Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#2894142 05/05/20 03:38 AM
L
LB55 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Previous thread

Nothing much to update just starting a new thread. Same situation; been almost 18 months now since WW field for divorce. Trying to move with kids and doesn’t want to finish our business. Legal battle to ensure I suspect.

Me40; W38; S12; D9
BD11/19/2018 D filed 12/20/18
D Final 7/2020
Being the best example I know how for my kids to see.
L
LB55 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
U- I do think a settlement is possible. Just not right now. She’s gotten her way on everything thus far. She about to get a big old legal turd sandwich here in a couple days. It’s not gonna be pretty. Been withholding visitation because it’s inconvenient to commute from BF house 90 mins away...so blames COVID and says I can’t see the kids. I have two attorneys...one is a friend free of cost for advice and the other actually represents me. Both think we are going to destroy her in this contempt case. I haven’t seen them kids in 5 weeks. That’s what I am willing to go to court about. All day long.

I think once she sees the case against her she might change her tune on settling to avoid getting destroyed in court. Hard to say. A runaway train doesn’t stop in a short distance unless it’s derailed.

Me40; W38; S12; D9
D Final 7/2020
U
U
LB ~ Sounds like a good plan. I'm sure this is hard to go through, hang in there.

L
LB55 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Round and round the bush we go. Sends me her number for the value of the house. Appraisal not required if I accept the value. I say you can take it and we I’ll credit your side of the settlement for that amount. Now she needs an appraisal because it’s not fair. Haha so dumb.

She has now decided I won’t see the kids unless I settle on her terms. I said I’ll see you in court. She will get served papers this week for a hearing about refusing visitation. I just want to see them. Financial settlement and time with my kids are not related from my perspective. Hopefully the judge has the same perspective.

Me40; W38; S12; D9
D Final 7/2020
O
O
Round and round the bush we go. Sends me her number for the value of the house. Appraisal not required if I accept the value. I say you can take it and we I’ll credit your side of the settlement for that amount. Now she needs an appraisal because it’s not fair. Haha so dumb.
Wow that is bad. Like comically bad. She is clearly interested in screwing you over and not much else.

LB, I feel bad that this is so ugly, but you keep doing the right thing. It doesn't sound like you are letting her get to you, good job on that.

I hope the hearing goes well.

H 34
W 29
BD 3/12/18
Divorce Busted Spring 19

It is not things that bother us, but the stories we tell ourselves about things.
U
U
LB ~ Yeah, that's not going to look good in court for her (I would hope). Nobody wants to go to court, but maybe this will resolve things more quickly for you and it will turn out for the better.

I'll post details about my situation in my thread, don't want to hijack here, but we seem to be on somewhat parallel tracks.

A
A
Hey LB, sorry to hear the negotiation route isn't going to work, but it sounds like you're taking it all in stride so that's good! My XW wanted the house value appraised and since I was keeping it felt the costs should 100% be borne by me. I asked her who she wanted to do the appraisal and she said she didn't care. I contacted HER real estate friend and asked for a recommendation and used that appraiser. Then in the 11th hour XW wanted to micro manage the whole process, asking if the appraiser had considered that this house shouldn't be used for comparison because of blah blah blah and such. Just ridiculous. So I know your frustration in that regard! Luckily for me XW never fought for more than 50-50 on the kids, I really feel for you on that. I am sure it will all work out for you in the end!

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
T
T
Originally Posted by LB55
I haven’t seen them kids in 5 weeks. That’s what I am willing to go to court about. All day long.

She has now decided I won’t see the kids unless I settle on her terms. I said I’ll see you in court. She will get served papers this week for a hearing about refusing visitation. I just want to see them. Financial settlement and time with my kids are not related from my perspective. Hopefully the judge has the same perspective.

I think once she sees the case against her she might change her tune on settling to avoid getting destroyed in court.

Fantastic! I think most judges these days favor the parent who wants to see their children. Well done fighting for them. It sounds like your attorney is relatively confident you're on good footing.

L
LB55 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Well finally got to see the kids this past weekend. It’s been since March. Was so nice to have them around again. We did a couple projects and got out of the house to take a walk in the forest on a sunny day. Hate that I have to get the courts involved but I’ve got to do what I’ve got to do.

Me40; W38; S12; D9
D Final 7/2020
V
V
Good. Crush it as a dad. There's hardly any job more worthwhile...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard