chronicles of my exciting and adventurous life:

When I thought this poison ivy couldn’t get any worse...... it has. I thought it might be something else, because usually a steroid shot would give relief, but instead, it’s getting worse . I have quite an extreme case, it seems. I’ve been texting with my doctor friend and I will live...... bit I shall suffer intently first. I am glad he gave me some peace of mind though.

My body is swollen and broken out in primarily rash. It’s a sight to see. I can’t just get a normal case of poison ivy. Noooooooo. I look like I have leprosy. And feel the same . 2020 is the gift that keeps on giving.

I just feel legit awful. My once healthy active body feels like it’s crumbling . Its truly an awful feeling.

The census guy came to my door to try to harass me. I was going to rub my weeping blisters all
Over him. But I didn’t . It’s me and the kiddo this weekend. Can’t do much. But we are fine. Tomorrow night she has a birthday party. Sunday night . 4- midnight. Please help me.

To top it all off, we found 6-8th graders will be 100% virtual. My daughter is in tears. I am worried for her. An only child who will be alone all day child to learn to come home to one parent. She’s beside herself. She thrives in school. She loves school, her teachers, interacting ..... I’m seriously worried about her. She needs school and everything it has to offer

I’m holding it all together by a thread. I look awful, I feel awful, but I’m still holding it together. This to shal
Pass, right? Hahahahaha ha!

I can only laugh these days. If I don’t sigh, I’ll cry, and trust me, I’ve done my fair share of crying

D
D
Poison Ivy?!?!? OMG Ginger... so sorry to hear that. And sorry to hear you were disappointed by that guy. Sounds like you are pretty sure clear about what you want though which is good to read.

Yes... this too shall pass. (((HUGS)))

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks, vu. I don’t just have poison ivy, I have it in the worst places imaginable. I have never been so uncomfortable in my life. It’s seriously awful. I’m getting minimal relief and had to throw out any fun activities I had plan for like my last weekend off in forever because I just can’t stand this.

And it has given me a forced hiatus from dating for a while. I’m probably going to look like I have leprosy for some time. And leprosy where you don’t want it

I do and I don’t firmly know what I want in a man/ relationship. Part of me would just love an activities partner. There is just so much I want to do/ try/places to go that just isn’t fun alone. Part of me just wants to find a chill dude woth the same interests and hang out. But then there is my schedule which is absolutely awful. Between parenting and 2 jobs, I have very random free time. It stinks. In the same breath I also want a healthy partner for a deep connection. But I feel like that is almost impossible to find. Part of me has given up on that. Doesn’t make me want it any less, it just makes me realize it is likely not in the cards for me. I’ve had one semi close experience to it since my divorce many moons ago, and that ended poorly. Other people date for a month right after divorce, and boom, find the one! It’s just happening that way for me.

I think I am just going to throw away 2020. I won’t be able to do those adventures and activities I crave. Dating is a no go. I’ll just work . And come 2021, make a better commitment to making time for myself and enjoying life.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Oh, and since I told that guy we are better off friends......

He’s oh so attentive and interest now.
Funny how that works

A
A
Originally Posted by Ginger1
To top it all off, we found 6-8th graders will be 100% virtual. My daughter is in tears. I am worried for her. An only child who will be alone all day child to learn to come home to one parent. She’s beside herself. She thrives in school. She loves school, her teachers, interacting ..... I’m seriously worried about her. She needs school and everything it has to offer
Is there a way you can pair up with a bestie of her's and have them do the online learning together? We've been looking for another grade 8 kid here to do that with S13.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
K
kml Offline
K
Oh, and since I told that guy we are better off friends......

He’s oh so attentive and interest now.
Funny how that works

See? Not saying you should give him any more of your time, but this is what we’ve been telling you all along - don’t make it so easy. Don’t go all in so soon. Don’t be too available. Let the guy have to work for it a little.

The busier or less interested I was, the more interested men have been.

D
D
(((Ginger))). Poison Ivy is bad enough but d*mn girl!!! WTF?!? Hopefully it improves sooner rather than later. I cannot imagine how uncomfortable you must be. And then having to go to work on top of it. Poor you.

RE: the guy who is now attentive and more interested. Hmmm...sure you want to write him off? Seems to me you communicated a standard and now he’s rising to meet it. Isn’t that a good thing?

I hate that you think love and connection isn’t in the cards for you. Maybe there is some relief in deciding not to want it so much but geez...aren’t you only 40? I’m 52. You have 12 whole years to go before you get to where I am. It can still happen but maybe it is more likely to when you aren’t as invested in finding it?

I know... I’m one to talk...lol. There’s a reason we tend to be better at giving advice than following it...lol. Still...I am like you in a lot of ways, I think. I don’t find enjoyment in serial dating. I want somethings with substance that I can invest in...with someone who feels the same way about me. It’s out there for you Ginger. I know it is. In the meantime...take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon. (((HUGS)))

Last edited by job; 08/24/20 05:15 PM. Reason: edited language
F
F
Originally Posted by Ginger1
Other people date for a month right after divorce, and boom, find the one! It’s just happening that way for me.

I think I am just going to throw away 2020. I won’t be able to do those adventures and activities I crave. Dating is a no go. I’ll just work . And come 2021, make a better commitment to making time for myself and enjoying life.

Would you want that? To date a month after divorce and just find someone? I think you know the irrational part of that statement, very few people are in a healthy place to date a month after their divorce. It might appear so, but that's just how the outside image looks. The FB feed looks great and all, but its not real life.

I understand the frustration at how long its been doing what you've been doing. Taking care of your daughter on your own, working and providing for the both of you, the daily chores that need to get done. Its exhausting and few people see the amount of effort that's really required when you do it all. I get it [censored] and you do deserve to have that healthy companionship after all the work you've put in. But try to focus more on the positives that have come out of it. You have more self knowledge of who you are than most people gain in an entire lifetime. Which is just one item in a long list of things to be proud of, things that are attractive and will eventually catch the attention of someone worth it.

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be
D
D
I second everything Fogg said Ginger. (((HUGS)))

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard