Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
L
L
Originally Posted by Georgiabelle
I met him last night and I laughed so hard I cried.

Nothing better than that feeling.

G
OP Offline
G
New Guy was in a bad place the last year of our R. He has a child the say age as my youngest. However, he was super unhappy career wise and has since found a new gig and moved out of state. He also has a side business that has taken off so he’s in a better place mentally. He basically disappeared after 2 years. He sent a text asking if I wanted to have a drink and that was it for a year. I had not seen him in over 2 years. He apologized. I accepted. And I’m very forgiving, but that doesn’t mean I would sign up for that again. But he’s not asking. It felt like 2 good friends laughing and having a good time. Which I totally enjoyed.

The guy I’ve been seeing for a month is well...probably not gonna work. Please know he treats me extremely well but he’s 12 years younger. Never been married and no kids. He’s very “old school” and romantic. Not sure what to make of this but I’m just trying to go with the flow.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
K
kml Offline
K
Well - 12 years younger isn't a dealbreaker but if he wants to have kids it's got a limited shelf life

However, if you're ok with something not being a lifetime thing, nothing wrong with having a fun relationship with somebody who treats you well. And it;s not like you have to make a decision right this minute either.

Going with the flow sounds right for you.

G
OP Offline
G
Hi KML,

Yes, I totally agree. I’ve brought that up with 12 year younger guy...let’s call him K. He said he’s not really interested in having kids. I understand that peeps change their mind or decide differently so that’s why I’m going with the flow. He is very consistent, calls every day and well...,I don’t know. I’m seeing what happens. :-)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
G
OP Offline
G
I’m hear you whine. Will someone send me some cheese please? Preferably a spicy one. Just listen to me vent for maybe 25 seconds.

I’m so darn lonely. I keep thinking I want someone. I keep thinking I might be a good partner at this point. Ugh. I’m. Just. Lonely. I miss hanging out with someone and snuggling. Nothing fancy. I’m not a fancy woman.

Things are done with the Canadian. He was kind of controlling and I don’t think he understood the “challenges” of being a single Mom. I think he wanted to BUT he couldn’t. That however is my longest online relationship. I think we lasted about a month. Yes. I still hear from and talk to many of the peeps I went out with but I went out with this guy about 10 times. A record of sorts.

My employer is being sold and the sale will take until Jan. Grateful to have a job still.

I dunno. I would like something really good to happen. Gah. Whine over.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
K
kml Offline
K
Awww, hon - I’m sorry. You’re allowed to whine. It’s disappointing but also good that you recognized he wasn’t for you - that’s what dating is for, after all, right? To figure out if someone is a match - or not.

And it’s an incredibly difficult time to be single. This is when the companionship and support of a relationship would be especially good to have.

(((((Hug)))))

Don’t give up. You’re finally in a place where you’re open to the idea of a relationship. That’s a start. Hang in there. A better guy will come along.

B
B
I'm sorry doll. At least you're dating. Kml is right, it's tough right now to be without a snuggle partner. i get it - sometimes I just want a hug, but ... well, love in the time of Covid. It will get better. you've come so far, don't give up now. xooxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks for reading. I’m just going to admit I’ve come to whine for a minute. I’m sorry. I hate doing it but I need to..

So, I’m doing a bit better with ex Mr. GB and his wife having a kid. Honestly, I know it will be weird, however, I generally try not to think of him. We are friendly and I’m grateful that I’m a mother as a result of my time with him. However well ..Apparently the new wife “switched up on him.” She had never been married before and had moved across the country a number of times for a variety of relationships. She was really laid-back when they were dating and I think she’s a bit high strung now. She yells at him and tells him what he will and won’t do. This was told to me by him and the kids. I didn’t ask. I did smile. Is that bad? They make lots of money and I do struggle with that thinking that he rarely worked with me and that somehow we didn’t warrant him to support his family. I know. I know. I’ve got to push that aside. I admit it. And I try to be nice to everyone. But some days I just want him to be miserable. Swing the 2x4 hard at moi!

So my daughter “dates” a friend’s son. We’ve known each other for several years and talked to each other a lot when going through our respective divorces. They live a few hours away and essentially talk on the phone 5 hours a day. Ah to be a teenager. :-). Anyways, the dad is my dream guy. My kids say he’s a taller, better looking Tom Brady. We’ve been friends for years. He is a fitness model (yes, as a reminder I’m a cliche) and designer. He’s ridiculously hot, nerdy, funny and a great dad. However, he had a gf for many years. I knew her. While pleasant to me, I didn’t think they would go the distance. They broke up earlier this year. We really click and he’s only a couple of years younger. Of course, he isn’t going to be available long and when I visited in late May he was semi dating this woman he has worked with for years. Long story short. They visited. We had beverages and we kind of kissed (he had to semi participate cause he’s a foot taller than me) and said he was attracted, wasn’t rejecting me (but I mean he was which I get because they are actually in a R versus just dating) to me but the woman was now his gf. I would say I felt guilty but I didn’t really know. And honestly at least I go to my deathbed saying I got that close to him :-). Sigh. Universe is killing me. Honestly, I’m
Not surprised. I don’t have luck like that. Anyway, we had so much fun on their visit. If only he was single. But he’s not. And he’s not going to be. This is a bitter pill to swallow but it’s par for the course.

I’m lonely. I’ve seen the ex bf a couple of times and will see him Sunday for a bit. Not sure how I would meet someone. Gah. I’m just ready. However, I understand just because I’m ready doesn’t mean it’s my time. What I’m really hoping is that I just decide being by myself is better. I really don’t know how much “dating” I have left in me. Would be nice to find someone. Not sure that’s in the cards.

Hope everyone is heathy and well.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
G
OP Offline
G
Am I poster child for how not to date? So, I think the pandemic has stirred things in many people-myself included. 3 meh I’ve dated have waited to meet and talk. One was the Canadian. While physically and mentally attracted to him, he is, ahem, rather controlling. If I’m being repetitive I apologize in advance. He works out for three hours a day and he invited me over for movie night when were seeing each other. He held up a snack size bag of chips and thought that we could indulge. I had to stifle my laughter.

I actually texted him to see how he was doing because I came across something that reminded me of him. Honestly I wasn’t even sure he’d respond but we started some banter and he invited me over to talk. I didn’t go the first night he asked. But I agreed to come over the next night. I walked in the door, he hugged me, then kissed me and the tried to you know...all within the first 5 minutes. While I understand that’s normal, I asked him if we could just chat first since I had not seen him in five weeks. He became kind of angry and ask why we had to rehash this foolishness. I am very logical for a woman and I asked him what he meant by that because I did think the reason we end it was foolish. Although it was a much bigger issue in play which I totally get. But basically he stopped speaking to me because he thought it took too long for me to call him back. And I agreed with him that I thought that was foolish but that he was the one who stopped speaking to me. So then he offered to get me an earpiece or to install some thing in my car. And he told me that he had gotten approved to be a foster parent. And his mother was as well. And he obviously has a very big heart and he’s a kind human, but he is also very ridged and controlling. I’m very much a free spirit. And even though I have a tendency to attract men who are a little bit more buttoned down, I just felt like I would be disappointing him nonstop. And I just want something that flows a little easier at this point. I also told him that I don’t want to keep him from having kids to which he responded he was totally open to any situation. However, I could tell by his face that he really wants to have kids of his own. He’s 38. I told him that he can still do that.

We talked for a bit and I told him that I was a bit hurt when he hung up on me because I didn’t call him back fast enough. He said it was close to two hours before I called him back and it was at night. I was driving back from the lake with my oldest son and I don’t talk on the phone while I drive. I had also wanted to do something for his birthday and he declined. I told him that I just wanted to do something nice for him and then I didn’t hear from him for five weeks because he got angry at me. However, when I got there he was all over me which made me feel a bit odd. He finally got frustrated with me and accused me of withholding intimacy for a ransom. I could understand if we were seeing each other but I had not talked to the man in almost 6 weeks so I’m not sure what the ransom was. He told me I wasn’t serious about reconciling and that obviously I didn’t have true love and passion for him. He’s very much a romantic and his exact words were that he is looking for a fairytale. Unfortunately or fortunately I don’t believe in fairytales. He walked me to my car and was super angry with him. I don’t think we will chat again.

That’s all I have. I am meeting the guy that I dated for two years for mimosas on Saturday morning. Well, I can’t drink very much so it’ll probably be a single mimosa for me. He lives out of state now but we’ve had fun catching up. Nothing has happened except for a kiss.

Hope everyone is healthy and doing well during this very odd time. Sending everyone a hug.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
K
kml Offline
K
So then he offered to get me an earpiece or to install some thing in my car.

OH my GOD. RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely too controlling. And strange. Get out!

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard