Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hey y’all, hope everyone is doing well and not too affected by this plague (ginger, I’m so sorry to hear about your aunt).. things are good here, my friends from FL have been visiting because life here is normal and it’s a nice getaway for them.. living life in the woods has its benefits, and social distancing is pretty darn easy. My best friend from highschool came up for two weeks, we just had campfires in the back yard, I let him cut down a couple of dead trees I had and we went camping one weekend, but it was normal and did him a lot of good to get away..

As for me, things are good.. I’m lucky in many ways, I’ve been teleworking for the last few months which works out well for my introverted self, I’m finally getting a big promotion that has taken way to long to get, and my R with Robin is going really well. I can honestly say that I wouldn’t change my life even if I could, going through my D was the hardest thing I ever did, but it’s made me so strong.. Being strong and not afraid, that’s the way to live.

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
K
kml Offline
K
my friends from FL have been visiting because life here is normal

But it’s not normal in Florida. Just read a report about a woman in Jacksonville who went out with 15 of her friends to a bar. ALL 15 later tested positive for COVID and so did 7 of the servers.

Be careful. This virus is nothing to mess with. My niece is an ECMO nurse in Oregon. Right now she’s treating a 51 year old woman with COVID, no pre-existing conditions, who is not expected to make it.

D
D
And be careful cutting down trees because that too could kill you. I’ve seen reports where trees fall on people taking them down. And camping, wow there are ticks everywhere and they too can cause great harm. Limes disease is nothing to mess with.

Get my point? Life has risk, at least if it’s worth living. Glad you are living yours and it is going well for you!

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
K
kml Offline
K
You can still enjoy life with a mask and hand sanitizer and 6 foot distancing - plenty of people are doing it. And it reduces your risk by 85%. If you could reduce your risk of Lyme disease or a tree falling on you by 85% just by wearing a little piece of cloth over your mouth, wtf is the problem??? Just because the news cycle has moved on doesn't mean the virus is gone.

B
B
Nice to "see" you Coconut!

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
A
A
So you enjoy a lot your holiday.

C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by DonH
And be careful cutting down trees because that too could kill you. I’ve seen reports where trees fall on people taking them down.

Yeah, there is risk, especially when you decide to do it after sitting around BSing and having a few beers.. but they were small trees and an easy fell.. I do have one more tree to do, but the tree leans one way with two big branches that go in two different directions, that tree scares me a bit so I haven’t tackled it yet.

Originally Posted by bttrfly
Nice to "see" you Coconut!
Thx bttrfly, you’re too kind, I appreciate you reaching out to say that, feels good.

It’s been a great month, my son reached out to me about a month ago and said he wanted to come up and visit (he’s doing summer school online and has been bouncing around family members houses to spend time with everyone), so he asked me to fly him up and I told him I wouldn’t cause he has two auto immune diseases and didn’t want to risk it, so we agreed to meet near his moms house in GA and I’d drive him up and back the from there. When I first asked how long, he said he didn’t know, but probably two weeks. He is taking a full load this summer, organic chemistry, physics 2, and two other course that I don’t remember, but needless to say he was swamped with school work, on most days he only left the room I set up as an office to eat and maybe 30 minutes of free time, but there were a few days where we hung out for several hours at a time. One of those days, 4th of July, I took him on a 10 mile trip on the Cape Fear River, which was a blast. It was my first time doing that stretch and I was surprised at the number of rapids, the first 5 miles of the trip was relatively calm with a few small rapids, but the last 5 miles was full of class two and a few class three rapids.

On three of the other multiple hour Free time occasions, the lady I’m dating, Robin, and her kids either came over here, or we went to her place for dinner and game nights. All three kids are one year apart from 19 to 21, everyone got along well and as my son told me, Robin and her kids are just the right amount of dysfunctional to be a lot of fun to hang out with. I was really pleased with how well everyone got along, and there was no shortage of insults or antagonizing going on, so I know everyone felt comfortable.

Overall, I didn’t spend much quality time with him, but I did get to teach him how to cook a few meals, he is moving out of the dorm and into an apartment this coming semester, so he’ll have to cook now... But it was just nice to have him here to say good morning and good night too. When two weeks came up, I asked him if he was ready to leave, he said no, he wanted to stay longer. I assumed that meant three weeks would be the number, so during a phone call with a friend I made arrangements to go on a big fishing trip at 10,000 islands in the Everglades with him the next weekend after dropping him off in Ga. well, after making the plans I realized I didn’t ask my son if he was ready to leave and he said he would of liked to stay longer, but it was probably good since his mom was chomping at the bit to see him. On the way to taking him back to GA I made it a point to tell him that I felt like I lost a lot of time living with him because of the D and him staying with me really meant a lot, and he gave me the biggest compliment I could have imagined.. he told me that he spends a lot of time at his moms, at his biological fathers house, with his grandparents houses, and staying with me is the only place that feels like home. That meant so much to me..

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
K
kml Offline
K
Awww. that's so sweet!

G
G
Life really does sound good

D
D
That is awesome!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard