Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
B
B
Originally Posted by Cadet
Originally Posted by Cadet
Who knows whether the patient had covid and is just undiagnosed or not ( this just happened) and
has us all scared.

UPDATE - patient tested NEGATIVE from covid - Thank goodness!! smile smile smile

Thank goodness indeed! xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
B
B
G I'm so proud of you! This is progress! Real progress, and you stood up for yourself. You know your worth. Wonderful! xoxoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
job Offline
Ginger,

I am so proud of you! I'm glad you finally had that "conversation" w/E and he now knows that you are on to his behavior/personality type. It's good to break that link w/him and let him know where you stand. He certainly wasn't the strong man type for sure. The right one will come along when you least expect it...but you certainly dodged a bullet w/this one.

As for the wardrobe...good luck putting it together and have fun w/your daughter do this. A fire pit and a patio sound really nice for the backyard.

For now, home is where we all should be. It's going to be a while before any of us will be able to travel safely.

Enjoy your time off!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
J
J
Awesome ginger. You identified a problem early on, refused to tolerate it, and even called him out on it. So impressed because it’s not easy. I know in the past, I would question myself or focused on the good traits telling myself “no ones perfect etc”. But he really wasn’t worthy of you. Sounds like a child and I’m glad you know your worth. I hope he learns from it and does some soul searching

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks! I am pretty proud of myself too! What happened with M broke me and built me at the same time. It was such an eye opener. I am learning ot trust myself and recognize my worth. He certainly was not the man for me. He couldn't be a man. ANd I am certainly not going to be an option for when the world is all hunky dory again. That isnt how it works.

Well, we all know there is no more dating, so I am on a good forced hiatus. I have no desire anyways. I'm good on my own. I have wonderful friends and good support in my life. Those friends stick by my side through the good, bad, ugly, instead of running and hiding. We got another virtual happy hour friday night.

ANd Cadet, thank God the patient is negative! PLease give her all my love. She's my hero!

C
C
Originally Posted by Ginger1
ANd Cadet, thank God the patient is negative! PLease give her all my love. She's my hero!

Thanks - mine too

She sends her love back!

Me-70, D37,S36
R
R
Ginger I know I have never really said much, especially because I just moved over to this forum not to long ago but I have read your posts for awhile now. I had to comment on this one because I am so glad you left this guy.

He wanted to have a phone conversation. It was actually quite hilarious. I think he thought he was breaking up with me.........he wanted to assure me I had done absolutely nothing wrong and he doesn't want me for a minute to think what we had wasn't real.

This guy can't handle rejection and it is almost comical.

He went on about how he hoped we can still talk because and maybe one day if when things go back to normal that he can reach out to me again and see what happens.

So when the going gets tough he is going to bale on you, but when things are wonderful he wants a relationship with you? Wow.

Were you dating George Costanza from Seinfeld? Remember the episode when the the fire alarm went off and he pushed the kids and old lady down to get out first. He then went on to explain to the fireman that he was actually doing them a service.

1st BD December 26, 2008
PA admitted to by XW December 29, 2008

2nd BD May 23, 2019
Daughter confirms EA
Divorce Finalized July 18, 2019
D
D
Originally Posted by JujuB
I hope he learns from it and does some soul searching

I too think Ginger did a good job here. TBH it sounded very much like this is where things were heading for at least a few weeks now if not more. But by ginger’s own description it sounds much more like this was a mutual breakup. I Got the strong feeling this guy had checked out already based on everything ginger said. Then it almost sounded like he thought he was breaking up with her and just trying to “let her down easy”. So let’s not make this something it’s not. I don’t get the feeling he’s going to be doing any soul searching of any kind.

It just ran it’s short course. He seemed to not be the guy for her from early on and certainly never seemed to get her overly excited. He got distant, then thought more about it and wanted to end things more properly than with emojis and a text so he called. I give him credit for that. No harm no foul on either side. It’s not a love connection so move on. Again I think Ginger did a great job. But to think he’s licking his wounds or doing any soul searching is a bit far fetched. Just how I see it.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
B
B
seems to me the 51 year old was all about nailing the 39 year old. when things got real, he showed his true self.

G., I'm proud of you xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
B
B