Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Kyh #2890744 03/28/20 04:35 AM
K
Kyh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks Job!

I was posting in the lockdown thread but thought I'd move over to my own. The kids and I are doing good, thankfully we fought off the covid virus and are doing good but it has been like living with raccoons in the house lol. I got an order from the health dept. that we have to stay in quarantine 1 more week. My symptoms were mostly mild except a tight chest and a strange cough like I've never experienced, super dry and burning with no productivity at all. Ex described the same thing to me tonight so she has it too, she didn't sound too good so she's going to check in periodically. The symptoms also seemed to come and go over short periods. Thankfully it didn't affect the kids as much. I was worried about S because of the pneumonia/surgery a couple years ago but he never had chest pain or cough. I haven't done any cardio yet but I'm betting things aren't going to be the same, my chest just feels a little different now.

I have almost daily contact w/ex (before quarantine) and multiple times a day on the phone the last couple weeks which has been good for the most part. She has snapped and yelled at me a couple times lately from being stressed but has apologized immediately (I don't react), so that's something new. There's a lot of anger right under the surface but I think she's trying. She mentions counseling a lot and I think it's helping. I suspect she broke up with her bf as she was really out of sorts for a little bit. She also told me right before the outbreak that she thought she had cancer and was making an appointment but didn't once things started going crazy. She was really worried and now seems to be sticking her head in the sand about it. From what she told me she should be worried. IDK what to do but I bother her about it often. I'm thinking about saying something to ex step mil or ex mil because I think I may be the only one she has told.

Other than being sick we're doing good. We're starting to get some plans for school and structure to get the kids back on track as much as possible but from the looks of things they're going to be online the rest of the year.

Kyh #2890790 03/28/20 04:30 PM
job Offline
Kyh,

I'm glad you posted an update. I had to chuckle about your comment "living like racoons". I think we all are feeling that way these days. People are out "hunting for food, toilet paper and paper towels" in my area.

I am glad that you and your children are doing okay and survived the worse of the virus. Sorry to hear that your xw is suffering from the symptoms at the moment. Hope she is taking care of herself and staying in isolation.

Hang in there and keep posting to let us know that you and the kids are doing okay.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Kyh #2891038 03/30/20 11:23 PM
K
Kyh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
The kids and I are doing good, no symptoms popping back up so I'm thinking we're good. Ex is still sick and sounded bad this morning. She told me she was alone so we've been checking in to make sure she is okay. Hopefully she will be over the hump soon.

Take care everyone!

Kyh #2891043 03/31/20 12:31 AM
B
B
I'm hearing a lot of parents say similar things from their houses with their little ones. I'm glad you three are doing better. I hope ex feels better soon and follows up on the potential cancer. Keep posting xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
Kyh #2891980 04/11/20 01:49 AM
K
Kyh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Just following up, we’re doing good here and it looks like we’re in the clear. It was quite strange going out this week since things were mostly normal when I went into quarantine. We had someone quit and another retire so I’ve been slammed with work while other things are backing up but I can’t complain in times like this.

Ex has had lots of contact through this and she’s been friendly. After she picked up the kids she texted me thanking me for being a good dad. That’s quite a turnaround from a couple years ago. Maybe everything going on has made her reflect a little.

I hope you all have a great Easter!

Kyh #2892000 04/11/20 01:42 PM
job Offline
Glad to hear that all of you are doing well. I'm sure you had a lot of work to catch up on...but you'll get things back up and running and on time.

I'm also glad that your xw has acknowledged that you are a good dad and continue to be so. I think we all have had some time to reflect on life, past and present and who knows...maybe she's finally realizing that life is short and need to make amends and acknowledge you for all you have done, past and present for her and the children.

Happy Easter to you and your little ones!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Kyh #2914751 02/10/21 01:05 AM
K
Kyh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Greetings from Coocoobananaville, it’s been awhile since I posted but I still check in here from time to time and mean to post but it doesn’t happen and I have some time in the airport today. . I’m doing good but it’s been a rough year, my ex step mother in law just passed away from glastioblastoma and it’s been a stressful last month. It’s hitting me really hard, she was such a great person and made me a better person just knowing her. It’s making me tear up think about her.

Ex has been with her helping and I’ve had the kids and weve been making weekends etc work. We’re getting along but I could see she was on edge when we talked. The night after she passed I called to check on ex, she was drunk and nice to me when I could hear people in the background, then she went into another room and let loose, it was bomb drop again, saying same exact stuff as when our friend died and she would t stop. Same exact stuff to the tee on repeat. How I wasn’t there for her again and comparing me to her parents. It was so crazy, I ended up yelling back at her when she started attacking my parenting and then telling me not to tell the kids any of my hippie crap. She calmed down a little and apologized but kept it up until ex step fil knocked and asked to talk to me, then I was so upset I could barely talk. I wonder if he heard and came to stop her. She apologized a couple times the next day but now I’m anxious again, about everything with her even though we’re getting along. To make it worse, guess who showed up at the funeral, om1!, it was super awkward. Ex Thankfully I thought it was her last bf, and couldn’t figure out why he was being weird around me until I put it together on my drive home. I’m glad I didn’t put it together before, I have a lot of anger towards that greasy weasel and it was better I didn’t realize it until later. I showed up to the reception w/son but wanted to leave as I felt uncomfortable. Ex showed up after we had been there awhile and I told her I was leaving, she kept asking why and told om1 she was walking me out. On the way she apologized and said he just showed up, and told me how ex smil didn’t like him and how she loved me, it was al just weird and opened up some wounds but that’s an affair for ya, and better to be cheated on than the cheater. The next day she called to see how I was and asked why I left and said she asked me to stay, I know she’s really upset right now but really!? We’re getting along still but I’m anxious again, I don’t want to repeat anything similar to 5 years ago. Hopefully things calm back down, thank god I found meditation.

I feel better just getting that out, I’ve been holding it in since the weekend.

Kyh #2914752 02/10/21 01:22 AM
K
Kyh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I forgot she also told me she me she loved me after the argument, I didnt know what to say but we talked for awhile. I feel bad not saying it back, she’s hurting so bad.

Kyh #2914753 02/10/21 01:27 AM
K
kml Offline
K
Oh - stay away from the crazy. Honestly.

Sure, you're sorry she feels bad and her fantasy life isn't working out and she realizes she messed up by leaving a good guy behind - fine. But do not let yourself get pulled back into anything with someone that unstable and let's face it, selfish. The things she said to you are pretty unforgiveable. And she doesn't sound like she's come to some mature understanding and acceptance of what she did wrong - she's just looking for someone to ease her pain and right now she thinks that might be you.

Don't get sucked in.

Kyh #2914756 02/10/21 02:17 AM
B
B
Hi Kyh,
What KML said x 1000

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.