Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
S
scout12 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Died laughing at that ice cream story, kml! Thanks for the birthday wishes, y’all.

X was late without notice to pick up S2 this morning. “He’s a bit late”, I explained as to why he wasn’t here yet. Five minutes later there was a knock on the door. “My dada’s here!” S2 exclaimed. He ran to the door and greeted X with the helpful statement “DADA, YOU'RE LATE!” Silence from X while I tried not to laugh. Even after closing the door I could hear him repeating “Dada, you’re late!” at the top of his lungs while X buckled him into his car seat. I did laugh then. All those times I freaked out over his lateness and now he gets called out by a two-year old. Lol.

chumplady.com
D
DnJ Offline
D
LOL

That’s too funny.

The innocent clarity of a child’s view, is what might actually make a change with X’s punctuality.

Called out by a two year old. hee hee smile

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
M
M
That is hilarious. Your kid is awesome. Happy belated birthday also!! xx

Me (46) H (42)
M:14 T:18, D9 & D11
4/19 - 12/19: series of escalating BDs
9/20 - present: R and piecing
S
scout12 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
More from the mouth of S2. I dressed him this morning and sent him to play. Two minutes later he comes barrelling back into the room. "Oh my god! I did a wee in my undies." LOL. He is toilet trained so that was random. It was his half birthday a few days ago (2.5) and he's just so funny and clever and cheeky.

In other news, X emailed to say he had a covid test and would be isolating this week so couldn't pick up S2. He then said "I would love to make it up to him" by having him stay overnight on Saturday, to which I agreed. He went out of his way to assure me he would share the test results beforehand and suspend his visits with S2 if it came back positive.

That probably doesn't seem like much, but when expectations are zero, even the bare minimum seems impressive!

chumplady.com
S
scout12 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I should mention that this is the first time S2 will be sleeping over at X's house. He has had two other sleepovers away from home without me, but they were both at X's sister's house in the care of X's parents. I am confident he will be fine. He and I are both ready for this.

chumplady.com
D
DnJ Offline
D
Good Morning scout

S2’s innocence is adorable. I can just picture him running back into the room, aghast at his random accident. smile

X it seems has really stepped up his game. Isolating, ensure you that he would share the results, and so on. No small thing.

I think a sleepover for S2 is an excellent plan. I bet son is looking forward to it.

Have a great day.

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
S
scout12 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Bad news: X is in arrears for child support. Sigh. Expectations back to zero.

Good news: My L received his signed acknowledgement of service for the divorce application.

Other news: I went on a first date with a 25-year old yesterday (fun but a dead end) and a second date with the single dad today. Single dad was much more relaxed and didn’t seem as goofy this time around. More attractive. He came to my neighbourhood, took me to brunch (and paid), then we walked around the nearby seaside village for a while. We talked a lot and it was easy, fun, and respectful. He told me his hand was cold and asked to hold mine. That’s the most action I’ve had in 14 months and even that felt like too much. LOL. I made it clear that things need to go slow for me to feel comfortable. We shall see how things develop. How on earth do people get comfortable enough to sleep with a virtual stranger on the third date? I think I have a lot of barriers around physical intimacy that I need to work through.

chumplady.com
B
B
Originally Posted by scout12
He told me his hand was cold and asked to hold mine. That’s the most action I’ve had in 14 months and even that felt like too much. LOL. I made it clear that things need to go slow for me to feel comfortable. We shall see how things develop. How on earth do people get comfortable enough to sleep with a virtual stranger on the third date? I think I have a lot of barriers around physical intimacy that I need to work through.

Yup.
I've said for YEARS I'm numb from the neck down.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
W
W
Originally Posted by scout12
He told me his hand was cold and asked to hold mine. That’s the most action I’ve had in 14 months and even that felt like too much. LOL. I made it clear that things need to go slow for me to feel comfortable. We shall see how things develop. How on earth do people get comfortable enough to sleep with a virtual stranger on the third date? I think I have a lot of barriers around physical intimacy that I need to work through.

Awww. The hand holding sounds sweet. Take you time, time is on your side. I sometimes try to picture imaginary dates and I also have exactly the same feeling- how the hell do you know the man is not a serial killer behind doors?? Lol. Im not sure if it’s trust issues from experience with H or I’ve been out of the game for too long.

BD: Sep 2019
D in progress
K
kml Offline
K
Yeah I think third date is kinda stupid - honestly, how much do you usually know about someone by a third date? It should happen whenever you feel like you’re comfortable and attracted enough and that can be very different for different people at different times. It also depends on how vulnerable you are to getting over-attaches or hurt if you sleep with someone and it doesn’t work out (I’m not at All bothered by that so have been maybe a bit looser than others would be comfortable with).

I hope you choose carefully because I want you to have a positive experience with a man who makes you feel like a goddess and shows you what truly caring sex looks like. I imagine it will be a revelation after your ex.

Speaking if which - what’s his explanation for being late on child support? Can you get it changed to automatic deposit?

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard