Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
K
K
I'm a single mom and nope I'm not putting myself at risk unless I have to. My kids come first.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I do agree what I do is important. But when it comes down to it, we need to save them to discharge them, ya know. But yes, I manage to go get people home with what they need when they go. We can anticipate problems, make room in the hospital for patients who need the beds. That is important. I really get what a soldier feels like wanting to fight for his country though. Kas, I wish it was that simple. But when you have a specialized set of skills that can save lives, it isn't a no-brainer. For now,

My friend who we were supposed to cruise with..... her sister is a nurse. She got it. One of our nurses on who I just found out is newly pregnant. SHe got it. OUr healthcare workers are beginning to get it. Our ID doc, his mother is not doing well. Yesterday we put more patient's on comfort care after terminal extubation.

My exMIL actually fared pretty well and got discharged yesterday, SHe and my ex gave my case manager fried a hard time about something and gave her attitude. Not surprising.

I got home and took a nice long walk with my doggie. It was beautiful here. Cooked a nice dinner. Today is supposed to be my last day of work until next monday, but i think they are going to beg me to come in on friday. . We were told we may be denied vacation through the summer depending on whats going on. Awesome.

As far as E. We are over and done. He has done nothing to keep this alive. I have tried though. I tried ot make a FT time date saturday night which he ditched me for to watch a disney movie. Before that we were on the phone, he got cut off, said he would call me right back and never did. He was talking about hard this is. We could have went on a hike this weekend, but he feels no point if we cant be physical. My friends have offered help like if they go to the store, they will get me something. He has offered me nothing. Even his dad was trying to tell him he needs to do something like send flowers during this , and he said "no one sends flowers anymore". 1) yes they do, 2) your dad was giving you an example, but he was telling you to do SOMETHING.

So, I got upset when he didn't call me back and he told me he was eating dessert and was going ot watch a disney movie and maybe he would facetime me later. When we were supposed to "have a date" I told him, don't bother to call, Ill be asleep by then, I guess our date was cancelled. He said nothing except send me a sad face and i have not heard from him for 2 days. It's over and done. I am not sad, I don't feel like anything is missing from my life, he clearly wasn't adding to it.

More and more and more I realize how I prefer to be alone. I am good alone. Unless you really add something great to my life, I am just fine without a partner. Yeah, I miss physical touch emotional intamacy, but I haven't found a guy who could properly give me any of that. I take care of myself . I am happy on my own. I may never find someone. But i think I'll be just fine. I have been single pretty much most of my adult life. Maybe one day when my child is on her own, I'll find that partner who wants to do stuff together and have some fun. A companion. I never got the family life and that's ok. It wasn't meant for me. My daughter and i are a family.. Maybe I'll just find a good companion in the next phase of my life.

ANyways, dreading to go to work, but thankful I have a few days off.

B
B
Originally Posted by Ginger1
We could have went on a hike this weekend, but he feels no point if we cant be physical.

Honey, this sentence tells you what he's all about.

My friends have offered help like if they go to the store, they will get me something. He has offered me nothing. Even his dad was trying to tell him he needs to do something like send flowers during this , and he said "no one sends flowers anymore". 1) yes they do, 2) your dad was giving you an example, but he was telling you to do SOMETHING.

Hope he enjoys his solitude.

@$$.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
D
D
Originally Posted by bttrfly
We could have went on a hike this weekend, but he feels no point if we cant be physical.

Honey, this sentence tells you what he's all about.

I had the same thought when I saw this. Sure I could see feeling and wanting the same and even saying so but I’d also add in that it will still be nice to get together and I’ll take what I can get right now.

How did you find out about his dads suggestions? Not the sharpest knife in the drawer that he would tell you, “my dad said I should send you flowers but I told him people don’t do that anymore” Thing is, he’s half right, people in FWB Rs don’t do that. It almost seems like that’s how he may have looked at this. He also seems checked out. Not calling you back, Choosing Disney and desert over FT does as well. I actually did a FT date of sorts last night (long story and it’s complicated, well kinda) but I would certainly not call her my GF to my dad - or anyone else.

Last thought, he was telling you how much he missed you. I even “scolded” you to not lead him on. Turns out he may have needed the scolding. His words were not matching his actions. “I really miss you” so you say let’s do a walk and he says what’s the point. “I really miss you” so you say let’s do a FT date and he blows you off. “I really miss you” so he doesn’t call you back after a dropped call. Starting to sound like he really meant “I Really miss sex with you”.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I wished him luck in the future and told him to stay safe.

He sent me a sad face emoji. A freakin’ emoji. Although he communicates like that. He is 51.

Ugh. Here I go again on my own. Not that he was adding anything to my life anyways

T
T
Sorry to hear G, glad you recognized his lack of effort and pulled the plug. You certainly could have done things to keep in touch Face Time calls, etc.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
K
kml Offline
K
Girl! This is progress! You're seeing that he's not stepping up to the plate like you deserve and you're calling it off! I love it!

I mean, I'm really sorry that you are disappointed once again in a guy. BUT - this is big progress on your part not to keep doing all the work trying to keep something alive when it's obviously not working for you. You didn't spend a year this time! Yay! The less time you spend on fruitless relationships like this one, the more chances you have to meet a guy who is right for you.

C
C
Originally Posted by Cadet
Who knows whether the patient had covid and is just undiagnosed or not ( this just happened) and
has us all scared.

UPDATE - patient tested NEGATIVE from covid - Thank goodness!! smile smile smile

Me-70, D37,S36
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
So, He wanted to have a phone conversation. It was actually quite hilarious. I think he thought he was breaking up with me.........he wanted to assure me I had done absolutely nothing wrong and he doesn't want me for a minute to think what we had wasn't real. I had to bite my tongue from laughing. He went on to tell me how wonderful and perfect I am . But he just doesn't know how long this quarantine is going to last and everything is so crazy now, He is expressed he is freaked out by the pandemic and by the fact I am a nurse. He went on about how he hoped we can still talk because and maybe one day if when things go back to normal that he can reach out to me again and see what happens. That's where I halted it. I told him "you only want something to do with me when everything is hunky dory? Sorry, but this showed me that you are runner when things get tough and I am not a fairweather girlfriend" he said, OMG, you are right. You are aboslutely right. I am have never been good at handling situations in adversity and I am conflict avoidant. I told him I've known alot of hard times in my life and you have to be present and adapt to your circumstances. I also called him out on putting out absolutely no effort and for his actions not matching his words. He agreed.

Bottom line. He is not the man I need. I understand that this is a very difficult time for many and it's hard to sort out feelings and it's easy to be scared, but he I saw this in the writing before this even happened.

I am getting much better at realizing what doesn't serve me and letting go of what doesn't. It's his loss. ANd I think he knows it. ANd i made sure he knew I was not an option in the future if he was going otowalk away now. I think that took him by surprise, but come on now. So I am a very single woman again, and obviously won't be dating any time soon due to circumstances. I am fortunate to have some good emotional support an connection otherwise.

It takes a strong man to be my partner. And I still have not found a gy who can appreciate a strong, loving, unselfish and understanding woman, Most men don't know what to do with one of those. ANd i ma not willing to settle until I find a guy who can show me he appreciates that with actions. I know it was also what M couldn't handle.

I am off tomorrow and thursday, but agreed to go into work friday because we are so short and clearly, I have no where to go. D12 will go to her dads. Who had been exceedingly nice to me. I bought a wardrobe for D12 and it got delivered and the box was way too heavy to carry in the house.When he dropped D12 off today when I was at work he brought all the pieces in piece by piece. I thanked him and he said "it was the least I could do". SO tomorrow we are building a wardrobe. I am also pretty excited I am putting a patio in with a firepit in the space where my shed used to be. I might even do the project myself, but if not, a got a guy to do it. I have alot of money from my taxes, and a cancelled cruise. I am realizing that home may have to be a happy haven until this world gets back to normal which might take some time. So I am excited for the project.

Ah, can't wait for these 2 days off.

A
A
Good for you (((Ginger))) Enjoy a break from this madness. I'm so glad you are there in the front lines with your dedication to keep everyone safe.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard